Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

OBLIVION GERMAN VIDEO!!!

pantoufle

Novice
Gease...!!! There you go!!!

Enjoy!!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9QC70N2M

Its the dvd rip, I've picked the link from teamxbox forum. Anyway, there you go! BTW, if you can't play this video, just get VLC player.

have a good day brothers! ;o)

Lumpy

Arcane
Flying goblins! WHEEE!!!
We've already seen 100+ screenshots from the movie.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
pantoufle said:
have a good day brothers! ;o)
Uh, yo, like. Thanks, White Supremacist Brother! Heil that moustasched little fuck and have a good shit.

I would download this but MegaUpload is just too crappy in terms of connection and pretty much anything else. I take it's the pictures hyperboy posted, only moving this time?

Fintilgin

Educated
The Video said:
Haben im gruten krogenschattel verbotten en gruber von grotten specklustrunenvortenscpheckberg der OBLIVION kein en der hokenstutter bergrutenvager von flegerstein volkstonger der PATRICK STEWERT meklesproket kon ubergronvotengsgrotter hoklensputtenmokterspag der honnen en grotten en sporkenvortten en der helkemderspakenvader und un verspak mutter von korpdek der GRAPHIC ENGINE oktoberfest mon spergen und der flottensperger das boot von der hindenberg und der HAVOK PHYSICS und speklvorter morbenvorberdatspunleibenrusanderkorgenvlatser der uben sputser motsenberg!

Look preaty though! :D

Fresh

Erudite
I'll just repost this over here also:

Here's another page where you can view the video: http://youtube.com/w/Oblivion?v=7srHUGN ... h=oblivion

It's really a must see. Go get it right now.

ALLES IST MÖGLICH IN OBLIVION!!!!!

This will have everyone complaining alot so I'll focus on the positives (not necessarily rpg-wise, but at least "fun-wise") just to be different.

1. For example just in the beginning of the video there a nice gore effect when hitting a orc (?) in the head. There's also bloods on the foe's sword which is a nice little detail. EDIT: Now that I watch the dl:ed vid with better quality I see that the gore-effect is just the torch. Doh. I want gore damnit.

2. It's nice to see that Bethesda doing their part in reaching out to the gay community with this game. Just listen to this guy: http://xs65.xs.to/pics/06044/obl-pcgvid-062.jpg

3. The sound seems pretty nice overall, at least in this vid.

4. The view distance in the scene with the Imperial City is great.

Sabregirl

Scholar
Looks even more like an FPS once you see it in motion, combat looks interesting, similar to mount and Blade's. But yeah the elf dude's voice . . .

Do we have any idea how old the build is in this video? The beast race's tails were STATIC as heck I thought I saw a Dev say they were HAVOKed somewhere . . . .

I think the exploding on impact effect is going to get old rather quickly - a slight tap from a fire blade and the critter flies straight up in the air? I can understand that coming from the staff-RPG but every twinge of magical damage? Just seems like its physics gone insane.

-S

Fresh

Erudite
Sabregirl said:
I think the exploding on impact effect is going to get old rather quickly - a slight tap from a fire blade and the critter flies straight up in the air? I can understand that coming from the staff-RPG but every twinge of magical damage? Just seems like its physics gone insane.

-S

Aye, I agree. The swrod-thing was just weird/lame. Maybe it was a super-uber-sword?

EDIT: I hear that this build is apperently from DECEMBER. Someone pointed to this thread: http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/inde ... 224781&hl=

"That build was not a very good build for a variety of reasons, but it's what we had to go with. The press were told that before they played the game. If they chose to ignore or not believe the warning, that's their call. But we (meaning I) was very upfront about it." / Pete

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
MEIN KAPUT VERDEFSCHEN MACHEN REPUSCHTEN SCHNELL KEIN DANKE SCHEADERESSENKAMPUFTKCHEN!!!! DEIN BLINCHENLEIGCHESEN!!@~@

in Polish:

scywycasjeywsj swciswewcwij wcwiaesciw!! wjedjywcseps!!

Tintin

Arbiter
And so me trying to discover why Oblivions graphics are apparently bad continues.....

Whipporowill

Erudite
I have a bunch of friends over for some boardgames and decided to play the video. Some spontaneous laughter erupted over the supposedly gay Sri Lankan elf and the elfish crossdresser in armor. Also heard that Kathode apparently said that object shadows won't be supported... eeeh? How's that for gimpage?

Human Shield

Augur
Same hand gestures for males and females, hold elbow and wave hand around.

Patrick Stewart's voice didn't sound right on the model.

Attacking while moving for the NPC's looked really stupid. The upper body moves independant of the lower, they swing like girls.

!HyPeRbOy! said:
OMG, the gay guy is hilarious. He might just be one of the best NPCs in a video game ever. "I'll make it worth your whiiile!" HAHA :lol:

LOL, I know.

"Can't talk here, too public. Don't let anyone fellow...... I want to pay you for sex!"

SanguinePenguin

Scholar
I wonder if the characters will still look like they're having a seizure everytime they move from rest or change directions. The soldier at the end looked like he blinked in and out of existence for half a second.

Blacklung

Arbiter
The geological, topographical, theological pancake
As if the Wood Elve men reallly sound any less silly than they were in MW. "MMmhmmyesss Dunmer." :lol:

Anyhow, wow, the combat is looking much faster in those videos. Very twitchy indeed, though I can't say I'm turned off by it (been playing FPS's since I was a child), but I can see how some others would be. However, I do have to say it sounds like they did a fairly good job on the sound effects and the jostling of the vision with strikes and such. It was a bit strange though with the one woman who was talking and kept waving her arm back and forth in a very akward manner. Can't say much for the flying goblins...I guess if we can't have gore Hyperboy, this is the next best thing?

On that note. Bethesda, schnell mit diese Spiel, ja?

Master Thief

Scholar
Whipporowill said:
I have a bunch of friends over for some boardgames and decided to play the video. Some spontaneous laughter erupted over the supposedly gay Sri Lankan elf and the elfish crossdresser in armor. Also heard that Kathode apparently said that object shadows won't be supported... eeeh? How's that for gimpage?
Maybe your friends were laughing at you showing them such a crap video.

The Wood Elf is not that bad. Hes supposed to be a stealthy, sneaky character. A thief.

This is Gay

Hes not supposed to be warrior with a gruff scratchy voice like Vin Diesel.

What board games are you playing with your friends?
Strip Monopoly?

LlamaGod

Cipher
the combat looks all button smash fest

like I figured, it aint got shit on mount and blade

Whipporowill

Erudite
Master Thief said:
Maybe your friends were laughing at you showing them such a crap video.[/URL]

Hayy tharr. What's with the aggression? They laughed at his ridicoulus voice acting and silly appearance - it's not like I had to ask them to laugh.

Master Thief said:
The Wood Elf is not that bad. Hes supposed to be a stealthy, sneaky character. A thief.

But "she" is a man with boobs and looks like she's been a pro boxer.

Master Thief said:
What board games are you playing with your friends?
Strip Monopoly?

Hey, cool - there's a strip monopoly? We we're playing a Game of Thrones.

Master Thief

Scholar
Whipporowill said:
Master Thief said:
Maybe your friends were laughing at you showing them such a crap video.[/URL]

Hayy tharr. What's with the aggression?

I believe in appropriate criticism.
Not juvenile fingerpointing."Tee hee hee, look at the gay elf".
Voice acting is not that easy. Could you have done a better job?

Now his face on the other hand is but ugly but maybe thats a good sign.
Instead of cookie cutter clones, maybe there will be a huge variety of the appearances of NPCs which can't be bad.

Lord Chambers

Erudite
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say there are people impressed by the video, but unwilling to say so since this is the RPG Codex.

At least that's the case with me.

raziel014

Novice
Did anyone notice that there aren't any shadows anymore? Only on NPC, so there won't be anymore shadoes from the ribcage and the chain as seen in the E3 video..

Terrible..And the beast races really look terrible!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom