Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Favorite NWN Modules

Atrokkus

Erudite
While NWN's main story/campaign was so utterly, irrevertable fucked up, the godly Aurora toolset filled the gap, and actually made NWN one of the best RPGs ever [casts Shield against Flame]. Not by itself, but by the wide variety of modules that are out there, made by gamers for gamers, and last but not least, with no money-persue whatsoever (which is both a blessing and a curse, guess it's obvious).

So, the topic is about your favorite modules.

Mine are:

Shadowlords -> Dreamcatcher -> Demon series. A very rich module series, both RP and combat-wise. Very thoroughly done. It's more storydriven tho, freedom is limited, and the modules' structure is campaign-like.

Elegia Eternum - a strictly story-driven linear RPG, but the story is very innovative and quite deep at times. Very atypical.

Tortured Hearts (author: SubBassman) - this is THE BEST RP-module I've ever seen! It's totally non-linear, contains a rich story, myriads of dialogs, and so many other cool RP features that it's just fucking awesome. Most of your skills affect the gameplay, your every dialog option can affect not only the npc reaction, but the whole outcome of the game.
The general plot is that an adventurer ends up in a city totally unknown to him, right in the heart of internal conflicts, feuds and a new threat from the drow. And you are thrown into that whirlwind, totally unaware of whom to turn to, whom to trust, and whom to stab. You're on your own, and it's such a cool, realistic feeling. Few full-fledged RPGs achieve such effect, and this single module rightfully stands very close to such RPG-titans as Baldur's Gate, Torment and Fallout. Minimum playlength - ~60-100 hours
And it took the author over 2 years to polish this masterpiece. I guess Obsidian and Bioware should hire that chap immediately.
This module totally rocks, all you RPGamers out there just HAVE to play it.
(required both expansions)

Honor Among Thieves - haven't played yet, but expect it to be superb.

that's all for now...[/url]

Shagnak

Shagadelic
I have played the Shadowlords and Dreamcatcher series of modules and thoroughly enjoyed them. Haven't played Demon yet.

Played a little of Honor Among Thieves. Pretty good so far...but got side-tracked by something else.

That "Bone Kenning" module is meant to be pretty good. Make your own undead out of bits n bobs.
Will check out Tortured Hearts some time.
Cheers.

Shadowstrider

Liturgist
Tortured Hearts is exellent for sheer roleplaying in. However, Adam Miller's pieces are better, in my opinion, in their pacing. Granted I don't play many, I spend most my time developing for my PW.

That said, I've begun working on a single player module in my freetime, and already have some really 'neat' roleplaying features hammered out, the most prominent of which being my multi-faceted rep system(thoroughly checked and employed throughout the modules). If any of you guys are interested in helping me to test the single player mods shoot me a PM.

Atrokkus

Erudite
However, Adam Miller's pieces are better, in my opinion, in their pacing.
Totally linear tho, in kinda primitive black/white way. But still - a very solid campaign.
"Campgain," really, but not a full-fledged RPG.

That "Bone Kenning" module is meant to be pretty good. Make your own undead out of bits n bobs.
Played it already. Really great concept and a very successful implementation of them.
But there is one problem: it's not finished. Actually, it's quite cut off in the middle. But still really worth playing.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
mEtaLL1x said:
Played it already. Really great concept and a very successful implementation of them.
But there is one problem: it's not finished. Actually, it's quite cut off in the middle. But still really worth playing.
And unfortunately not compatible with HotU at the moment. Dammit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom