Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Digital News loves NWN OC

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Neverwinter Nights

<a href=http://www.dignews.com>Digital Entertainment News</a> realized that they didn't review <a href=http://nwn.bioware.com>Neverwinter Nights</a> and decided to <a href=http://www.dignews.com/review.php?story_id=1766>correct</a> that. They gave it <b>8.7</b> because <i>the 60-hour campaign is better than many of the Baldur’s Gate titles that provided the game engine for Neverwinter Nights</i> noting that <i>Aurora Toolset still requires some scripting knowledge of user</i>.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>What makes Neverwinter Nights so appealing is the visual upgrade from the original Baldur’s Gate engine and how well the game retains the turn-based feel of the original pencil-and-dice Dungeons and Dragons game off which it is based</blockquote>
<br>
* makes a note to send Digital News a cluepon
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>What’s nice about the NN engine is that if you ever feel overwhelmed by an onslaught of enemies, all you need to do is hit the space bar on your keyboard; this pauses the game and allows you to enter into a cache your turn-based commands for each character. Once satisfied with your strategy, hit the space bar again and watch to see if your strategy worked. It’s a smart system with a lot of flexibility to satisfy a variety of gaming tastes.</blockquote>
<br>
Turn-based commands? I haven't heard this one before. Good one.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote> The 60-hour official campaign in Neverwinter Nights is one of the best-realized stories BioWare has produced under the AD&D license since they debuted Baldur’s Gate itself. And yet the game is not linear; if you want to attack a central character, you can, although unless you’re at Level 30 or so, you’ll probably just get smacked down in short order, die and earn a “Load Game” screen.</blockquote>
<br>
One word: Huh?
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

EEVIAC

Erudite
:shock: Stand back Game Banshee and Gamer's Hell - a new challenger has arrived!!!

Unlike the Baldur’s Gate bastardization that showed up on PS2, where the game was intentionally “dumbed down” by BioWare to be nothing more than a brainless Gauntlet clone,

Er, Bioware did what?

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Both the reviewer and the review are those prime examples of how one should be planted on a public square and have rotten vegetables thrown at them. Or stones, whatever floats your boat.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I'm just curious, why do most reviewers feel the need to bring up the TB thing? If they honestly believe that RT is da shit then who cares if a game has TB feel, or basically TB, or has TB mechanics under some slick RT interface, or features TB commands?

Transcendent One

Liturgist
Like no offense to the reviewer, actually that's a lie, fuck you, you fucking moron, but even most of the sane people who like NWN as a product admit that the OC sucks.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
And even those who are delusional enough to like it aren't that delusional. :wink:

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Fuckin' a. Was this idiot born in a dumpster? Because he sure as hell doesn't belong in society. At least not the society I want to live in.

Once again, yet another individual has presented to the world an argument for retroactive abortion. Himself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom