Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wolfenstein 3D still has a mod scene

Outrage justified ?

• yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Fens

Ford of the Llies
...and still gets people upset (you might remember that wolfenstein 3d was banned in germany because of the swastikas on the walls). the mod "Sonderkommando Revolt", a game depicting the jewish uprising in auschwitz by making you the one guy with a gun and a hate for nazis in a camp full of nazis, written by an israel based jew, just got cancelled due to concerns by the Anti-Defamation League. as you might have guessed by now - if you read GD too much - the anti-defamation league is a jewish organisation/lobby group fighting anti-semitism.

article in the jewish chronicle: http://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/42700 ... -cancelled

spong article with ingame footage: http://spong.com/article/23348/Backlash ... Video-Game

some pretty horrific sprites there... i give them that, but is it enough to create a "backlash" and "internet abuse" about an obscure mod to an 18 year old game ?

btw.: if you're wondering why your wolfenstein 3d didn't look as detailed as the one from the video, take a look at this

[edit]original kotaku article that made the whole thing public: http://kotaku.com/5712163/anti+defamati ... ppropriate

oscar

Arcane
So I guess Inglorious Baestards wasn't "a crude effort to depict Jewish resistance during this painful period".

Fens

Ford of the Llies
oscar said:
So I guess Inglorious Baestards wasn't "a crude effort to depict Jewish resistance during this painful period".
let me quote a comment from the escapist to illuminate the thought process that might have led to this perceived disparity:
[url=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/7.251480.9329035:18wty880]dudewithmorethan5000postsontheescapistforum[/url] said:
A movie can be engaging and yet not fun; a game cannot, unless it's just a bad game, games are designed to be engaging - it's the point of the medium, interactivity. If they aren't engaging then they aren't a good game, thus games are fundamentally different to movies in this area and should not be used to represent the Holocaust. Especially this game, which was pretty much just a typical FPS with Holocaust undertones.
*sigh*

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I read about this on some game news site and was all like AWESOME A GAME WHERE YOU PLAY A GERMAN GUNNING DOWN JEWS but then it was some shitty jew-made piece of shit where you play a jew killing nazis :x

racofer

Thread Incliner
b6bubc.jpg

:lol:

Fens

Ford of the Llies
so... who clicked on the "yes" option and why ? :genuine interest:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It was me. Just posting drunk on the 'dex, sorry, clicked the wrong option. Stiil, the results now look funny.

FPS games are supposed to be offensive and politically incorrect. That's the whole point of the genre. Take the game chess, for example. Chess is all about crushing your opponent, using violence and war. And in Mario series, you play as this fat Italian plumber who weighs a ton and stomps to death defenseless cute creatures and throws burning hot fireballs from hell at them-
and then there's World of Warcraft, where you are encouraged to kill animals and creatures instead of just avoiding them.

playing non-violent games just isn't fun because the male brain is competitive in nature and wants to be dominating/powerful/godlike and the ultimate form of domination/power is extreme pwnage - murder.

anyway.. the mod is pretty amateurish.. and gay in general.

SilentMRG

Literate
This is a big modification that started in 2014. At first it was bad, but over the years it became very good within the scope of brutalizing the whole thing.

Anyone who liked Brutal Doom will certainly like this one. Well, perhaps many already know about this mod, hehe.

Ash

Arcane
More weapons! More enemy types! More varied level design! More environmental interactivity! Shame it's still hitscan hell though. Very nice, might try this at some point. I never liked the original, it's less than half the game Doom is. It's from a transitionary time where game design was transcending its simple origins into something truly special, and id software didn't figure it out until the revolution of the mighty Doom.

Also love that the tesla gun is a PRECISION weapon instead of the blanket auto aim shit it is in RTCW/Wolf 2009. Looks like it could use some polish though, not leaving behind trails all over the screen like that so you can barely see.

SilentMRG

Literate
More weapons! More enemy types! More varied level design! More environmental interactivity! Shame it's still hitscan hell though. Very nice, might try this at some point. I never liked the original, it's less than half the game Doom is. It's from a transitionary time where game design was transcending its simple origins into something truly special, and id software didn't figure it out until the revolution of the mighty Doom.

Also love that the tesla gun is a PRECISION weapon instead of the blanket auto aim shit it is in RTCW/Wolf 2009. Looks like it could use some polish though, not leaving behind trails all over the screen like that so you can barely see.
Exactly mate! :timetoburn:

Here are two more:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/wolfendoom-blade-of-agony

https://www.moddb.com/downloads/wolfenstein-x-hearts-of-liberty-final-edition-complete-edition

The second link is a bit old, and the author simply stopped updating it. So, to run this mod you will need the ZDoom v2.8.1 engine: https://zdoom.org/downloads
In GZDoom and LZDoom it has black textures all the way through.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

It's a corridor shooter and the grandfather of all FPS games.
That music in the Brutal Wolfenstein 3D video is taken from Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom