Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

WOW Impressions

Sol Invictus

Erudite
What are your impressions of the retail release of WOW?

p.s. refrain from posting stupid flames, faggots.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Stick to the fucking topic, you retard.

I don't know why but it looks like the RPG Codex is completely full of illiterate fucktards who insist on bringing various arguments, flames and other unrelated bullshit into threads that have nothing to do with what they're talking about.

This shit is getting to be almost as bad as those forums where people could be discussing some subject at one moment and then 2-3 or so people will suddenly start talking about fucking baseball with some stupid team that nobody gives a flying fuck about.

Just fuck off and go to Gamespy.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Something fishy is going on in this thread. Anyway, I stay away from games I'd have to pay a monthly fee for.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Hey, leave the guy alone people. I'd also be interested in seeing others' opinions on how WoW actually plays.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Oh for fucks sakes, UDH stop acting like an illiterate. I dont know how many times I have to point out to people not to flame or post out of topic and actually post a relevent god damn response. People here are getting to be as bad as those on GameFAQs.

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
No need for a new thread, we've got one here. Though of course now, this post is going to get deleted for being off-topic.

xemous

Arcane
Greetings!

My friend purchased it, and from what i heard.

You can't play becuase they diddnt have enough servers to boot. You have to wait in a queue to play. Its laggy when you looting and killing monsters (pritty much everything then), you have to compete with about 20 people to do the kill quests.

They have added in a bunch more servers since then, and are increasing the pop count on the existing servers which i dont thing is good becuase it would be overcrowded.

Yet my friends are still happy and cant wait to play once it calms down a bit, plus i get a free copy of the game with 10 days becuase my friend works at eb, but i chose not to activate it until things settle.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Flame? Whatever. You're the one pissing and moaning about how bad WoW is, yet you cannot stop talking about it. My post was hardly a flame. I was joking with you. BIG FUCKING DIFFERENCE.

On topic: I won't buy it. MMORPG.

Ibbz

Augur
I've bought it but I have to wait until next week before I can play as I need a game card :/.

Ortchel

Liturgist
Frankly, I think Exitium is going to explode.

Anyway, I'm also interested to hear how this thing plays. Whats the race popularity like? I imagine it's mostly Night Elves with clever takes on the name 'Drizzit'.

p.s. Trolls rule, Elves drool.

NuZZ

Novice
.. Hmm, I know what wow stands for, no wait, I couldnt give a fuck because i haveto play oh that right...
Hook me up with something free

Seven

Erudite
POOPERSCOOPER said:
exitium is a faggot

Since I've been given the rank of arbiter I feel the need to flaunt my new title and *arbitrate* here. So in conclusion, don't use the word faggot or that whiney faggot'll show up (you know the one who thinks that it's wrong to call things gay) and protest. :P

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Well I'd imagine that WOW is a better game than EverQuest 2, because it's less strenuous when it comes to levelling up and doing quests but it's still a long throw away from how good it used to be during the Betas. Getting rid of skills, screwing up Taunt, nerfing the talents of each class in order to churn them out in cookie cutter party roles (e.g. warrior tanks, priest heals) and getting rid of all their 'utility skills' like the Mage's lockpick was all the tip of the iceberg.

I don't know how much worse it can get, though. If they undo some of that stuff and give the game the variety of character customization it had in the Betas, it'd be worth playing if you can stomach the level grind, the usual shit that comes with MMORPGs and the monthly fee. It's bad enough that housing, player vendors and epic classes aren't implemented as Blizzard promised they would be prior to the game's release. If DAOC, Asheron's Call 2 and Anarchy Online can do it, why not them?

Ibbz

Augur
Apparantly Warriors are pretty weak at the minute compared to other classes, So I hope something is done to even this up. This oddly enough, is I believe, opposite to what they were like in the closed beta Exit?

That and I hope reagent requirements for mages are removed, as I despise collecting reagents.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Yeah, Warrior's talents are pretty much completely useless, and Taunt is a piece of shit. You might as well take a Paladin for better survivability in instance dungeons, because if the party dies he can resurrect himself and then everybody else. He's the only one with that ability.

Mages are pretty bad now, too. Back in the beta, reagents were only used for the "Lockpick" spell, which has since been removed. You need reagents for everything now.

It's just another stupid retail timesink, like the equipment durability.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Here ya go, Rex. You should love THIS.

Here's a clip:

In just the first day alone, over 200,000 players created World of Warcraft accounts, and over 100,000 were already playing the game concurrently as of 5:00 p.m. PST on Tuesday. The account-creation and concurrent-user populations are both record numbers for a MMORPG on its first day of launch, making World of Warcraft the fastest-growing online game in history. World of Warcraft is expected to continue to shatter records and achieve a record-setting week-one population in the days ahead. With dozens of World of Warcraft servers already filled to capacity, Blizzard is deploying additional servers rapidly to match the growing player base.

Bwahahaha! Now THAT'S comedy gold right there. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom