Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News KOTOR 3 is on hold!

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: LucasArts

Yep, it's not a typo, <b>KOTOR 3</b> is on hold, as the team was let go. <a href=http://www.gamespot.com>GameSpot</a> <a href=http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/08/13/news_6104775.html>reports</a> that <b>LucasArts</b> is restructuring, they kicked out 31 people including the entire <b>KOTOR 3 </b> team. The fate of <b>KOTOR 4 & 5</b> teams is still unknown.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Wtf? KOTOR1 hasn't even been out for barely a year. KOTOR2 won't be out til 2005. Why the hell are they planning 3,4,5? That is too much...

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Jebus said:
So why did you put "Gamespot" and "reports" in two different hyperlinks?

...They usually do this, its a guideline they have to link to both the article and the main site where the article is from.

Whipporowill

Erudite
Jebus said:

Common posting courtesy to link to the frontpage as well as to the report mentioned.

As for a Kotor 3 team even existing. WTF? Where they thinking of doing it IN-house or what? Maybe we should be happy it was canned - I can't remember when Lucasarts did something I found worth playing.

plin

Liturgist
jiujitsu said:
Wtf? KOTOR1 hasn't even been out for barely a year. KOTOR2 won't be out til 2005. Why the hell are they planning 3,4,5? That is too much...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Spazmo

Erudite
Whippo--an internal LucasArts team did Jedi Knight (the first one from 1997 or something like that). And let's not dare forget that all the brilliant SCUMM adventures were developed internally.

FrankHorrigan

Liturgist
Whipporowill said:
Jebus said:

Common posting courtesy to link to the frontpage as well as to the report mentioned.

As for a Kotor 3 team even existing. WTF? Where they thinking of doing it IN-house or what? Maybe we should be happy it was canned - I can't remember when Lucasarts did something I found worth playing.

Grim Fandango, X Wing, Tie fighter, Sam n Max, Dark Forces, Indy Jones etc etc :?:

Anonymous

LucasArts fucking sucks now, though. Cancelling Sam and Max 2 made me hate them.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Role-Player said:
Jebus said:

...They usually do this, its a guideline they have to link to both the article and the main site where the article is from.

Silliness.

Anyway, LucasArts is a force that must be stopped.

Jebus

Novice
Exitium said:
Role-Player said:
Jebus said:

Silliness.

Yeah, but then doesn't one usually just add "Spotted at ..." at the bottom of his newpost, instead of hyperlinking all through your text?

Anyway: :roll:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Hyperlinks are just too gosh-darned hard to handle now? Wowsers!?

Jebus

Novice
DarkUnderlord said:
Hyperlinks are just too gosh-darned hard to handle now? Wowsers!?

They are if you're colorblind and have major difficulties seeing light grey from dark grey...

But anyway: :roll:

Spazmo

Erudite
Spotted at would be if, for instance, he'd heard about this news item at GameSpot on Blue's News. It'd be kinda redundant to say that he spotted a GameSpot article at GameSpot.

Whipporowill

Erudite
Yeah. I hold the OLD lucasarts games close to my heart - but as I said, I can't remember when they LAST did something wortwhile. *cough*

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom