Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SO Codex ppl... Still hatin on OB?

Xaziv

Novice
Now that some of you have played OB are you still complaining about OB? I think you all have been wrong and im in fact laughing at everyone who wont play this game because of what they read on RPGCodex at this very moment.
You guys are missing out.

Xaziv

Novice
I take it you havent played it yet than? That is all I was asking. Want to hear some impressions from people who had thought negatively of it.

Lumpy

Arcane
Fuck you, moron. Nobody here played Oblivion. And they will still dislike it even after playing it.
I love it how the "You haven't played it yet" argument is often used, but only against critics.

Lumpy

Arcane
Xaziv said:
I take it you havent played it yet than? That is all I was asking. Want to hear some impressions from people who had thought negatively of it.
Well you will. Stop spamming. Use an existing thread if you must post.

Lumpy

Arcane
Xaziv, all the people here expected such reviews, similar to the ones for Morrowind. That didn't keep them from disliking Morrowind though.
Reviewers write for the mainstream audience. These guys are RPGers who will not necessarily like a game that has good reviews because it's a good mainstream game.

Lumpy

Arcane
Xaziv said:
what if you like it?
They might like it. They hope to like it. The information shows that it's not a good game for them though.

whitemithrandir

Erudite
Wow, this thread totally changed my views on Oblivion.

I love Oblivion now. Thanks Xaziv, you fucking asshole.

Rendelius

Liturgist
Xaziv said:
what if you like it?

They won't like it here. Period. They decided not to like it a long time ago, and nothing will shatter their standpoint, even if the game grants them girlfriends

TotS

Novice
Xaziv said:
Now that some of you have played OB are you still complaining about OB? I think you all have been wrong and im in fact laughing at everyone who wont play this game because of what they read on RPGCodex at this very moment.
You guys are missing out.

Drakron

Arcane
Rendelius said:
They won't like it here. Period. They decided not to like it a long time ago, and nothing will shatter their standpoint, even if the game grants them girlfriends

Its a viewpoint based on a general viewpoint of development and design.

Oblivion is simply not within that viewpoint, even if we "like" Oblivion we still going to use it as a example of what we see wrong with RPGs and the current line of development.

I liked KotOR but it did not stop me from seeing the flaws in that game and also that large parts of it are also outside the Codex viewpoint.

tes4isgreat

Novice
Har har, you hear that codex morons? You've been completely wrong, you fucktards, and I'm laughing at your total idiocy... haharhahar!!

whitemithrandir

Erudite
tes4isgreat said:
Har har, you hear that codex morons? You've been completely wrong, you fucktards, and I'm laughing at your total idiocy... haharhahar!!

YOU ARE CORRECT YOU FUCKTARD MORON!!! THANK YOU FOR SHOWING ME THE ERROR OF MY WAYS SHITEATING DICKFACE!! EL OH EL!!!

HardCode

Erudite
tes4isgreat said:

Ladies and Gentlemen! I present to you the Bethesda Target Audience for Oblivion!

Pr()ZaC

Scholar
Rendelius said:
Xaziv said:
what if you like it?

If you're NOT joking, then you're on crack, Rendelius.

Rendelius

Liturgist
Drakron said:
Rendelius said:

Its a viewpoint based on a general viewpoint of development and design.

Oblivion is simply not within that viewpoint, even if we "like" Oblivion we still going to use it as a example of what we see wrong with RPGs and the current line of development.

I liked KotOR but it did not stop me from seeing the flaws in that game and also that large parts of it are also outside the Codex viewpoint.

Forgive me, so you decide not to like a game because it doesn't fit your general viewpoint of development and design?

Sorry, that sounds older than my grandpa (and he's already dead). That's more doctrinistic than a meeting of the radical marxistic party :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom