Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

My BIG LIST of things that SUCK about Guild Wars

Sarvis

Erudite
Volourn said:
Don't use bullshit.

So then I shouldn't refer to you?

Oh, I found another reason why Guild Wars will suck: I'll be buying it later today unless EB turns down my old shitty games.

EEP!

From what I gather, GW is like any other MMORPG but with better graphics, no fees, and some problems - major and minor - like every other game. It sounds like it's worth a monetary risk.

Pretty much, yeah. The no monthly fee thing is pretty key though.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Your worst nightmares are found as I know own you as I own Guild Wars!

MUAHAHAHAHA!!!

Installing now..

Fez

Erudite
Guild Wars - now with 50% more semi-colons!

So far it seems Guild Wars holds up pretty well in it's niche, and against other multiplayer or MMO RPGs. We'll have to wait and see how long people will be satisfied with it. It's the kind of game that can be altered a lot over time by the developers, thanks to the way they can update it.

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
Saint_Proverbius said:
They have decent character systems with gobs of skills, actual item crafting as opposed to shopping with twenty types of currency like Guild Wars has, and so forth.

eeeh! I've not played EQ2 but in original EQ farming for crafting sucked monkeynuts and until Velious was a total waste of time; and then it became an even greater waste of time but with some small payoffs if you weren't in a decent guild. I had an inky smith. You thought the Xp treadmill was dull; try clicking combine enough times to get you up to master levels :roll:

EQ's skill system was pretty pointless anyways (I take it you mean the ones added on to expand the post-60 game in Luclin?). The 'choices' were no-brainers, especially for those in high-end guilds. All melee = hp and resistances, Cleric = buffs and mana, pure casters = mana and DD output, druids/shammies = buffs and sticking snare/debuffs

Soloing in EQ was a grand waste of time. My first character was a necromancer. That class is only good for soloing and it quickly became very boring. The only reason I played for as long as I did was because I knew most of the people in my guild and that made CRs not so tedious.

I don't have the inclination to start playing another MMORPG so I have no gripes with you taking a pop at it, but using EQ in comparison only makes it seem half-way decent. Hell, when EQ first came out it was full of all kinds of wierd buggy shit. Snaring the rafts and boats was my favourite.

dirk

Novice
guys i dont know wether to get guild wars or not. on one hand i never played a mmporg. on the other hand all the games ive previously got due to rpgcodex suggesting them have sucked. on another hand i dont have anything better to do.

Sarvis

Erudite
dirk said:
on the other hand all the games ive previously got due to rpgcodex suggesting them have sucked.

ROFL!

It's it's any comfort the Codex doesn't really recommend it, Saint_proverbius in particular.

I like it, and my tastes are about as anti-Codex as they come. ;)

Volourn

Pretty Princess
SP is a cry baby. GW is a good game. Not great; but fun. The thing about it is that you CAN solo if you so wish so if you can't find anyone you don't need dinks to go on a murder spree with....

Sarvis

Erudite
Saint_Proverbius said:
I got bored with it in less than a week. It's just not that good of a game.

I got bored with Fallout in less than two days. It's just not that good of a game... ;)

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Yeah; but you are a dumbfuck - title or no - so your opinion is moot. Plus, you think Dungeon Seige is the best RPg ever. So, meh.

Sarvis

Erudite
Volourn said:
Yeah; but you are a dumbfuck - title or no - so your opinion is moot. Plus, you think Dungeon Seige is the best RPg ever. So, meh.

That's the second time you've made that mistake...

Second Chance

Liturgist
Sarvis said:
Saint_Proverbius said:
I got bored with it in less than a week. It's just not that good of a game.

I got bored with Fallout in less than two days. It's just not that good of a game... ;)

Fallout can be finished in two days :lol: And that's if you do all quests! :lol:

It's just not that good of a game... ;)

lilyve

Novice
I am in a guild with some friends and ex daoc players from hib excal. The guild were are in atm is called Deadly, although we may change back to being called Vengeance(our old daoc guild).I find GW quiet fun, the pve isn't bad and has a story line u follow. The pvp is fast paced and really interesting aswell. It would be nice to see more ex DAOC peeps around though.And i would agree to what was said earlier, there isn't really any community in this game, but if your in a nice enough guild then it doesnt matter so much.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom