Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Play Rise of Legends on Friday!

Jason

chasing a bee
<strong>[ Game -> Demo ]</strong>

<p>The demo for Rise of Legends is coming to you this Friday at 9 AM PST. You'll get to try out a single-player section of this sexy looking RTS from <a title="Big Huge Games" target="_self" href="http://www.bighugegames.com/">Big Huge Games</a> and find out if the hype has been wasted or not. Keep in mind, however, that this isn't the final build so there's bound to be bugs and nasty loading times.</p><p>Get it at <a title="Gamespot" target="_self" href="http://www.gamespot.com/promos/2006/riseofnationsriseoflegends-demo/">Gamespot</a>. </p><p>Spotted @ <a href="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blues News</a></p>

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
What's up with Gamespot and this queer little countdown thingies? They're really starting to tick me off.

But yeah, I'll get the demo 'cause hey, steampunk.

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
The entire setting is steampunkish, with the whole magick vs. technology thingy.

I'm also interested in it because I heard neato things about Rise of Nations, but I never got a chance to play it myself. seeing how it moves past the traditional RTS setting (stone age to modern tech) and into a much cooler one, I'll try this one instead.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Rise of Nations was fairly mediocre. It had a lot of cool stuff like national borders and ways of handling unit costs, and it kept me occupied for a while, but it's really not as good as its hyped and fanboyed to be. The modern eras in that game truly sucked, I usually set the cap at the Reniassance era (whatever it was called). It was pretty cool how, when you set the caps, it would adjust the technologies in the tech tree (expanding and reducing the number of era-specific techs) to match. Wouldn't make any sense to have the research tech be "Supercomputers" when you're playing Stone Age to Medieval Age.

Susan's twin

Novice
Rise of Nations est un joyeux de terrible, j'avante.
tard.gif

Jason

chasing a bee
Why would they want to put out something that casts a negative light on their product when they have something better? And why should we trust "PC Junkie"?

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
The Jews are using their mind control sattelites on them. See, the financial failure of Rise of Legends will put into motion a complex series of events which will lead to the ascendancy of the Elders of Zion who send The Chosen One off to fight Agent Smith and save the human race.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom