Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Troika Closes Its Doors

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Tags: Troika Games

The following is a sad little e-mail which will come has a dissapointment to many here at the Codex, and has been circulating for a couple of days, was posted yesterday at <a href=http://www.nma-fallout.com>No Mutants Allowed</a>. It reveals that Troika is selling its office equipment, supplies and computers off, and that more importantly, it reveals that Troika is closing its doors:
<br>
<blockquote> LIQUIDATION SALE
<br>
<br>
After 7 exciting years, and 3 published games, Troika Games is closing its doors forever!
<br>
EVERYTHING MUST GO!
<br>
<br>
* Computers - P3 & up
<br>
* Monitors 13" - 21"
<br>
* Desks
<br>
* Chairs
<br>
* Conference Tables
<br>
* Filing Cabinets
<br>
* Cubicle System
<br>
* Canon Copier
<br>
* and much more!
<br>
<br>
Saturday, Feb. 19th 9am - 1pm only 17991 Cowan in Irvine (Cash & Carry)
<br>
Let our loss be your gain.
<br>
Please feel free to forward this email to anyone that may be interested in the sale.</blockquote>
<br>
The words I previously said about Troika were harsh, and uncalled for and for this I apologise. It is truly sad to see the demise of a company with so much potential, as well as the same company that brought us one of the best RPGs in recent years, <b>Arcanum</b>.
<br>
<br>
<b>David Marsh</b> of Troika has <a href=http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=183150#183150>confirmed</a> this e-mail to be legitimate, and had this to say to me:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Time to pop the champagne Exitium.</blockquote>
<br>
I'm not going to gloat. Despite the words I had to say on Troika's demise a few weeks back, I've come to realize that I'd have only popped a champagne bottle if Troika proved resilient to the test of time and adversity and managed to live on.

Hory

Erudite
[slowmode]NNNNNnnnnNNNNNnnnnOOOOOoooOOOOoooooo.......[/slowmode]
It's all Exitium's fault.
But I don't understand how come they can have these problems AFTER a game that sold... well enough.
Anyway, in case any devs are watching, I really appreciate the complex games you made, and thanks for not simplifing them for the lame people which only see the bugs in them.
thanks.JPG

The devs should get at job at Obsidian :).

Hory

Erudite
Most action RPGs are crap, however, there was plenty of role-playing in VMB. Just because you can aim, strafe and jump doesn't mean it's a bad game.

Surlent

Liturgist
"Your life ends in the Wasteland."

"Not even carrion eaters are interested in your radiated corpse."

"The darkness of the afterlife is all that awaits you now.
May you find more peace in that world than you found in this one."

-Narrator of Fallout
wasteland0ok.png

R.I.P ARCANUM & TROIKA
rip23kd.png

Hajo

Liturgist
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

Of all Trika games, I only played Arcanum, but it surely was one of the better RPGs that I've played.

callehe

Liturgist
NOOO!! It's too sad... :cry:

Troika getting buried, and with it, another promising PA game...

I hope the troika people are able to get new jobs soon. Hey, maybe Tim and co: could team up with obsidian, then all the original fallout devs would be together again!

No... that's just wishful thinking. More likely they will be absorbed by the evil empire (EA).

cRPG in the future: NHL 2006: of Hockey Sticks and Pucks obscura.

mathboy

Liturgist
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!!!!!! :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Shit. I'm enjoying Bloodlines more then I did enjoy any game during the last year. BTW, the email really looks like a joke.

Reklar

Liturgist
Damnit. :(

Oh well, at least Volourn and Exitium can search Troika's corpse for bug fixes and a story for ToEE now. :?

-Reklar
(a Fallout/RPG fan)

Greenskin13

Erudite
DrattedTin, how long should we mourn?

I want to buy their chairs, but Irvine is too far away.

Sniff....

Lomer

Liturgist
It is a very sad day for me. I have played and enjoyed all Troika games, Arcanum being my all-time favorite RPG. I hope that all of the Troika's founders and employees will be able to find another job in the computer games industry.

keeks

Novice
Damn, has it really been seven years? I still remember being excited about this new developer the creator of Fallout was starting. Sad to see them go :(

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Well, I'm pissed. I really didn't think this was going to happen.

Nice try at an apology, Ex. I guess that means I have to retract my sweatshop comment from that other thread now. :lol: I can't believe that after all that smack you talked about Troika, you come back with some shit like that. I thought they were joking about the flip-flopper stuff. I was once again proven wrong.

Real Classy.

By the way...Where the hell is VD?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom