Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

OMG COUNTDOWN TO SUPER AWESOME F03 TRAILAR

Fez

Erudite
Fileshack is the same. It's an hour or more wait there.

Fez

Erudite
I'm downloading the HD version now. It won't be long before I know whether I'd be happier with a hundred meg of goatsecx.

Fez

Erudite
Some comments from Pete Hines, Bethesda's PR-in-chief:

1) Yes, that's in-engine (in-engine means it's done with game assets in our rendering engine, but isn't done real-time. If it was done in real-time, that'd be gameplay footage. This isn't something, for example, that was sent to some house [e.g. Blue Studios] so they could build assets and render it out, and create something for us to release [e.g. Dawn of War 40K intro cinematic]).
2) Yes, that's The Ink Spots singing "I Don't Want to Set the World On Fire"
3) Yes, that's Ron Perlman [voiceover man extraordinaire of Fallout 1 and 2].

KreideBein

Scholar
They could have saved everyone a lot of trouble and just made an announcement saying that it'll be coming out in Fall '08. The trailer doesn't show anything of any real substance.

Data4

Arcane
Closeup of a retro-style radio. Inkspots start playing. View pans and zooms out to show the innards of a blasted out bus. View continues to pan out and shows the remains of the Washington Monument and the guy in the suit (Yes, I'm a fucktard who never played FO1 or 2, so I don't know the name of it) looking around. Cue Ron Perlman "War. War never changes". Cue title, which blends into Fall 2008 (so we know the game will be out sometime in the spring of '09)

Finis.

And there you have it. It looks pretty good, but...

-Co2

Sisay

Liturgist
So while Bethesda's been busy with this 34 day countdown to a disappointing CGI-teaser that tells nothing to anyone, Blizzard has had their own much shorter countdown and published screenshots and gameplay videos of Starcraft 2. Maybe they should think of hiring Pete Hines as well?

Ryuken

Liturgist
Well, it's only out in Fall 2008 so it's logical they show no real gameplay. The new power armor sucks major balls though, what's with the polygon-look there? Isn't their engine capable of running the original, more rounded version?

User was nabbed fit

It wasn't bad. But I expect loads of people to go "LOLOL IT SUCKS" anyway, just so they can hop on what they think is the Codex bandwagon.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Bleh outside of ZOMG TEH GRAPHIX and a bunch of little details showing that they actually watched either of the Falout intros nothing has been shown. Now we'll have to wait a few months before they release some actual gameplay related information.

somnium

Scholar
The trailer was almost everything i expected. The decayed environments, the first person view and the guy in power armour at the end.
The music and the radio came as a surprise, though.

SlavemasterT

Arcane
Hellraiser said:
Bleh outside of ZOMG TEH GRAPHIX and a bunch of little details showing that they actually watched either of the Falout intros nothing has been shown. Now we'll have to wait a few months before they release some actual gameplay related information.
Yeah, it didn't provide much drama fodder. I find it hard to think concretely about a game that, at the soonest, won't be here for a year and a half anyway.

stargelman

Scholar
Well. What can I say about it? Not much! It's like a concept art movie or something. You don't see any gameplay or anything that could tell you what this game will play like, so...It did have the right intro music, and the Perlman, but that's minor details to me.

Data4 said:
Cue title, which blends into Fall 2008 (so we know the game will be out sometime in the spring of '09)
You fail. Fall = Autumn. Third quarter of 2008. And how much that date can be trusted at this point...

User was nabbed fit

Seriously, stop looking for shit when there isn't any. Criticize Bethesda when it's deserved, otherwise it's just retarded.

1) setting looks okay.
2) it's just a teaser, what did you expect?

Edit:

somnium said:
the first person view

Like that's supposed to mean anything... Fallout's movies were in FP too. Even though it probably will end up being in 1st Person (at best there'll be an option for an Iso cam/3rd person).

Fez

Erudite
They said they would stick with what they knew, so it will be 1st person view, maybe 3rd like Oblivion. I don't see them putting in an iso choice after that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom