Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Sites Hacked

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Along with our site and <a href=http://duckandcover.cx>Duck & Cover</a> that were hit today, it looks like the <a href=http://bloodlines.dilapidation.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=index>Bloodlines Dilapidation Forums</a> was hit the hardest, with *all* of their posts deleted in one fell swoop by a flaming pack of Brazilian faggots who call themselves the "H4ck3rsBr Group" and some queef named "Topa" who uses a <b>SKELETAL</b> hand as his signature. It looks like the tech support forum and all of its contents, like the helpful suggestions, bug reports, performance tweaks and all of Leon Boyarski's posts are gone. Unless Dan kept a backup, they're lost to well of eternity.

<a href=http://www.google.com>Googling</a> them yields 14,000+ links to other attacked websites, all of which seem to have been defaced, disabled or shut down permanently within the past 2 weeks.

How l33t of you to abuse a PHPBB/PHPNuke exploit. I hope you're proud of yourselves, you fucking losers.

Update: <a href=http://www.rpgdot.com>RPGDot</a> is the next to go down in this wave of adolescent stupidity. It seems to have been hit harder than the rest of us.

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
Sounds like script kiddies that have nothing better to do. I'm not entirely certain what they find fun in it. I mean, I guess if it was a challenge of some sort to break into the servers, have fun and tell be nice enough to tell the admin where the problem is. But from what it sounds like it's just some immature punks using (probably somebody else's) exploit to fuck with shit. Wow you can press a button on a program that automatically exploits a vulnerability. FUCK ASSES!

Topa

Novice
owned24.jpg

Ortchel

Liturgist
Why did they target Bloodlines/FO fan sites in particular?

suibhne

Erudite
Puerile little shit.

But hey, at least your life really amounts to something. :lol:

Sol Invictus

Erudite
It should also be funny to note that Dilapidation is getting a shitload of hits right now:
In total there are 267 users online :: 55 Registered, 2 Hidden and 210 Guests
Schadenfreude.

It's like when people see a car wreck on the road, they slow down to look. A site gets hacked and everyone visits it to see for themselves.

aesir05

Novice
bloodlines.dilapidation has been getting massive hits since bloodlines got released 15 days back, the 250+ users that are online has been the norm 24/7 for quite a few days.

Of all the threads gone, I miss the bug-report thread the most, it had a lot of things that Troika could potentially use.

voodoo1man

Liturgist
Wow. This is about on the same level as "owning" a wiki, both in terms of annoyance (hopefully, if they have a backup, or the waybackmachine picked them up) and technical difficulty. I sure hope you're proud of yourself, Topa, because deep down in my heart I know there's some 12 year old pimple-riddled punk (incidentally, not much unlike yourself) that looks up in awe to your wizard-like abilities and your totally rad skeleton-hand insignia since you have risked everything and accomplished great exploits. Now only if you could learn to use Photoshop better, you might just sway the rest of us to worship and obey you.

Ortchel

Liturgist
This sucks pretty bad, I gotta say. What have you guys done to prevent it from reoccuring? And, as I asked earlier, why did they target Bloodlines/FO fan sites?

Ortchel

Liturgist
From the wording of the news post it sounded like they were targeting community sites specifically.

Avin

Liturgist
well, brazilian or not?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom