Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Would you still be willing to play a Silent Storm mod?

bryce777

Erudite
Well, it never even allowed me to target them with melee weapons. I do not think I tried in sentinels - maybe that is where you remember it from.

My scout (who was my main character) was capable of throwing like 40 shuriken or doing 4-5 katana strikes to the head for 150-250 damage in one round, so if that were possible he could have owned them all with ease.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
And why, might I ask, are PKs so vital for you, Role-Player? I really don't see any viable reason why not just leave them out even if you're building the story on the original theme of SS. It's simple, really.

Crichton

Prophet
Well, it never even allowed me to target them with melee weapons. I do not think I tried in sentinels - maybe that is where you remember it from.

My scout (who was my main character) was capable of throwing like 40 shuriken or doing 4-5 katana strikes to the head for 150-250 damage in one round, so if that were possible he could have owned them all with ease.

I only ever played the original, so it can't be that, if I recall correctly, you had to be right in front of them. I don't know if it worked with any non-katana melee weapon since I never used anything else once I got it, and I don't know what happened if you didn't aim for the head since there was never any reason not to aim for the head with a melee weapon.

My scout (also the main character) was my primary method of killing the stupid things until I got a bunch of those shoulder-mounted laser cannons, of course right after that I got three of the laser-armed PKs so everyone could have a laser.

So in the final mission, I'm fighting a bunch of man-amp suited Cobra memebers, including one with a jet-pack and dual laser-cannons, and on my end, I have one invisable scout with katana and laser cannon, three man-amp suits with laser cannons and two snipers with laser cannons. And that's why I never played sentinals.

Jason

chasing a bee
The NWN thing isn't cool enough for him anymore. Or the Volourn involvement was too much to bear.

Back to SS, in case I haven't pointed it out enough, there's a No Panzerklein Mod for all the haters out there. There's also one for the Sentinels.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
I'm going to use the No Panzerklein's Mod on top of Role-Players mod. THAT'S RIGHT I WENT THERE.

Circuitbreaker

Liturgist
A little late to this Silent Storm party I guess but I would like to comment on the topic as well.

For me none of Silent Storm games (including Hammer & Sickle) managed to get everything right despite all of them having so much potential. I'm quite willing to support a serious attempt at this.

As far as the PK's go, they were no fun except for one mission in Sentinels, when Hammer forces attack your base in Switzerland. An extensive minefield (I had ample stock of mines thanks to the Random Storm mod) seriously hampered the advance of the PK's that weren't blown up. In the meantime my forces dealt with the regular infantry while the PK's somehow didn't dare to advance and didn't contribute much to the fight.

The problem with the PK's is that they have the characteristics of tanks as far as damage resistance goes but they have the spotting of regular infantry. The designers should have made a clear choice here. Keep the damage resistance and model them like tanks, so crappy spotting, PanzerFaust etc. should be quite effective against them. Or (much) less damage resistance and keep the infantry stats.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Gnidrologist said:
And why, might I ask, are PKs so vital for you, Role-Player?

They're another of the setting's elements which has been used in the games, and can still be used. They aren't vital to me; but bluntly put, I'm not going to simply yank them out of the game because a handful of internet pussies didn't like how they were handled, and can't even stand the things despite me telling them I'm looking into fixing their problems.

I really don't see any viable reason why not just leave them out even if you're building the story on the original theme of SS. It's simple, really.

Being condescending isn't helping your point. There's actually no viable reason why I should remove them when everyone's points against them are almost non-existing. Don't like Panzerkleins? Too bad, deal with it, move on. Didn't like how they worked? I said I'm planning on fixing several of their problems. Panzerkleins raped your dog? Get a new one.

Llyranor said:
Wait, are you taking up another project, you bloody loser?

Yes, honey.

baby arm said:
The NWN thing isn't cool enough for him anymore. Or the Volourn involvement was too much to bear.

Heh :) Cute, but no. I'm still working on that as well. The Neverwinter Nights 2 project is a top priority; this project is still way underdeveloped.

Stark

Liturgist
are you going to mod in meaningful dialog choices?

how about some good npc banter to add some personality to the companions?

other than that, the original setting is good enough. i do not care if the ww2 setting is overused. i do not even care if i only play from one side. what i care is some good role-playing oppurtunities, with good dialogs.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Meaningful dialogue choices based on character statistics or character actions? I am looking into having character choices determine several events in the campaign but until now these are mostly concerning optional missions and a handful of NPC interactions. I'm not planning on having it go on a more traditional CRPG route just yet, in the sense that a character with X value would persuade an NPC to do this or that and so on. But character decisions and actions will have meaningful consequences throughout several instances of the campaign.

NPC banter might come in at a later time, but I'll look into it.

I should let you know that I'm focused more on working with the best of the original game, namely the combat. While it's not ruled out, I can't promise you that the mod will have what you're looking for.

Stark

Liturgist
Role-Player said:
Meaningful dialogue choices based on character statistics or character actions?

based on character action, is mostly what i am looking for. Let player decision have an impact.

Role-Player said:
I should let you know that I'm focused more on working with the best of the original game, namely the combat. While it's not ruled out, I can't promise you that the mod will have what you're looking for.

the combat part we already have plenty in SS and its expansion. the urge to play through yet another mod with just combat is less appealing to me this moment.

good luck with the mod. i can provide more input if you have more details to share. :wink:

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Thanks. The major aspects of input I was looking for until everyone decided to whine on Panzerkleins were the alternate history segments, namely just what would serve as a credible - not necessarily realistic - chain of events that would resurrect ghosts of war.

On one hand, there was what I had mentioned earlier, the invasion of a partitioned West Germany block by Thor's Hammer causing all the forces involved to engage in war again. This removed the German campaign which in a way is unfortunate because I would like to explore the German side of things in the context of allowing players to play through a campaign which was actively trying to fight for world domination rather than salvation. Since this scenario leaves German out of the picture, it meant leaving it all to Thor's Hammer and players only playing from British, American and Russian/Soviet perspectives.

Problem is since I haven't played Sentinels, I'm still not entirely sure of just how viable this approach is. For one if my project happens after the events of Sentinels, then it would likely be set closer to the Cold War than World War 2. Also, since Thor's Hammer already made a last move for power in Sentinels - and I assume, storywise, they were thwarted - then having them as a major catalyst would probably be contradictory.

An alternate route is to present the different campaigns in a way that they each happen in the same setting, but under different stages. For instance, the British campaign would happen parallel to the more standard events of the setting, with things like the SAS organizing assaults on German airfields or to play through some 30th Assault Unit's covert ops; while an American point of view could happen in the same place but deal with different situations or groups such as the Marine Raiders before they were disbanded in 1944 (*). Something else could be happening that crossed over with Silent Storm events, and something else could tie into Hammer and Sickle.

I could sub in a German campaign in there somewhere but if the setting's storyline goes how I think it does, then it would be somewhat fruitless because Germany lost the war there as well. Giving players a German campaign than telling them "You are a l33t Nazi bastard! Unfortunately, Uncle Adolph shot himself and all your work was wasted. Thanks for playing!" wouldn't be that good. Hence why I was trying to come up with an alternative to have Germany be a viable campaign.

(*) Note that I don't think I'll try to depict actual regiments or units; I'm just giving examples. I can just as well create fictional groups for the same purpose.

bryce777

Erudite
So, let's recap this thread and the mod that will result:

1. Panzerkleins rock! In some inexplicable way I refuse to divulge to you punyminded fools. Anyone who says otherwise is a whining loser. They will be much better in the mod, but I wont tell you how.

2. I am going to continue the story arc for the game. Nevermind I haven't played any games but the first one and have no idea if my plot idea even makes the slightest bit of sense. Nevermind that the balance was dramatically tweaked in the second game either.

3. This mod will be brought to you by someone who a) is working on a NWN module and b) is working on a NWN module with VOLOURN, who is obviously a creative and talented fellow whose vast skill reserves should be utilized for the greatest good.

Uhm, to answer the original question, I think not in this case.

Llyranor

Liturgist
Wait, this is your WW2 project. I see.

You should definitely play out Hearts of Iron II: Doomsday. Lots of opportunities for 'what if' outcomes, as well as a built-in WW3 Doomsday scenario where the US nukes Mother Russia post-WW2.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
I'm sure all that WW2 research was conducive in deciding that stupid giant robots were an integral part of the war that changed the world.

PANZERKLEINS = NO MORE FREE RIDES

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
bryce777 said:

Yes, let's take a gander at the brilliant opportunity you wasted to remain quiet and having us assume you couldn't be as stupid as your last post proved you are.

1. Panzerkleins rock! In some inexplicable way I refuse to divulge to you punyminded fools. Anyone who says otherwise is a whining loser. They will be much better in the mod, but I wont tell you how.

Panzerkleins were much maligned in the game because of their obvious lack of balance, yes. When did I ever disagree they were unbalanced or that they didn't work as well as they should have? On the contrary, I've said this multiple times in this thread. Apparently, you were the only one with the reading disability or the attention span of a gnat. I've also mentioned ways in which I'm looking into handling balance problems with the Panzerkleins, such as having heat affect Panzerklein and pilot performance, as well as introducing some Panzerkleins which will exchange speed for power or resistance. Reducing their damage thresholds so they are more easilly damaged by conventional weapons is also in the works, coinciding with some of the suggestions given.

Your constant attempt at trying to falsely accuse me of saying something I didn't only leads me to believe you either can't read and comprehend simultaneously, are trying to make yourself relevant here by acting like the class clown to some private and inbred circle jerk which provides you with the personal gratification you desperately need without having to masturbate, or are assuming it's other people that can't read your libel and therefore can't point out the bullshit in your argument. So, which is it?

2. I am going to continue the story arc for the game. Nevermind I haven't played any games but the first one and have no idea if my plot idea even makes the slightest bit of sense. Nevermind that the balance was dramatically tweaked in the second game either.

Being oblivious to what's being discussed isn't helping your case. I've made the thread to share the concept and to ask for suggestions in regards to several things, including storyline. I've explicitly stated that no definite storyline is finished precisely because of some story elements which I've yet to analyze. You're also confusing sense with continuity, as a plot can be make sense yet show continuity mishaps. But this is moot as there isn't one yet to begin with.

3. This mod will be brought to you by someone who a) is working on a NWN module and b) is working on a NWN module with VOLOURN, who is obviously a creative and talented fellow whose vast skill reserves should be utilized for the greatest good.

Your use of fallacies might impress fifth graders but your glaring struggle to make a point just died in the face of this last desperate attempt. Like the rest of your argument, there's enough holes in your logic to drive an SUV through it and unfortunately for you, the stupidity, moronic antics and poor reasoning you're dragging yourself through isn't enough to save your image. You should have remained in the relative self-imposed obscurity you were in - at least there you might have had a shot of others maintaining some sort of idyllic image of who you were, as opposed to reading your pathetic posts in this thread and being utterly disappointed with what was really there.

Your lack of support of my project is a selling point.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
aweigh said:
I'm sure all that WW2 research was conducive in deciding that stupid giant robots were an integral part of the war that changed the world.

I'm sure your inability to understand that the entire project isn't based on them also influenced your confusion between armor suits and robots.

People shouldn't be afraid of H5N1; stupidity is proving to be much more contagious.

bryce777

Erudite
Wow, you really did make me laugh long and hard with this reply.

I said panzerkleins are TOO FUCKING SLOW. YOU said they were unbalanced. See that, ME vs YOU. You never responded to this unless I lost it in your hilariously pompous bloviating. I could care less about the balance because honestly I beat basicallyt he whole game without using them, but they are too fucking tedious to walk around in. As for what is GOOD about them, you make no explanation. Fact is, nothing is really good about them.

I am not trying to put words in your mouth, but just pointing out you completely failed to address my issue (and without doing so I would never consider playing your mod), and you completely failed to back up your stance on panzerkleins, which everyone but you thinks are idiotic.

"Being oblivious to what's being discussed isn't helping your case. I've made the thread to share the concept and to ask for suggestions in regards to several things, including storyline. I've explicitly stated that no definite storyline is finished precisely because of some story elements which I've yet to analyze. You're also confusing sense with continuity, as a plot can be make sense yet show continuity mishaps. But this is moot as there isn't one yet to begin with."

Hmm, let's look at the title of the thread, shall we? Would we consider playing your mod. Not "Settings for a silent storm mod.". Also, what I said stands regardless. You are making a fucking mod that incorporates a history you know nothing about. What is the point in that? Highly illogical, captain....

"Your use of fallacies might impress fifth graders but your glaring struggle to make a point just died in the face of this last desperate attempt. Like the rest of your argument, there's enough holes in your logic to drive an SUV through it and unfortunately for you, the stupidity, moronic antics and poor reasoning you're dragging yourself through isn't enough to save your image. You should have remained in the relative self-imposed obscurity you were in - at least there you might have had a shot of others maintaining some sort of idyllic image of who you were, as opposed to reading your pathetic posts in this thread and being utterly disappointed with what was really there."

I had not intended to form a formal argument, as anyone who actually KNOWS what an argument is would realize. It is simply my opinion that your mod is not something that appeals to me, and these are the reasons why. This volourn person has a giant tag that says DUMBFUCK!!! right in his profile, and with every psot he finds ways to live up to this name. I seriously have to wonder about someone who would even consort with this clown at all, let alone who would bother to make a mod witht he fucking guy. As for NWN in general, it's a wellknown fact NWN fans and especially modders are a bunch of goddamned nancies.

Role-Player said:
bryce777 said:

Yes, let's take a gander at the brilliant opportunity you wasted to remain quiet and having us assume you couldn't be as stupid as your last post proved you are.

Panzerkleins were much maligned in the game because of their obvious lack of balance, yes. When did I ever disagree they were unbalanced or that they didn't work as well as they should have? On the contrary, I've said this multiple times in this thread. Apparently, you were the only one with the reading disability or the attention span of a gnat. I've also mentioned ways in which I'm looking into handling balance problems with the Panzerkleins, such as having heat affect Panzerklein and pilot performance, as well as introducing some Panzerkleins which will exchange speed for power or resistance. Reducing their damage thresholds so they are more easilly damaged by conventional weapons is also in the works, coinciding with some of the suggestions given.

Your constant attempt at trying to falsely accuse me of saying something I didn't only leads me to believe you either can't read and comprehend simultaneously, are trying to make yourself relevant here by acting like the class clown to some private and inbred circle jerk which provides you with the personal gratification you desperately need without having to masturbate, or are assuming it's other people that can't read your libel and therefore can't point out the bullshit in your argument. So, which is it?

Being oblivious to what's being discussed isn't helping your case. I've made the thread to share the concept and to ask for suggestions in regards to several things, including storyline. I've explicitly stated that no definite storyline is finished precisely because of some story elements which I've yet to analyze. You're also confusing sense with continuity, as a plot can be make sense yet show continuity mishaps. But this is moot as there isn't one yet to begin with.

Your use of fallacies might impress fifth graders but your glaring struggle to make a point just died in the face of this last desperate attempt. Like the rest of your argument, there's enough holes in your logic to drive an SUV through it and unfortunately for you, the stupidity, moronic antics and poor reasoning you're dragging yourself through isn't enough to save your image. You should have remained in the relative self-imposed obscurity you were in - at least there you might have had a shot of others maintaining some sort of idyllic image of who you were, as opposed to reading your pathetic posts in this thread and being utterly disappointed with what was really there.

Your lack of support of my project is a selling point.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
bryce777 said:
Wow, you really did make me laugh long and hard with this reply.

The feeling is mutual when I read your posts.

I said panzerkleins are TOO FUCKING SLOW. YOU said they were unbalanced. See that, ME vs YOU. You never responded to this unless I lost it in your hilariously pompous bloviating. (...)I am not trying to put words in your mouth, but just pointing out you completely failed to address my issue (and without doing so I would never consider playing your mod)

Bullshit.

bryce777 said:
Well, the issue is they were intolerably slow. Unless you can change that then 99% of the people out there will dislike your mod if it centers around them.

Role-Player said:
Some prototypes will attempt to trade speed for power while others will try to do other tricks...

bryce777 said:
I agree this guy is the only one I have heard of who actually liked them."

Role-Player said:
Which part of "I enjoyed the concept but not the implementation" do I have to repeat in order for you to get it?

bryce777 said:
"Well, the issue is they were intolerably slow. Unless you can change that then 99% of the people out there will dislike your mod if it centers around them."

Which you never agreed with, so I assume you don't plan to do so, which would make this mod about as fun as masturbating with a cheesegrater.

Role-Player said:
bryce777 said:
Which you never agreed with

I said I didn't like their implementation, which should have been enough of a clue that I actually agreed.

so I assume you don't plan to do so

I said I was planning to work out some of the problems with them and even mentioned the inclusion of a new kind of Panzerklein that traded speed for power, which should also have been enough of a clue that I plan to fix those - and other - problems.

bryce777 said:

Role-Player said:
Panzerkleins were much maligned in the game because of their obvious lack of balance, yes. When did I ever disagree they were unbalanced or that they didn't work as well as they should have? On the contrary, I've said this multiple times in this thread.

No, you didn't "lost it". You just decided to participate in this thread in a manner befitting a knuckle-dragging ape rather than actually reading what was being discussed. Another example of your lackllustre attempt at trying to sound offended and claiming I haven't said anything regarding your point:

Role-Player said:
Panzerkleins (...) I enjoyed their concept but the application was most definitively flawed, as I said so myself here.

The 'here' had a link to a post I made some weeks ago on these forums:

Role-Player said:
Another problem is that you only get PKs by the time you almost don't need them: not only are the last missions quite possible of doing without PKs they sometimes are best played without them as they burn too many APs which could be better served if the team members were on foot, but there's also not much of a reason to use them otherwise as most story missions will have been finished, missions which they would probably be of better help instead of by the end of the game where there are plasma weapons which can kill a PK pilot with a couple of headshots.

I bolded out that segment in particular as it clearly refers about speed. Not that I would need to, given anyone that's barely literate and isn't in a coma would have gotten the point across. So again, what is your problem - feigned or genetic stupidity?

As for what is GOOD about them, you make no explanation. Fact is, nothing is really good about them. (...) and you completely failed to back up your stance on panzerkleins, which everyone but you thinks are idiotic.

Panzerkleins are an extension of the story and using Thor's Hammer as a primary plot catalyst would very likely draw them in by association. I made no stance on Panzerkleins or rather, no stance about what was good about them - because I've repeated time and again they weren't. I've repeated they were unbalanced, flawed, and not all they could have been, as well as saying I was looking into addressing their problems. But apparently for you it seems claiming they have problems of various kinds is saying they are good. Unfortunately, that's exclusively a problem of your limited comprehension.

Hmm, let's look at the title of the thread, shall we? Would we consider playing your mod. Not "Settings for a silent storm mod." Also, what I said stands regardless.

Had you read the first post, you'd have noticed I asked for opinions regarding possible storylines; had you read any of my posts you would have seen that very same question appears multiple times. Blaming others for your ineptude isn't going to bail you out.

You are making a fucking mod that incorporates a history you know nothing about. What is the point in that? Highly illogical, captain....

False, not only because it suggests I would already in the proccess of incorporating it - which I'm not for reasons previously discussed - but also because the issue is not about not knowing nothing about the story I'm incorporating, but rather not knowing if the story is compatible with what has been previously established. There is a difference, although I suspect you're not going to get it.

I had not intended to form a formal argument, as anyone who actually KNOWS what an argument is would realize.

Judging from previous attempts of yoursI suspect it's not about intending to form a formal argument. You just seem unable to do it.

It is simply my opinion that your mod is not something that appeals to me, and these are the reasons why. This volourn person has a giant tag that says DUMBFUCK!!! right in his profile, and with every psot he finds ways to live up to this name. I seriously have to wonder about someone who would even consort with this clown at all, let alone who would bother to make a mod witht he fucking guy.

Yet he makes more concise and logical arguments than you've yet to display being able.

As for NWN in general, it's a wellknown fact NWN fans and especially modders are a bunch of goddamned nancies.

Keep working on those formal arguments. I hope you don't try to do them for a living.

bryce777

Erudite
"Had you read the first post, you'd have noticed I asked for opinions regarding possible storylines; had you read any of my posts you would have seen that very same question appears multiple times. Blaming others for your ineptude isn't going to bail you out."

Hey dumbfuck, I see that. You say that after the discussion has begun, and the part in your first part is just that, just a part.

All your 'bullshit' responses are witty and well thought out.

"No, you didn't "lost it". You just decided to participate in this thread in a manner befitting a knuckle-dragging ape rather than actually reading what was being discussed. Another example of your lackllustre attempt at trying to sound offended and claiming I haven't said anything regarding your point: "

I am not going to read the whole fucking forums to get a fucking answer, and I did not notice your link anyhow. You can have the fucking courtesy to come out in plain english and say PANZERKLEINS WILL BE FASTER. That's not just courtesy, but the basic ability to communicate with other human beings, which is an area you sadly lack, instead going into logwinded fusilades of verbiage that say very little.

"Panzerkleins are an extension of the story and using Thor's Hammer as a primary plot catalyst would very likely draw them in by association. I made no stance on Panzerkleins or rather, no stance about what was good about them - because I've repeated time and again they weren't. I've repeated they were unbalanced, flawed, and not all they could have been, as well as saying I was looking into addressing their problems. But apparently for you it seems claiming they have problems of various kinds is saying they are good. Unfortunately, that's exclusively a problem of your limited comprehension." I suppose I inferred that from your adamance about using them and your rather hysterical reaction to any complaints about them. My reading comprehension is fine, but when one does not actually fucking address points people bring up directly then they have to try to read things into the tea leaves presented.

And again, you fail to address why you would make a continuation of a story when you don't know the whole story. It's just fucking idiotic and makes me question why anyone would bother with a mod you made.

"False, not only because it suggests I would already in the proccess of incorporating it - which I'm not for reasons previously discussed - but also because the issue is not about not knowing nothing about the story I'm incorporating, but rather not knowing if the story is compatible with what has been previously established. There is a difference, although I suspect you're not going to get it." The difference is meaningless. You are making up shit in a universe you know nothing about, which only a fucking idiot would do.

"Judging from previous attempts of yoursI suspect it's not about intending to form a formal argument. You just seem unable to do it.

Quote:
It is simply my opinion that your mod is not something that appeals to me, and these are the reasons why. This volourn person has a giant tag that says DUMBFUCK!!! right in his profile, and with every psot he finds ways to live up to this name. I seriously have to wonder about someone who would even consort with this clown at all, let alone who would bother to make a mod witht he fucking guy.

Yet he makes more concise and logical arguments than you've yet to display being able.

Quote:
As for NWN in general, it's a wellknown fact NWN fans and especially modders are a bunch of goddamned nancies.

Keep working on those formal arguments. I hope you don't try to do them for a living."

You have to be joking about vollie. YOU HAVE TO BE. no one int he history of history makes less sense. Even when I find myself in agreement with him, I gape in disbelief at his 'reaoning' when he bothers to offer any.

As for me, well, let's see. I ahve two degrees in computer science and one in math,a nd I have gained (and lost) millions on the basis of being able to use logic. You might in fact say I am an expert in logic.

When you make an argument, you try to prove something. trying to prove your mod is going to suck would be impossible but I could make this simple argument:

I dislike games made by idiots
you appear to be an idiot
therefore, I will not play your game

A simple, easy, indisputable argument. Perfect, flawless, and beautiful.

Crichton

Prophet
I think your problem here Role-Player is that the two things you've explicitly mentioned including (GI-Joe and Voltron) are two of the things that practically everyone who played Silent Storm hated. Now you can try to figure out what exactly was so objectionable about these things and try to include whatever scraps people found palatable, but that would take a lot of very in-depth and level-headed disscussion....

And this is the Codex, so FUCK YOU AND YOUR PANZERKLEIN MOD, FARGOT!@!!1!11

Deacdo

Liturgist
I'd just like to see a quality S3 mod, period. If some of the issues in the game were corrected, that would be a big bonus.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
bryce777 said:
I am not going to read the whole fucking forums to get a fucking answer

Yet you decide to enter a thread and make an argument against someone without reading everything the person had to say, then piss all over yourself by claiming I hadn't answered you when it's been given to you enough times, then act like an internet newbie who storms some forum and demans everyone give him the answers he wants.

It's amazing that someone who levelled criticism at Bethesda for including gameplay elements that appealed to short attention span gamers in Oblivion also turned out to be a potential costumer.

and I did not notice your link anyhow.

That's your problem, not mine.

Hey dumbfuck, I see that. You say that after the discussion has begun, and the part in your first part is just that, just a part.

And since the question is there, it should be fairly obvious that it was meant to be debated as well rather than being glossed over and assumed to be missing.

You can have the fucking courtesy to come out in plain english and say PANZERKLEINS WILL BE FASTER. That's not just courtesy, but the basic ability to communicate with other human beings, which is an area you sadly lack, instead going into logwinded fusilades of verbiage that say very little.

The guy who failed to understand that Panzerkleins would be faster after having being told so about three times is telling the guy who explained it to him he lacks in the ability to communicate with others. The irony is delicious, but it doesn't really excuse the fact you're just bumbling through the thread trying to obscure your lack of argumentation with hyperbole, fallacies and overall boorishness.

And again, you fail to address why you would make a continuation of a story when you don't know the whole story.

Because originally the continuation would only address Silent Storm. Since Sentinels and Hammer and Sickle are connected, I felt I should incorporate their events and timeline. Then again, I didn't have to as the mod, having the advantage of just being in the planning stages, can just touch on the story elements I want and not necessarily on those of the expansion and the game in the same setting.

It's just fucking idiotic and makes me question why anyone would bother with a mod you made.

You failed to address why you would make a continuation of your argument when you didn't know the entire argument of the opposing side. Which makes me question why anyone should bother to listen to what you have to say at this point.

The difference is meaningless.

Funny how it's meaningless the minute it proves your sentence structure was inneficient in representing your intended statement, therefore making the difference actually very important.

You are making up shit in a universe you know nothing about, which only a fucking idiot would do.

The very fact I am aware of the setting insofar as Silent Storm is concerned already disproves yet another of your lies about how I don't know anything at all. Furthermore, I wouldn't even need to know about the story at all because this is a creative exercise that's entirely dependant of me. "Making shit up" in a setting is also what many videogame companies do when it comes to licensed products. Go figure - all of them, idiots.

That may seem idiotic to you but then again, you seem idiotic to me so maybe it's all in the perspective.

You have to be joking about vollie. YOU HAVE TO BE. no one int he history of history makes less sense. Even when I find myself in agreement with him, I gape in disbelief at his 'reaoning' when he bothers to offer any.

So he doesn't make sense to you yet you find yourself in agreement with him. Well, that's logic!

As for me, well, let's see. I ahve two degrees in computer science and one in math,a nd I have gained (and lost) millions on the basis of being able to use logic. You might in fact say I am an expert in logic.

My condolences to your employees; you obviously weren't honest when applying for whatever position you might currently hold.

When you make an argument, you try to prove something. trying to prove your mod is going to suck would be impossible

You mean all your venting, hyperbole and stupidity aimed at nearly all that I've discussed here was just a pointless exercise to justify your histrionic ego trip? Well, how about that!

A simple, easy, indisputable argument. Perfect, flawless, and beautiful.

You say you dislike games by idiots but since you've just said I appear to be one - rather than being one - just means that despite all your bleating and a clear need to vent your obvious frustrations into all directions, you haven't said I'm an idiot. By association that means that despite all your bleating, none of that really says you won't be playing the mod.

It's bad enough you can't make actual arguments; you also can't make facetious ones. Just stop trying, you're embrassing yourself now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom