Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why do I promote my competition?

Twinfalls

Erudite
:D

Oh Rosh. Who could be mad at you for long, huh? HUH? Come on, giz a big fat hug.

Rosh

Erudite
After no longer having to deal with other problems as I've stated here and at DAC, I've been a bit less about trying to defend a forum from stupidity, and instead been going for laughs.

For one, being told that despite all my time at NMA, other moderators and admins seem to think I was discussing a completely different comics company (EC vs DC).

Once I get back into the swing of full-time game development, then I probably won't be so irritable, as it's finally productive work without having to deal with drama. NMA was primarily drama and a waste of my time.

Still an asshole, though. :D

Ivy Mike

Scholar
Rosh said:
For one, being told that despite all my time at NMA, other moderators and admins seem to think I was discussing a completely different comics company (EC vs DC).

Once I get back into the swing of full-time game development, then I probably won't be so irritable, as it's finally productive work without having to deal with drama. NMA was primarily drama and a waste of my time.

Not that it's any of my business, but what happened at NMA that led to this fall out (get it? Fall out? Too funnay)? Inquiring minds want to know. Last I saw that site was pretty much still your playpen (along with the rest of the admins), but of late you've been implying some heavy ordnance in your posts on this board.

Rosh

Erudite
Ivy Mike said:
Not that it's any of my business, but what happened at NMA that led to this fall out (get it? Fall out? Too funnay)? Inquiring minds want to know. Last I saw that site was pretty much still your playpen

HAH! Biggest fucking laugh, ever. The FORUM was pretty much my area, because I could enforce with a clue (since I was pretty much the only one except for a few non-admins). Other than that and my efforts in trying to rebuild the site, my job was supposedly to hand-hold a bunch of lazy leechers who do little but wait for people to hand them information and then try to pontificate upon that.

If it were my site, then it wouldn't be at Telefragged, it would have content to the level of completeness that it should (instead of the broken items DB and more, because Miroslav's download engine was modded for not only an item DB, but a fanfic DB, an art gallery DB, and so much more that would have helped - if it weren't in Perl, and it was QUITE lightweight compared to anything open-source that we could find either in Perl or PHP), and we wouldn't be having TO's lead drama whore of Kharn around. There wouldn't have been "threats" about me removing TO in that case; they would have logged in and wondered where their forum went to. I basically had to play by their politics, and frankly I got tired of having to deal with the argumentative ignorance.

Judging by the "oh, shit!" from the last time I left, they're going to spend a few days, maybe even a couple of weeks, in trying to get Marv to do something about the list of broken things I posted to show the other admins exactly how fucked up the site was. Or they'll just keep reposting old hat news and being envious of DAC having Emil post, while playing the same happy blowjob game of having Bethesda dictate to you when you're allowed to speak. That little game made it quite obvious, along with the witch-hunt at Bethesda for whomever was leaking the info, that Bethesda was going to try something as shitty, if not even worse, than their hype tricks with Oblivion. They are planning to keep the Fallout audience in the dark until such a time that they figure word of mouth wouldn't kill the game's reception, and so Fallout fans can't disect the design for exactly how poorly it is, as yet another piece of console trash like Oblivion or Star Trek: Legacy.

So that makes this even funnier:

Yes, but Bethesda hasn't shown any way of communicating with or listening to the fans. We also never bitch about their insulting treatment of us, mainly because there isn't any.

What a wonderful way to live in denial and no clue about what is going on.

Speaking of denial:

Whether or not Oblivion was fun is completely irrelevant. Oblivion's design has nothing, and I do mean nothing, in common with the design of any faithful Fallout game.

Except when it's being designed and developed in pretty much the same way by the same people - rather difficult to miss that.

(along with the rest of the admins), but of late you've been implying some heavy ordnance in your posts on this board.

Kharn? Totally useless unless it's news posting about shit people have known for a while already, especially if it's been posted on NMA's own forums about the topic itself. Otherwise, it's usually drama about The Order or some other silly shit like that, or some argumentative ignorance. Why Odin reversed Miroslav's thankfulness that we no longer had to deal with TO and the associated assclownery once they left the first time, I'll never know. Oh, wait, I do, because of "traffic" reasons. :roll: If it wasn't for some silly competition with DAC (which I really don't share feelings of, because I've worked at DAC, NMA, and V13 for longer than ANYONE ELSE in the community) Kharn probably wouldn't be doing a damn thing. Again.

Odin? Left for WoW, missing for months without bothering to appoint a competent replacement, and only occasionally resurfaces.

Silencer, the new "lead admin" at NMA now that Odin is too much into WoW to care? He's okay for technical unless we have to wait on the mildly-retarded tech guy at the apparent now fully RSS leech of Telefragged/Atomicgamer...who also happens to be the CEO. Then Silencer can't even bother to read his own news forum, or that of DAC, which NMA constantly tries to e-peen scoop. Which is ironic, since DAC posted the info from VDweller as a credible rumor, and NMA failed to notice (except for Kharn, who has to go for more DRAMA!) So, would someone like to explain why the admin of the (supposed) largest Fallout site is clueless enough to require that I hand all over my info to him, when the bits he should have been worried about were months public knowledge already? I personally never cared who got the news first, it was for the community - as long as someone actually GOT the news. I now don't understand the logic of trying to scoop other Fallout sites by seeing who can repost Blue's News or other sources, without trying to do any info-digging yourself. At least Odin bothered to do that much. The biggest irony is that when VDweller gave a bit of info he and others got from Bethesda sources, NMA admins and moderators would rather bitch about the lack of information and go on about other argumentative shit, instead of paying attention to the info. The basis for an original news article, the ultimate "scoop", was on their own fucking news forum and they missed it. It was being told that I had to hand-hold everyone to make sure they read the forum, made sure that they were fully aware of issues that were scooped by other sites, then being told that was to be my expected job even though the clueless shits STILL don't even pay attention (the EC Comics vs DC Comics thing), I left out of disgust.

Marv: The most useless dipshit ever in hosting gaming sites. Not only has this shitbag selectively butchered AdminSQL and left it "secure but without a proper login", but through that and other means pretty much the entire forum DB at NMA has been publicly BROWSABLE, including PMs and supposedly "private" forums. Don't even get me started on that 3ddownloads bullshit... Then he also required that we reconfigure our Perl scripts to some cgi-bin, then completely did away with Perl, causing Odin to half-ass replace the site with some PHP scripts that he never bothered to document anything about to the others who were supposed to work on it. Telefragged has been a fucking joke since QuakeGod left/died/whatever, turning into a copy of the GameSpy/IGN circus.

The Rest: I'll admit, not all were disappointing. Ratty, Wooz, Montez, Per, and a few others were great in keeping the clueless in line, but it appears that their efforts will now be in vain since without an effective spine, Orderites now run NMA. NMA cannot realistically expand or even restore old data, so what you see of the site is it. It has been little but primarily a forum and broken content, along with some news, for years. Honestly, DAC's a far better site, because it's complete and not half-ass broken. Ironic, since DAC's focus from the time it was hosted on Turngray and then at Iplaygames was originally supplemental media (speech files, music, etc.) and not full game information. Now, NMA's focus seems to be on whatever Interplay mocking can be scraped up, along with waiting on their asses for Bethesda to officially state something so they can have the balls to confront Bethesda about Fallout 3's design - when it's far too late like FOT. Oh, wait, no, fan reception made that game suck less than it was going to (wasn't going to be a world map originally until I got on their asses about it!), and F:POS was just continued in developer denial. However, it seems like Interplay, and by merit of the license Bethesda as well (since ZeniMax now owns them, they are essentially the same brand of console whore as Herve), has learned from the F:POS experience. So they are now keeping quiet about what might be taken unfavorably. Well...it also might have been the reception to some of Pete and Todd's (and other junior Bethesda developers) unbelievably stupid remarks when the title was first announced.

Me: For trying to give a clue to lazy shits, repeatedly, and then they completely miss the mark while also playing the "Bethesda hasn't told us anything" game. Even after VDweller and I point out what leaks have told us about Fallout 3, and other info to support it, and it doesn't matter.

Even after I spend years describing the Fallout setting and design, as it was explained to me by both Tim Cain and Chef Boyarsky, it seems to never have gotten through. Here I am, wasting my time on people who had suddenly regressed back into "clueless newbs" unable to tell the difference between EC Comics and DC Comics, while the site fell into ruins out of my control to do anything. Hell, not even putting it on my own network was agreed to, because it would make it clear that I was the lead admin. I was lead admin in practicality, but when politics came into play, the TO shitheads won.

Yes, I am an idiot for wasting my time for that long, thank you. :D I should have left with Miroslav after he handed the site to someone who didn't have shit for technical knowledge, and made them the lead admin, while the site has progressively gone to shit.

Or left when Odin brought back TO as a "valuable resource".
---------------

Hmmm, that was cathartic, releiving, and worth a bit of a break from writing AI routines designed for non-lethal attack considerations of party NPCs. Now that I'm working on rewarding, productive work, it feels much better. :D

EDIT: More fun!

Kharn said:
The accusation has to do with our refusal to post rumours on the frontpage,

That's a new one, and one that you and Silencer just pulled from your asses.

unless we recieved them firsthand.

How the FUCK do you plan to receive ANYTHING firsthand when you're too lazy to read your own forum? If you're hoping that Emil hands it to you on your own forum, you're shit out of luck and chances are you'd miss that, too.

It's not our policy to post rumours from people like Vault Dweller no matter how much I personally believe him. I'm not sure why he's complaining that we didn't, seeing as he was an admin and could've newsposted them whenever he wanted.

VDweller did post it. It could hardly be called "secondhand" when I also verify it. Both events seemed to be wholly ignored in lieu of whatever personal bitch you and Sander have with VDweller. So not only did you get the info posted on your own forums, but it was verified to be something other than just someone randomly coming around and posting a rumor...THAT MEANS YOU'RE A FUCKING RETARD, KHARN. The decision to not post credible rumors is one Silencer and you came up with to excuse your laziness while posting old hat Fallout news. Odin even reposted the "Fallout Fantasy" rumors, despite what they turned out to be, because they were news and it was from a reliable source. It turned out to be something different, but still relevant. The same thing happened with FOT, in case...oh, wait, only a handful currently at NMA were there, back then. Making people aware of what should be known about Fallout 3 is a tad bit more relevant at the moment, so please grow a brain and a pair, but don't ever reproduce. Even after the "Fallout Fantasy" crap, DAC still posts rumors if it appeared that someone went to the effort of digging for it. You know how you post rumors credibly as news? Like how DAC did so, as posting it as a rumor.

As for posting it myself? You wanted to look useful in doing something in your "hey, look, I can post news to look useful" even though that's a job a mere moderator could do, I was wanting to see if you'd be useful or the usual story-leeching shit you've always been. Considering you can't even bother snooping around for details about Fallout 3 yourself, which would have easily verified...no, I wasn't going to hand it all to you for free, since it appears that Silencer nor you, nor any other admin, cared to look for Fallout 3 news. Then you post the "we don't know shit yet" alibi in response to how people have fears about the game because SOMEONE (I'll give you a hint, dipshit, me) was pointing out the many realities of the title in context with what Bethesda had already said. You kids don't know shit because you've done shit for investigating yourselves.

So, keep being envious of Emil posting at DAC. As if Bethesda is going to tell you anything worthwhile on the forums. Too bad for you it's a little late to consider that, and I guess Silencer did want developer asskissing in lieu of a clue. I was also getting tired of being about the only one to keep investigating, since after Odin left nobody else cared to do the least bit of effort in getting info like that. You, Silencer, and the rest seem to be happy sitting there while Bethesda sees how well they can dump Fallout 3 onto the ignorant masses.

Copngratulations, NMA is now a news repost site. Thanks to you and Silencer.

So, if anyone wants a reason why I'm not there...I think that would be the one, genius!

I'd just leave it be if I was you guys. As for the "whole plot" of the conflict, I'm still trying to figure that one out myself, but it's not really relevant. We didn't force him to do anything and asked him to advice if he so strongly disagreed with us (he never did).

Liar.

And, since you're too stupid/lazy to read your own admin forum (which makes you even more useless than the lazy shit who can't even bother to read his own news forum):

1. Emil posts useless shit at DAC, and gets his ass licked because he was a great level designer for Thief II and managed to not completely suck on the parts he designed for Oblivion.
2. Emil sucks Todd's ass in the same posting of useless shit.
3. In reply to a news post without anything of note, Kharn reports that Emil says...ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! (Reposting empty forum brainshit from developers is *SO* much more important than ANY details about the game!)
4. Silencer, in envy about Emil posting at DAC, objects to me calling Emil something along the lines of "another useless attention-whoring shithead" and telling him to fuck off if he's going to be as useless of an attention whore as the rest of Bethesda's developers, which is backed up by Emil coming to NMA about a year ago (under the name and pic "Lohan", as in Lindsay Lohan!) to post...USELESS SHIT. He also stopped posting that same day, and didn't appear to visit since given how PMs weren't delivered. Lo and behold, I could count on someone at Bethesda to report how I boldfaced a "FUCK YOU" at Emil, and look! Emil then visits NMA, after his claims of "if I didn't care about the community, I wouldn't have registered here" garbage at DAC (and a year ago at NMA), as the PMs being delivered indicated. He now seems to be MIA from DAC as well, and was as useless for the community to talk to as he was a year ago.
5. Silencer demands to know what I know, including contacts, etc. after I point out the SHOCKING revelation to him that VDweller scooped NMA on their own fucking news forum, and I was sitting back to watch the hilarity of nobody else at NMA having a clue, nor wanting one unless someone at Bethesda gives them "firsthand" material.
6. I point out that if people are going to be too lazy to read their own fucking news forum, I wasn't going to needlessly endanger the jobs of those who took the time and risk to divulge information. Those who were still at Bethesda, who were seeing the oldtimers go in disgust at how TES was being treated, who put their jobs and possibly careers at risk to violate Bethesda's blacklisting, were to be rewarded by having their livelihood put at risk for the sake of some lazy shits that couldn't be bothered to investigate on their own and who even kept making excuses as to "we don't know anything yet because Bethesda hasn't told us anything". With their laziness, I could expect laxness, and that was something that would not have been a suitable reward to someone with integrity. Yes, they work at Bethesda. We've also had contacts at Interplay regarding their situation.

I also find it amusing that people "paid attention", when I could post something repeatedly and you dumbfucks still manage to confuse DC and EC comics. The styles were nowhere close. The titles were nowhere close to each other.
Then you even try to berate an artist about their work, which arises in this little gem that nobody else has a clue to correct, even after it's made repeatedly:

Sander said:
Considering the fact that we know from what Boyarsky himself explained that it's a 50s DC Comics style, you're completely and utterly wrong. Not to mention you failed to do even the basic homework.

Not only incorrect about what Boyarsky and others said, but nobody else has sufficient clue to correct it. So exactly what the fuck have you asshats been doing for the last few years but ride the coattails of my knowledge and experience? You certainly haven't paid shit for attention, and so there lies the problem. I wasn't going to put the job of someone I have to respect for the risk they went to, into the hands of a few incompetent twatwaffles that can't even bother to educate themselves, but preach their ignorance to others. Which is what we used to thump in the old days, given how Xotor and I admin'd the forum. You have become everything we used to ban. So, since I didn't quite belong there anymore...

He de-adminned and banned himself, which is a shame, but it's his call, and that's really all that needs to be said.

A shame? You're glad I'm gone, don't even bother playing that pretentious shit now. Now you not only have your precious TO at NMA without any threat to the antics (too bad there's not another hosted community to pick on, eh?), but you've now essentially got control of the site. And now look where it's going.

So much for NMA having balls anymore, but unless it's joining in kicking Interplay's corpse or re-posting Fallout news, NMA is fucked. You only have yourselves to thank, kids. Good luck not only keeping the site with this willful cluelessness, but good luck ever updating it with the less-than-useless host you have. You guys should pick now whether to rip off someone's Fallout 3 items page or not bother covering the title, because now you can't seem to be bothered or able to do jack shit for yourselves.

EDIT again!:
More boring drama since someone linked to it at NMA so the oblivious shits at NMA could find it and clue themselves in, and I'll keep it to this post to keep this isolated.

My "resignation letter":

welsh said:
So Rosh, I would keep your secrets if I were you.

I will, because that means I'll no longer be around to witness to total pussification of NMA by being jealous of Elara, for example. F:POS and FOT, anyone? Yet people get butt-hurt when Bethesda's ass isn't licked and they get comparatively lesser shit thrown back at them. Oh, whoop-de-shit, Bethesda might be upset. That didn't stop us in the past when it was involving Interplay and the same leaked details about FOT and F:POS, that with the community interest, the developers had no choice but to address them.

But now we can't do that, because someone wants NMA to be a PUSSY that would get someone in trouble, because it needs someone at Bethesda to officially state shit for people here to have a surrogate spine. Even info that is publicly posted and verified as confirmed leak by TWO RESPECTED PEOPLE, and it still is received with thumbs and heads up asses, so don't give me the "you should have told us" bullshit, Silencer, VDweller told the entire fucking site, I confirmed with a few tidbits thrown in for context, and it STILL gets the "we don't know anything concrete" shit from Sander and Kharn. So you know what? I DID GIVE YOU GUYS THE INFO. You just pissed it away, so fuck you for repaying someone's risk of career and our effort in slipping this in carefully, like this. We already gave you what you wanted, and it was ass-scrubbed in lieu of kissing Bethesda's ass.

So what the fuck has changed? NMA is starting to let the community down by becoming complacent and willing to wait for Bethesda to pat you on the head like a good dog. People came to the site because we weren't the same sloppy blowjob crap of Fallout eXtreme (please tell me someone actually remembers this shit). We would charge forward with no guns barred, and we've been fairly spot-on. Now, no longer. Well, happy fetching the press releases, bitches.

So, if you're in charge of NMA now, Silencer, I wish you the best with the change in ethics and principles. They are no longer shared by me, because they are no longer what we used to follow. Good luck getting Marv to get off of his ass to do anything to help fix this site, but crumbling content should go well with the crumbling integrity.

Silencer, you have no right to dare speak to me about integrity when you'd place your own laziness and lack of trying to delve for information yourself over someone's career that they put at risk to give info to those who DID put forth effort. I helped with three sites at the same time (V13, DAC, NMA), as I would if we weren't waiting on Marv to fix something yet again with his half-ass setup (another reason why I can't trust the security of these forums) and still managed to get personal work done while getting leaked info about FOT, so I don't know why you can't be bothered to do anywhere near the same amount of effort while waiting for Marv. If you're expecting us to just hand it to you...sorry, tried that and it was publicly discouraged on the forum.

So we didn't release any more of the info about the game that was leaked to us. Given that an artist is one of my contacts, one that has been in the industry a hell of a lot longer than most of the newbie kids on Oblivion, I have some interesting details about the art style. That I will now keep to myself.

So, minus any reason to be here...

-Rosh, now enjoying a load of new free time. Now I can get back to real game development instead of having to talk about it for the benefit of those who can't be bothered to think about it for themselves.

The Idiot

Novice
I had an image of an old but yet majestic statue preaching about its undeniable, alas now forgotten, awesomeness in my head while I read that. Not that I diss you, in fact I respect your input, gramps.

Now that you've shamelessly plugged your game, spill some beans for a change.

Nice derail, btw.

Rosh

Erudite
The Idiot said:
I had an image of an old but yet majestic statue preaching about its undeniable, alas now forgotten, awesomeness in my head while I read that. Not that I diss you, in fact I respect your input, gramps.

Old regrets and hindsight often works like that, troubling enough. I am willing to give an explanation if asked, as I'm always willing to give advice when it's asked (and often unasked) for.

Now that you've shamelessly plugged your game, spill some beans for a change.

Hey, I only mentioned that I was taking a break from working upon it, relaying what was taking time from development :D

I'll be kind and give a bit more. Science fiction, tactical combat, and a multipathing story with contextual NPC development/interaction. Meaning that the NPCs that look up to you will often try to emulate your actions and preferences, while those who are integral to the story may act differently or set different plans into motion depending upon your actions.

Since I am bringing in several newbie artists and sound composers, the graphic quality will not be anything stellar, though we do have a number of veteran programmers to help. It may be around Spiderweb and www.ausgamedev.com in terms of graphics, as we're not putting that much focus on tweaking the graphics, but instead working on the story. When you have a story that can change depending upon the protagonist, yes it is an assload of work, but it's also a rewarding effort.

True, a player might not experience 40% of the game's assets on a single playthough, but that is what's happens when role-playing different kinds of characters is a part of planned gameplay, as replay is also highly encouraged. To give more background info, mostly, but it can also change the general story's path and resolution.

Setting-wise, I could basically give away that it's started in a domed city in the future, and from there just state that it's based upon discovery and exploration. I can tell you it's going to be hell on game help forums with the spoilers on this one, even worse than "Where can I find the water chip in Necropolis?" subject lines. Even saying where the domed city is located would be one hell of a spoiler in itself.

Nice derail, btw.

About the fourth or fifth in this thread. :?

dagorkan

Arbiter
Retardo this, pls.

No, seriously how far along is this game of yours Rosh? Sounds kind of interesting.

Ladonna

Arcane
Actually, I bet he really gets the stress off writing this stuff. I can almost see him sweating and gulping air after typing these marathons furiously. Then he sighs and collapses into his seat, snoring, with a smile on his face. :lol:

More men should get in touch with their feminine side like Rosh.

Edit: Another soothing balm for Rosh to work with
http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35004

ur rong lol

Rosh

Erudite
Ladonna said:
Actually, I bet he really gets the stress off writing this stuff. I can almost see him sweating and gulping air after typing these marathons furiously. Then he sighs and collapses into his seat, snoring, with a smile on his face. :lol:

*chuckles* Nah, more like laughing along at an insane WPM.

Edit: Another soothing balm for Rosh to work with
http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35004

ur rong lol

Heh, I love that. "Don't worry." You should have seen some of the stuff Chuck was coming up with, too. The moron and several other idiots at IGN and GameBanshee thought that the Googie style used in the concept art was "spot on", "captures the essence of Fallout", and my favorite, "suitably gritty for the Fallout franchise".

Yeah, Vault Boy as a Big Boy...

DarkSign said:
Rosh is an angry elitist cunt and always will be. Once you figure out that his opinion, no matter how many words, means less than nothing, you've got him in perspective.

Compared to a MMOG with McLarens that advertises to be heavily Fallout inspired with "BioBorgs", with updates in its site design occurring more often than its news, everyone is an angry elitist cunt compared to you - the happy oblivious attention whore. Once you figure out that your accountant ass means little to nothing, Captain Vaporware, you might drop your ego to figure out that I actually have had work on game titles see the light of day. :lol:

-Eliezer Havelock

DarkSign

Erudite
Yeah. Ive taken a lot of heat for the term bioborg which i chose because it made sense to separate organisms who grew their biomods as opposed to having them implanted. Hardware vs Wetware.

A quick Googletm of the word brings up:

http://www.orionsarm.com/sophontology/bioborgs.html
http://www.cit.gu.edu.au/~terryd/Future of Human Intelligence.html
http://www.doubletongued.org/index.php/citations/bioborg_1/
http://www.cgchat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23507
http://www.lmame-bug.com/~quantic/C...ges tests/0025_-_Test_Michael_3_-_Bioborg.jpg

I like it so it stays.

Rosh

Erudite
However, since you are making a MMOG, and you are using that term, it brings up two specific problems.

One, your market is the Lowest Common Denominator.

Two, using that general term might amuse you to no end, but in a context of general sci-fi, it's not only a bit lame but there's enough for people to wonder exactly how many Trademark lawyers they might need to set on your ass.

Three. Yay for Google.

You can't really call it "inspired by Fallout" when the writing quality is nowhere complimentary.

Just some helpful advice. ;)

DarkSign

Erudite
Im not getting into a tete-a-tete simply because I dont feel the need to defend everything I do to you.

The bioborg term is an interesting thing to me so I chimed in. There were more than 3 responses for the term, including a set of DAZ3d models with thousands of sales.

WTF are you talking about trademark lawyers for? Check out the words under my name then figure out what I do for a living, chief. Its a general term (thanks for not addressing the grown vs implanted rationale) with no ownership.

Getting back to the purpose of the thread, Fallen Earth is looking like an MMOG version of the Shadowrun game that's coming out - Counterstrike with Powerz. That's lowest common denominator right there.

Rosh

Erudite
DarkSign said:
Im not getting into a tete-a-tete simply because I dont feel the need to defend everything I do to you.

Yet you feel the need to hype out some stupid shit, whine when I call you on it, and then sulk and snivel around a few forums about how mean I am to you. Wah fucking wah. Maybe if you didn't sound like a moron in the first place, using stupid, moronic advertising techniques, and didn't do stupid attention-whorish shit like overhype the fact that your site HAS news, then I might be a bit forgiving.

The bioborg term is an interesting thing to me so I chimed in. There were more than 3 responses for the term, including a set of DAZ3d models with thousands of sales.

WTF are you talking about trademark lawyers for? Check out the words under my name then figure out what I do for a living, chief. Its a general term (thanks for not addressing the grown vs implanted rationale) with no ownership.

It's not the term, but the general use of the concept. Considering how derivative you are elsewhere...use your imagination, Sparky.

DarkSign

Erudite
Here we go. The typical Rosh bitchfest. You dont listen to reason even when presented with logic.

Yes, I overhyped the project (with one post on NMA but yes it was overexuberant) but since your flamefest Ive been very lowkey. But you have to keep beating that dead horse into the ground.

As for the derivative bit...that's pretty funny since you posted on NMA back in the day that it was something I came up with myself. You cant keep your arguments straight. And you havent defined derivative, have you. I suppose calling humans "human" is derivative to you.

The fact is you dont know nearly what you think you do about my project because you couldnt. You havent seen the original fiction, the design docs, the technical docs etc. etc.

Interplay burned you decades ago and now when a green indie group makes one misstep you decide to spew your drivel ad nauseum.

Here we go...you've drawn me in to your ball kicking fest. Go. Take the last word. Have fun.

Rosh

Erudite
DarkSign said:
Here we go. The typical Rosh bitchfest. You dont listen to reason even when presented with logic.

So that is what you call your hype. Just making sure.

Yes, I overhyped the project (with one post on NMA but yes it was overexuberant) but since your flamefest Ive been very lowkey. But you have to keep beating that dead horse into the ground.

Because you keep beating the derivativeness into the ground? Each site revision, it appears you've found a new way to cheaply rip off Fallout or insinuate it.

Okay...so where the fuck is the Fallout? You keep thinking it was related to just that one post. Then why do you feel S.P.E.C.I.A.L. name-dropping Fallout system widgets and skill names around even more each revision?

As for the derivative bit...that's pretty funny since you posted on NMA back in the day that it was something I came up with myself. You cant keep your arguments straight.

Ever heard of "sarcasm"? I do believe I made a comment about its originality, and how it would be likely mocked a lot, mainly by how derivatively it is used and how the rest of the game is represented.

And you havent defined derivative, have you. I suppose calling humans "human" is derivative to you.

Well, do I need to repeat myself again?

The fact is you dont know nearly what you think you do about my project because you couldnt. You havent seen the original fiction, the design docs, the technical docs etc. etc.

If you have anything better than what's on your site, why haven't you posted that instead of the load of shit you currently have been redesigning/rewording/rehyping for the last few years?

Interplay burned you decades ago and now when a green indie group makes one misstep you decide to spew your drivel ad nauseum.

Uh, no. I just don't like people who tend to name-drop, can't explain exactly what they are ripping off, sulk and spew as we don't immediately verbally suck them off, and then complain that we are being mean when you have to ask how to rip off the Fallout character system.

I'm supposed to respect that...why?

Here we go...you've drawn me in to your ball kicking fest. Go. Take the last word. Have fun.

You still keep whining all around the fucking place that I'm mean, when you were the rude shit that spammed your crap onto my forum, made a load of claims you couldn't back up, and you STILL name-drop and add in references shamelessly without explaining yourself.

Okay, fuckwit, then next site redesign, MAKE IT COUNT. Make it match your project, or stop with the redesigns that occur more often than you post news about absolutely unrelated bullshit and how you aren't dead. I'm being more than fair here. I'm going by the information that you have provided and that we were supposed to be awed by, for over...what, how many years has it been now?

So now your site doesn't match your project. Next excuse, please.

DarkSign

Erudite
So one reference in a backwater blurb about the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. system and its overhyped or over-referenced? OMGZZ!

There are tons of design discussions here, on GameDev.net and several other forums that I frequent where I have purposefully held back in speaking about our project. You fail to give that credit. To be clear, Im not asking for credibility to the project based on that...just for you to stop saying Ive overhyped it when that's clearly not the case.

Uh, no. I just don't like people who tend to name-drop, can't explain exactly what they are ripping off, sulk and spew as we don't immediately verbally suck them off, and then complain that we are being mean when you have to ask how to rip off the Fallout character system.

I was green. I was overexcited. I hyped. I've taken the mea culpa for that but yet you get your rocks off bringing it back up again and again and again. WTF. Choose something new to bitch about, tardo. I never wanted anyone to suck us off. Fame is about 1123213 on our list of wants and needs. I happened to be excited about the project I had gotten underway and since I hadnt spent enough time at NMA at that time, I thought other people might join in and get excited with us. That turned out to be terribly naive of course. No one there gives new people the benefit of the doubt or even gives constructive crit. It's all ball-kicking, circle-jerking e-peen bullshit. Ok. I got that and modified my behavior, but yet you bring up the same tired bullshit.

If you have anything better than what's on your site, why haven't you posted that instead of the load of shit you currently have been redesigning/rewording/rehyping for the last few years?

This is the funniest shit Ive heard from you yet. You dont want us to hype yet you want posts that you will no doubt call hype. Instead we're quietly working to build something substantial and meaningful.

My comrades keep telling me to be above this back and forth with you, but somehow I keep giving you the benefit of the doubt thinking you will try to see something from someone else's point of view or be semi-objective about a situation that you've mischaracterized from the start.

I still find it funny that you cry "trademark" then when you lose that point you fall back on "oh I just meant in general." Dont use terms of art if you cant use them correctly.

Twinfalls and others in this thread have already cut you down to size...I dont have to. I merely hate seeing you cut down something you have hardly any knowledge about. Ive taken responsibility for what Im liable for. You want to keep Roshing...go for it. I can keep fucking you up with your own words as many times as you can post. Or we can agree that you just like taking the piss out of people for your own pleasure and leave it at that. Im betting and wishing for the former not the latter, of course.

Rosh

Erudite
DarkSign said:
So one reference in a backwater blurb about the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. system and its overhyped or over-referenced? OMGZZ!

There is more, which I have noted before.

There are tons of design discussions here, on GameDev.net and several other forums that I frequent where I have purposefully held back in speaking about our project. You fail to give that credit. To be clear, Im not asking for credibility to the project based on that...just for you to stop saying Ive overhyped it when that's clearly not the case.

So using specious hyping methods isn't overhyping, nor are the claims used when hyping...interesting definition you have, there.

I was green. I was overexcited. I hyped. I've taken the mea culpa for that but yet you get your rocks off bringing it back up again and again and again. WTF. Choose something new to bitch about, tardo.

Maybe when you stop performing the same shit tricks, Laddie.

I never wanted anyone to suck us off.

You seemed to expect that with how your reply to people's lukewarm reception sounded. Again, I know you have been lurking upon the NMA forums. Go back and re-read what you have posted there, and stop trying to bullshit me.

Fame is about 1123213 on our list of wants and needs. I happened to be excited about the project I had gotten underway and since I hadnt spent enough time at NMA at that time, I thought other people might join in and get excited with us. That turned out to be terribly naive of course.

Amazing how you decide to develop a MMOG, and have no clue of Netiquette. Amazing.

No one there gives new people the benefit of the doubt or even gives constructive crit. It's all ball-kicking, circle-jerking e-peen bullshit. Ok. I got that and modified my behavior, but yet you bring up the same tired bullshit.

No, it's more like "Some fuckwit just registered and is pandering his game as being spirutally like Fallout...but I've seen his site detailing the game with turbocharged McLarens and other shit. WTF is this crackhead smoking?!" Remember, when you register onto a site, YOU are using THEIR bandwidth, and it was your mistake for being a total netnewb for not lurking or even reading the rules that had specifically stated NO ADVERTISING. So that was your first stupid mistake. Then was the overhyping and then having to ask about how to rip off the Fallout character system. After that, you added more and more references and like skills into your game information pages.

Now, instead of overhyping, you sound like you have a constant victim complex. Fine, bitch, get on your knees and start sucking, or stop sobbing. Tears make the best lubricant.

This is the funniest shit Ive heard from you yet. You dont want us to hype yet you want posts that you will no doubt call hype. Instead we're quietly working to build something substantial and meaningful.

No, dipshit. I mean if your fiction and etc. that is currently on the site is nowhere near the amazing OMFG original draft you have crammed up your ass, then you might want to start having your site be representative of your project. Otherwise, your site will be taken as representative of your project, and so far it sounds like something Sciffy wouldn't even wipe it's ass with.

My comrades keep telling me to be above this back and forth with you, but somehow I keep giving you the benefit of the doubt thinking you will try to see something from someone else's point of view or be semi-objective about a situation that you've mischaracterized from the start.

Well, you spammed onto my forums. Mistake one, dipshit. Second, YOU KEEP WHINING ABOUT IT. So naturally, I will keep kicking you about how unoriginal your shit sounds.

I still find it funny that you cry "trademark" then when you lose that point you fall back on "oh I just meant in general." Dont use terms of art if you cant use them correctly.

I was referring to other sources you have ripped off. Like for Fallout, blatantly, dipshit. Look on your own pages. Right now, you weasely shit. Not just one reference, but multiple. Don't you DARE to fucking try and weasel out of that and imply that I'm not being fair and that I'm not listening to logic. The logic has stood that you're a derivative shit, remain so with each redesign of your site, and you haven't bothered to really improve upon anything but your site design. Too bad nothing is really done about the actual content.

Twinfalls and others in this thread have already cut you down to size...I dont have to. I merely hate seeing you cut down something you have hardly any knowledge about.

I'm going by what is on your site. Again for the retarded: if your site isn't representative of your game, the next time you decide to redesign it, actually pay attention to the fucking content.

Now quit your sniveling across this site, act like you have a pair, and grow a fucking brain to understand that if you want your project to be taken seriously, then you might want to make sure the site pays it a compliment and doesn't sound like a failed high school creative writing project.

End of story, shitbag, you are done whining.

DarkSign

Erudite
I can always tell how much I get under your skin by the length of your next post, Rosh.

Ultimately you can't let someone apologize for a mistake and move on. You have to bring shit back up over and over in an attempt to legitimize your well-known ball kicking.

Why should your opinion mean warmed-over puke when you have no logic or objectivity to your responses? If you're not the kind of person who can come to a resolution about something what's the point of you typing any more of your drivel?

Oh wait there is none.

There is more, which I have noted before.

Weak. I expect more from someone who believe in themselves so much.

So using specious hyping methods isn't overhyping, nor are the claims used when hyping...interesting definition you have, there.

Examples please. I've bit my lip and stopped speaking about our project anywhere. You've gotten what you want but of course that's still not enough. You wont objectively see that your characterizations dont apply anymore because you feel like then you'd lose.

Maybe when you stop performing the same shit tricks, Laddie.

Im guessing that you're referring to my description of you a few posts above. The difference is you're mischaracterizing our project and my involvement whereas Im merely repeating the same shit that a thousand people have all said about you. Get the difference? Of course you wont.

You seemed to expect that with how your reply to people's lukewarm reception sounded. Again, I know you have been lurking upon the NMA forums. Go back and re-read what you have posted there, and stop trying to bullshit me.

Ive gone back many times to read that post as a matter of fact. I find it a badge of honor to be sure. I merely expected (naively) that other people who enjoyed the post-apoc genre and videogames would share my enthusiasm. What I want counting on was how hardened you'd become against anyone trying to do a game project. Interplay's fucking of you, coupled with your elitism concerning Fallout, mixed with my overenthusiasm created this situation. Im moving on, but apparently you arent. (If you're tempted to discuss how I continually trash you wherever and whenever as my not moving on, scroll up and re-read.)

No, dipshit. I mean if your fiction and etc. that is currently on the site is nowhere near the amazing OMFG original draft you have crammed up your ass, then you might want to start having your site be representative of your project

You just dont appreciate the situation you've created do you? You want updates which you will no doubt call hype. So we dont post and you flog us for that. You'll never be happy which is why no sane person (myself in cluded) would care about your standards.

Too bad nothing is really done about the actual content.
You mean the content of the site or the content of the game. Dont imply one then mean the other when you defend your whimpy-ass posts.

I'll assume you mean the more important of the two (the game content). You have no clue about what's being done, but of course that wont stop you from flinging poo. More tired BS from someone who hasnt a leg to stand on.

"Nihil novus sub sole"
"Originality is the art of concealing your source"

I.e. we're all derivative of someone my dear Rosh. If that's the best you've got to kill me with despite having no clue of the inner workings of the game...so be it.

Keep it comin!

Rosh

Erudite
DarkSign said:
I can always tell how much I get under your skin by the length of your next post, Rosh.

Really? Then let me get right to the fucking point. Either make your site match your project, or quit whining like a little child. If you don't want to be called a derivative twat, don't put derivative bullshit onto your site. Simple fucking common sense, which I suppose the presence of too many words confuses you. Your denial and stupid mind games are just that - stupid.

You mean the content of the site or the content of the game. Dont imply one then mean the other when you defend your whimpy-ass posts.

Again, for the slow of learning (irony that you comment about English must not be my mothertongue, when you miss the point of paragraphs):

I was referring to other sources you have ripped off. Like for Fallout, blatantly, dipshit. Look on your own pages. Right now, you weasely shit. Not just one reference, but multiple. Don't you DARE to fucking try and weasel out of that and imply that I'm not being fair and that I'm not listening to logic. The logic has stood that you're a derivative shit, remain so with each redesign of your site, and you haven't bothered to really improve upon anything but your site design. Too bad nothing is really done about the actual content.

Since it comes after a sentence regarding the site, and commentary is made upon the design...then OF COURSE I'M TALKING ABOUT THE SITE CONTENT, YOU FUCKING IDIOT! What the FUCK do you think I'm talking about when I say your site is redesigned more times than you manage to add content or even news? Are you even still paying attention, or is this the same crackheaded lunacy you've been practicing since day fucking one?

That's it, you win. You have proven that you are far too fucking stupid to deal with. Just stop whining all over like a little child, months after I've done anything to hurt your precious little ego over your precious project and the site that doesn't represent your project yet sees more redesigns than content updates.

EDIT: Even over the AoD forums, have you no shame?

In fact, that's my entire point about why nobody should really pay attention to your garbage, Captain Vaporware.

Rosh

Erudite
Shagnak said:
So, who is this Rosh guy and what does he do again? :?

Wow, have I been gone that long? :D

Good fucking grief...now this isn't ego-polishing, but just a few things in a nutshell.

Well, aside from geeking it up with a few of the Origin staff at SCA events, as well as working on some SCA MUDs/MOOs/Etc., I did some writing help and interface testing for Origin. This is where I learned my appreciation for game design, yet was mostly observing what was going on. Basically, I did minor work as I watched over the shoulders of some of the most brilliant people to ever have put stories to electronic form. That is how they treated their games. After having been around a few online communities previously, I then ran a fan BBS for Origin (at the same time as one of my own), with a highly and personally modified version of Exitilus...a little Ultima flavored (just had some common items and the graffiti was changed to look a bit more apropos).

After Ultima was sold out thanks to EA, I decided to wander around and do a few freelance Alpha testing and design jobs from UO to The Fourth Coming (heh...it could have sucked MORE), to a few other titles probably even more unmentionable yet I was wanting to establish and keep contacts in several places. I even looked at some of the projects other ex-Origin members were working on, turned down a position at ION Storm to chum again with a Specter Named Warren (Romero...*Brock Samson twitch* I swear his stupidity caught onto Warren irrevocably by Deus Ex 2, and I'd have had to break their keyboards by pissing upon them out of principle), and then finally settled upon what should have been a relatively easy job of helping with a Fallout fansite while working in the open source community.

After a few years of working on open source engines, helping friends work on other pieces of software they were working on, like 3dWebmaster, gave that a try for a while...a little too much for it's time, ate RAM through IE INSANELY. But it looked good and could offer browsing around a 3d environment a little like a FPS. Working on that gave me quite an appreciation for interface design. Their later work, though I only kept up with it for a couple of years later yet I approve of their interface changes (I can't honestly take sole credit for that, there were many others tormenting the code and probably came to the same conclusions), was a bit more polished and offered 3d browsable objects online, which included a Smithsonian planetary display.

I just checked on the company now. They publish games for mobile phones. Wow, I can even surprise myself sometimes.

And, currently, I'm in the process of putting together an engine or two to go along with a story I and others have been working upon for quite some time, a sci-fi Pick-Your-Own-Path CRPG. Yes, I'm an asshole, and I've been in/around the industry longer than most people who now work in it have been alive.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Oh, okay. I've only ever known about you as "a guy who turns up and yells at people a lot".*
It's usually just personal vendetta stuff, so I soon lose interest.

*There's a lot of those around.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom