Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Afterfall creators answer all your questions

Globbi

Augur
"First of all I'd like to thank you for all your support. Here's the thread, where you can post all your questions about Afterfall, state of production, our future and plans. I'll answer to chosen questions when our site will be updated. I'll try to answer to all of them.
I hope it will be transformed into big kind of interview (Afterfall Dev Team <-> Community)

Thank you in advance for all your questions (I'll answer to all questions about the future & our plans in first place).
Please ask direct and well expressed questions. I won't be able to answer to other."

Andrzej "Intoxicate" Koloska

Intoxicate Interactive is willing to answer all questions of everyone interested in the project. The answers are going to be published as an interwiev. I also encourage you to get familiar with the material on the Afterfall hompage. (personally I love some of the soundtracks available for download :P)

OsirisGod

Liturgist
Well i asked in the other thread , i read your info and i liked it , Question again: Will you sell out if you sign with a publisher?

Monolith

Prophet
Found something interesting on a Polish game developer forum: http://forum.gamedev.pl/index.php/topic,1015.0.html

That's your job offer for coders. The thing that is bugging me: "Chcialbym osoby ktore beda wspolpracowac na dluzsza mete - pozniej przy pelnej wersji gry i innych grach na konsole."

Roughly translated and summarized: They want somebody to work in the long term. On the full version of Afterfall and other console games.

My questions:
Is it my limited understanding of the Polish language or are you really referring to Afterfall as a console game?

And besides Afterfall, do you intend to make console games?

Globbi

Augur
Just one word, a lot of confusion :P The topic is very old but i think the decision about console ports hasn't been made yet. From what i know it's prepared on pc on the first place. Let's see what the devs will say, i'm waiting for answers to a lot of question but it's going to be in like 10 days.

Kraszu

Prophet
Maybe that is part of desperate searching for publisher, they want to sell commercial space on teddy bears and things like that in game.

Lord Chambers

Erudite
I assumed this was the latest in the series of UFO: Aftermath/Aftershock/whatever. I'm less interested now.

Higher Game

Arcane
Any chance of digital distribution? I never go to stores for games, and I think ordering and waiting for a CD/DVD to come in is ridiculous.

franc kaos

Liturgist
If everything on the website makes it into the game then I'm pretty sure this is gonna be the cRPG of the century.

Choice of views
Best graphics
Interrelationships on NPCs
Choice & Consequence
Realistic health
Upgrades that can backfire
Brilliant looking game engine
Moddable
Brilliant sounding lore system being put in place
Sneaking, diplomacy and/or fighting all being valid choices for the player...

In fact, it sounds to good to be true; is it a windup? I know it's not April 1st, but some parodies are just becoming too clever these days... I hope this game is completed with all it's promises...

Question: Are you gonna get a better English translator? because some of the sentences on your website are somewhat jarring. It's good, but it could be better.

Here's hoping it comes out before Bethesda's Fallout3. Good luck and God speed.

EDIT: I'm gonna get flamed for this, but why no RealTime with Pause rather than Action/Movement points - for me that's just too old school and other players might feel the same. Perhaps a choice?

Tekar

Novice
13. Will there be something like languages in the game (after all, there are many countries in Europe)?

Traveling the vast world of Afterfall, the PC will encounter many people who will use different languages. To communicate with them the PC will have to know at least the basics of a specified language.
Yeah right, in order to avoid having to eat my shoe if they do succeed I will just state that I'll be very surprised if this would really make it in the game.

OsirisGod

Liturgist
Yeah right, in order to avoid having to eat my shoe if they do succeed I will just state that I'll be very surprised if this would really make it in the game.

It works in WoW , it's not like that feature is the most ground breaking ever thought nor is it that difficult to code , but as franc kaos pointed out allready if this game does make it, it might as well be the best game ever made considering the feature lists on their website.

franc kaos said:
EDIT: I'm gonna get flamed for this, but why no RealTime with Pause rather than Action/Movement points - for me that's just too old school and other players might feel the same. Perhaps a choice?

I'm not going to flame you but this is a subjective point of view, no need to discuss this, i like turn based you like real time, we both have the right to like what we like, a realtime - turn based hybrid doesn't seem to sexy for me on a Falloutish system but if they could pull that off that would be even better.

Augustus

Novice
"Chcialbym osoby ktore beda wspolpracowac na dluzsza mete - pozniej przy pelnej wersji gry i innych grach na konsole."
actually it should be:
"Chcialbym osoby ktore beda wspolpracowac na dluzsza mete - pozniej przy pelnej wersji gry i innych grach także na konsole."
which means "also for consoles"
Bug will be fixed.

Afterfall ig going to be a game for Windows and Lixux systems. It it also possible that we will make version for Xbox 360 and/or PS3, but that decision wont influence the shape of normal, PC, version.

I assumed this was the latest in the series of UFO: Aftermath/Aftershock/whatever. I'm less interested now.
ok... we gonna change the title to "Afterdinner"

franc kaos: I thing graphics wouldnt be that good after next year of development.

EDIT:

In the name of the Core Team we would like to announce that the process of gathering questions for the Afterfall F.A.Q will be over tonight at 24:00 GMT +1. Thank you for your questions and intrest in Afterfall. At the moment we are already working on combining the materials from the Polish Community, RPG Codex and NMA in order to make one big comprehansive F.A.Q. The material should ready in 2-3 days and will be available for viewing on the website as well as in pdf format as a info book.
Intoxicate, Augustus, Talanar, Tweety
Thank you for you time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom