Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Just RPG recommends ADOM

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Ancient Domains of Mystery

<a href=http://www.just-rpg.com>Just RPG</a> posted a <a href=http://www.just-rpg.com/default.asp?pid=943>review</a> of <a href=http://www.adom.de>ADOM</a> - <i>Ancient Domains of Mystery</i>, one of the best rogue-like games out there.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>ADOM is possibly the most complex of all roguelikes. You start the game by creating a character. You can choose between many classic fantasy races, and an incredible number of professions (including original ones such as Farmer and Blacksmith). Unlike other games, however, where your choices have little impact on the way the game is played, your choices in ADOM will transform the entire playing experience. Not only will you have different skills and stats - you will also gain different unique abilities as your character progresses. An Elementalist, for example, will become resistant to fire, while another character might learn how to perform a special attack, or be seen as a friend by animals, or be immune to the weather, or something completely different. I think this description should give you an idea of just how deep the game is.
<br>
<br>
Finally, there are those who will be turned off by the lack of graphics. To those I can only say, you'll be sorry if you don't try it. After playing a game for a while, you cease to see the graphics, and only see their meaning. In the end, a tunnel in Morrowind is not much different from one in ADOM. </blockquote> Damn right! I usually start looking at graphics only when gameplay gets boring

EEVIAC

Erudite
Just RPG said:
In the end, a tunnel in Morrowind is not much different from one in ADOM.

That's a fair summary of the state of games in general - all we get is old ideas with better graphics. Games aren't really becoming that much more interactive. Until we're given options to climb, write our name into the side of, or cut down a tree (better still, burn down entire forests,) the beautifully modelled, twisting oak may as well be a ^ , for all the good it does us.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
VD, is that why you noticed how great TOEE's graphics are accoridng to you? 'Casue the gameplay is boring? Ooo.. Gotta ya there..

P.S. Yeha, yeah, you got the technical defense of the word 'usully' but oh well.. :lol:

P.S.S. I also agree with llama. MW looked fugly. :(

Vault Dweller

Developer
Volourn said:
VD, is that why you noticed how great TOEE's graphics are accoridng to you? 'Casue the gameplay is boring? Ooo.. Gotta ya there..

P.S. Yeha, yeah, you got the technical defense of the word 'usully' but oh well.. :lol:
Hehe, nice try, Volourn, but I stated many times that Hommlet was extremely boring and that gave me a chance to admire the character models.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Ahh.. But you specifically said gameplay which you usually say TOEE's is awesome yet you also admire its graphics. Weird... Just be careful. That was close to a total slip up. You just missed the banana peel by an inch, You have been warned. :lol:

Vault Dweller

Developer
Well, you gotta admit it was a nice save though, I didn't even have to use "usually" to win on technicality :lol:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Aye, like I said. You survived.. this time. I will get you yet. Muahahaha!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom