Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

BG2 Quest Pack Released

jcompton

Novice
Quest Pack for Baldur's Gate 2 has been released!

- Exciting new adventures!
- New and extensive dialogue, with voicing!
- Add new dimensions to popular existing quests!
- Unique and dangerous opponents!
- Treachery and intrigue!

Quest Pack v1 contains a number of components designed to add additional high-quality adventures throughout Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn. It should work correctly with or without the Throne of Bhaal expansion. WeiDU is used to handle installation and uninstallation.
Some components may expand on existing quests, while others may be completely new. All are independent, can be installed separately and do not rely on one another technically or in terms of story.
The mod currently consists of five components, listed below. Additional quests and encounters will be added in subsequent releases.

For further information and download links, head over to:
http://www.pocketplane.net/quest/

The support forum can be found at:
http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?board=21.0

The components included in this release are as follows:

Additional Shadow Thieves Content
Alternative Xzar/Harpers Plot
Extended Reynald Sequence
Money Lending and Debt Problems
Miscellaneous Encounters

Voss

Erudite
Given all the loot and cash in BG2, I can't even imagine why you'd need to add a money lender.
Its like Bill the Gates wanting to bum a 20 off of someone.

Eclecticist

Liturgist
I didn't enjoy that other BG2 fan expansion I played years ago (the one with 100 new kits and spelling mistakes/inconsistencies at every right turn), so I doubt I'd like this one.

All those features are well and good - but tell me this; did you spell check the fucking thing?

Transcendent One

Liturgist
Mods are poison for fun. The original game is such a nice little package. No need to attach unbalanced, buggy, and boring mods. I've played soubar and darkest day, and both sucked ass. Dialogs more forced than the actual game. Nah, go away jcompton.

Monte Carlo

Liturgist
Some of the knuckleheads on this forum are so fucking predictable.

Compton created Kelsey, a mod NPC that's twice as good as most of the Bioware ones. He's one of the people in the BG2 modding community you can actually trust. The Pocket Plane group is about as far as you can get from the uber-munchkins who come up with stuff like "The Darkest Day."

I know the Codex is meant to be a mosh-pit, but honestly some of the arseholes here really do a set a new standard. It's like half of you are trying to parody yourselves. Or something.

Thanks for the heads up, anyway, Compton.

Cheers
MC

I'm still jenny from the block,
I'm still,
I used to have a clitoris, but now I have a cock...

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Monte Carlo said:
Some of the knuckleheads on this forum are so fucking predictable.

Compton created Kelsey, a mod NPC that's twice as good as most of the Bioware ones. He's one of the people in the BG2 modding community you can actually trust. The Pocket Plane group is about as far as you can get from the uber-munchkins who come up with stuff like "The Darkest Day."

I know the Codex is meant to be a mosh-pit, but honestly some of the arseholes here really do a set a new standard. It's like half of you are trying to parody yourselves. Or something.

Thanks for the heads up, anyway, Compton.

I'd say the reactions would be a little more favorable if the author didn't just do the drive-by advertising thing once every few months. Most people don't really like drive-by advertising on forums, and tend to have a negative initial reaction to them. They're about like spam emails, ultimately self serving. Compton's made three posts on here, and all three of them are drive-by advertisements.

It'd be a lot different if he got on here and talked about what he thought made a good NPC for the game, or good quest design, THEN advertised it.

jcompton

Novice
Saint_Proverbius said:
It'd be a lot different if he got on here and talked about what he thought made a good NPC for the game, or good quest design, THEN advertised it.

Point taken. I will be sure to get in the mix before I mention anything else we get out the door.

Thanks to those of you with kind words.

As to the rest of the conversation: yes, spell checking and generally avoiding putting out anything that looks like TDD and Soubar are very high on our list of priorities, I assure you. We're well aware that there are still people out there who, unfortunately, consider them the standard. They are increasingly becoming more the exception than the rule, however.

Whipporowill

Erudite
StraitLacedDeviant said:
I'm still,
I used to have a clitoris, but now I have a cock...

You don't even have to change it to make it incur san loss.

Don't be shocked by the rocks that I got
I'm still Jenny from the block. :shock:

Oh, and what Saint said. I dunno, we might even post it as news if he asked us or something? Unless someone would beat me for it.

jcompton

Novice
I can't remember offhand if anybody is working seriously on a pure cleric. One of the "problems" from a powergaming standpoint is that there's virtually no downside to taking Anomen as a primary cleric, and his fighter levels make him vastly more flexible to boot--and for those who don't dig Anomen, Viconia is a pure cleric. Plenty of story reasons you could create one, of course, but given that aside from exploding undead pure clerics don't have a real strong role in BG2 thanks to all the regen items and potions given away like candy, I think people have tended to focus their energy elsewhere...

http://www.pocketplane.net/keto will also work, BTW. Thanks for the mention.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom