Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Awesome Gaming Poster (Russian)

EvoG

Erudite
Gaming Poster

Feels a bit lilke a Sergio Argones, and whats fun about it is how easy it is to recognize the iconic characters. They run the gamut of gaming genres including older adventures and rpg's, all the way to more modern ones.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Wow, that is pretty awesome, thanks :)

edit- Morte is in the picture! ha awesome
at least, I think it's morte. I can't think of any skull characters

BG&E chars are there too :D

can someone translate some of the text for me? purty please?

hee hee, I see Full Throttle and Grim Fandango mentioned, and Fallout

EvoG

Erudite
Yea thats what sold me on the image...its pretty robust representation of gaming from like the past 25 or so years, across all platforms. :D

I mean wow, they have whats-his-face (main character) from Origins Bioforge and whats-his-name from Crusader.

Space Quest, Fallout, Legend of Kyrandia, PacMan (duh)...and yea, I love all manner of bouncing heads represent'in... :D

Fez

Erudite
I'm surprised how many of these I recognized. Neato poster.

EvoG

Erudite
...also, I'm going to wager that the four-headed character on the second to last line (green tunic and sword) is supposed to represent old school party based gaming?

Commandos in the foxhole with Snake...

Wing Commander with the Kilrathi standing toe to toe with that guy with the cat behind his back?

Ha! Out of this World swing in the cage at the very bottom right! (sorry for the edits...I recognize pretty much all of them, but I'm trying to hunt for the real obscure shit)

EvoG

Erudite
I love that there's the right-click game interface above Ben (Full Throttle), and the little Myst rocketship, though can you believe I never played that game ever...

Sirbolt

Liturgist
Ah, the fourheaded guy is party based gaming!

And Roger Wilco, Simon the Sorcerer, that guy from Blood, agent 47, Guybrush, and a lot fucking more. I like how Ben from Full Throttle is beating up that guy from GTA 3 for stealing the wheel to his bike! Excellent picture!

Sovy Kurosei

Erudite
The only Russian in there I can make out is "Vegas".

Heh, the one of Kane and his tiberium got the biggest chuckle out of me.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I see Sarge from Quake 3 and one of the guys from Ut2k4 stealing flags, heh. And an alien with the X-Com globe. I see the stupid armor from Silent Storm.

I like how he has both versions of the Doom Lost Soul. The original is just so much cooler.

Haha, Rincewind and the walking chest. I wonder what they are doing there? There were those two discworld adventure games, I suppose. Maybe I ought to play them. I remember I couldn't get any sound with DosBox :S.

Is that the guy from Thief, stealing the painting away from the the Silent Hill pyramid head and Alice? (I don't recognize the third).

JoeDirt

Scholar
kingcomrade said:
I see Sarge from Quake 3 and one of the guys from Ut2k4 stealing flags, heh. And an alien with the X-Com globe. I see the stupid armor from Silent Storm.

I like how he has both versions of the Doom Lost Soul. The original is just so much cooler.

Haha, Rincewind and the walking chest. I wonder what they are doing there? There were those two discworld adventure games, I suppose. Maybe I ought to play them. I remember I couldn't get any sound with DosBox :S.

Is that the guy from Thief, stealing the painting away from the the Silent Hill pyramid head and Alice? (I don't recognize the third).

I know one of them was ported to PS1. Try downloading the PS1 game ISO.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I just realized what the person hanging from the monster that the Quake guy is killing is. It's that chick from Murder Death Kill (MDK) with the gun on her face.

Sirbolt

Liturgist
Is that detective with the magnifying glass, by the wanted poster, the guy from Discworld Noir?

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Thats not Rincewind, thats Simon the Sorcerer being followed by Rincewind's luggage

Sirbolt

Liturgist
I like the absolutely spot on prince from Prince of Persia. That's EXACTLY how i remember that bastard. Who'se the guy with his pants on fire? And why is there three avatars chasing him with a fire hose?

Fez

Erudite
I liked the STALKER one of the guy carrying around a huge pile of nuts and bolts, as he has an infinite supply to throw in the game. There's the pile of bodies with a DOW orc and a green diamond I think is representing the sims in there too.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I thought that too.

A few I can't place, the guy juggling, the woman in front of that line, the two on the right in Larrys harem, the woman shooting at Max Payne, the guy holding the cat. And whats with all the windup elephants.

Is the guy with all the nuts and bolts STALKER?

I like Frogger

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
The logo says 2005, is this picture more recent, then? I thought Stalker just came out this year.

Yeah I can't place a lot of them. I do see Leisure Suit Larry but I can't tell if the women around him are supposed to be specific, besides the Tomb Raider, or what.

Fez

Erudite
The women on the right that I know are Lula, the woman from NOLF and Lara Croft, I don't know the purple one. The guy shooting at Max Payne is from the Matrix game, so it's a joke about the two using bullet time. The nuts and bolts guy is from STALKER.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom