Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KOTOR 2 review...

Lemon

Arcane
Thanks for doing the write up :) Appears I'm putting down some change for the PC release.

NeverwinterKnight

Liturgist
i agree with pretty much most of what the original poster commented on.

the only disappointment i have with the game is the lack of difficulty, especially the endbosses.

i guess i was also one of the lucky ones that never ran in to any game stopping bugs so the technical issues werent really a problem for me.

oh yeah, and the ending was a bit sub-par and....unsatisfying. but otherwise, the rest of the game was good and a good sequel to kotor1.

errorcode

Liturgist
go for it. Just lemme know how folks react to it.

I'm still waiting for the Volourn review when it hits PC....that should be a hoot.

AZ

Liturgist
My biggest problem whit KoTOR was that I had to be uber good, or uber evil. I couldn't play as a neutral charter. Like a guy who just want to suevive (chaotic neutral), or the old jedi who joins you in the game (something like true nutral). Is it the same in this aspect?

errorcode

Liturgist
playing neutral cuts you from one party member and from the prestige classes. The only real thing i found that was an advantage was that there is an item that responds to you and has special aspects if you're true neutral.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Volourn writing a review? Can't wait! ^_^"

Volourn's Mini Review: *barf*

bryce777

Erudite
AZ said:
My biggest problem whit KoTOR was that I had to be uber good, or uber evil. I couldn't play as a neutral charter. Like a guy who just want to suevive (chaotic neutral), or the old jedi who joins you in the game (something like true nutral). Is it the same in this aspect?

"How did it happen? Did their filthy neutrality seep into your heart?"

Eh...the neutral side of the force?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"man, you've played like 10 minutes of it."

Man, I've played 2 and a half hours of it though I was trying to play it for like 6 hours total.

R00fles!

errorcode

Liturgist
from what you had posted elsewhere it sounded like you'd only played like 10-15 minutes into it.

NeverwinterKnight

Liturgist
errorcode said:
another reason i enjoy my Xbox.

another reason it looks like ill be waiting for a patch or two to be released before picking it up in the bargain bin.

although i did play the xbox version 3 times through and had no game stoppers or crashes whatsoever.

errorcode

Liturgist
me neither. I only had one hard-lock, but it was from me doing something kinda bone-headed.

On Dxun, after having the Mandalorian challenge me and telling him we could kill the Zankag together, i proceeded to run straight through the trails aggroing all of the creatures. After getting most of the jungle pissed at me the game hard-locked. I think it was a combonation of me having left the game running for a couple days and also over-flowing the games AI buffer.

Other than that, i just ran into a couple irritation - but not game stopping - issues.

RV

Novice
KOTOR 1 used to tell me which powers I had activated.

The side stories with other people on the Ebon Hawk appear to be difficult to unlock.

Why is itso hard to buy a droid repair kit? You collect all that money and not many good items to purchase. I do like the drop.

In the first game I had the option to kill Juhani, leave Zalbaar on the Wookie homeworld and such. I can't leave Atton in his cell, kill Visas, or the Handmaiden. I would leave Kreia in the morgue if that were an option.

When I set Kreia's armor to none she's still wearing Jedi Robes. Visas says its her life for mine, yet she won't wear the dancer's costume, maybe that's because of all the lost influence.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom