Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wired bashes KotOR II

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords is a pretty good game."

Yeah, they sure bashed it hard. Calling something a "pretty good game" passes for bashing where you are from? Whatever. :roll:

That said, it's still a poorly written review.

DarkSign

Erudite
Sorry...typing fast. Sue me.

I will not be disappointment.I will not be disappointment.I will not be disappointment.I will not be disappointment.I will not be disappointment.I will not be disappointment.I will not be disappointment.I will not be disappointment.I will not be disappointment.I will not be disappointment.I will not be disappointment.I will not be disappointment.I will not be disappointment.I will not be disappointment.I will not be disappointment.I will not be disappointment.I will not be disappointment.

Damn forgot the "a"...oh well ...guess Im a disappointment.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Heh. No. I used the cool smilie to show I agreed with his assessment of the review...

protobob

Liturgist
KOTOR2 didn't dissapoint me, and I wasn't a huge fan of KOTOR1.

Better writing, a more interesting take on morality, better characters. I'm still undecided as to what I think about the plot.

I think KOTOR2 contains one of the best written characters to grace an RPG since Planescape.

That said, the Combat/RPG System is cloned from KOTOR1 with few changes. If you weren't impressed with it in KOTOR1 (I wasn't), your opinion won't change in KOTOR2. Playing it on the higher difficulty makes it a little interesting, vs. being a walk in the park at medium.

The biggest improvement is you start off with a jedi class.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"The biggest improvement is you start off with a jedi class."

Eh, to me, that's a weakness and is even worse than KOTOR1 where you at least had a a chance to be a non Jedi for awhile..

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Perhaps they learned from SWG"

Um.. No. Your logic failed here. the decision for the PC to be a Jedi from the start in KOTOR2 was made before SWG was even released.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
If only it was always this easy...

I love this thread. :cool:

Surlent

Liturgist
And that shows.... Lots of ppl on Obsidian are complaining about bugs.
Can anyone here comment that ?

The International Xbox version and PC version will have bugfixes though.
btw didn't Lucas Arts do the most QA for KotR2 ?
Maybe it's just coincidence, but Troika used outside (Activision's) QA for BL. Might internal QA be safer bet to crunch bugs ?

Stark

Liturgist
Lomer said:
Volourn said:

He thought that you made fun of his spelling :lol: .

Ha! he obviously dunno Volourn.

Kotor failed to interest me (I still fail to see why reviews after reviews praising it). Since Kotor 2 is more of the same, I guess I can give it a pass.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom