Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Why Xbox lost (video from former Xbox employee Laura Fryer)

deuxhero

Arcane
The console is called XBOX, but the logo is a sphere with an X carved into it.
Reminds me of their FTC filings, which say the next Xbox is/was planned to be an ARM based cylinder, so it would neither be DirectX nor a box.

911 Jumper

Educated
The console is called XBOX, but the logo is a sphere with an X carved into it.
Reminds me of their FTC filings, which say the next Xbox is/was planned to be an ARM based cylinder, so it would neither be DirectX nor a box.
That's hilarious. That reminds me that Brooklyn, the all-digital Series X refresh, was also depicted as a cylinder-shaped console in the recent leaks. It all just says “we don't care about maintaining a cohesive image”.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Sounds like she's mad she didn't get promoted. All her other observations are just things that were obvious to everyone after the reveal announcement.

Ravielsk

Magister
Are you saying the ps5's 7 exclusive games is what winning looks like?
Well 7 sure is a higher number than 0 so I would say yes, even if its a fairly pathetic yes.

Microsoft just in general seems to have this whole gaming business in reverse. Every successful console in history is first remembered for its games and everything else second but for some reason MS believes it can force its way into dominance via that "everything else".
The OG Xbox and the 360 are peak examples of that. Both were absolute peak machines of their era with the OG Xbox being ahead of the competition in almost every way. Problem is that MS basically expected everyone else to run their consoles instead of them. Once the initial wave of launch titles(and their most likely contractual sequels) dried up MS was never the one to pick up the slack and finance games of their own.

The end result are both consoles that you as the generation went on seemed more and more as single purpose appliances rather than gaming or multimedia hubs as on the surface the only difference between the 360 and PS3 was that the 360 has slightly more saturated colors in COD. Nobody will say it out loud but when you foster the perception that your brand has nothing of its own to measure up against the competition then its no wonder people jumped the ship the second the weather was less than sunny.

They fostered the idea that they are the loser brand. Yeah, maybe they sold better but the average person does not see that when they go to gaymstop. They see the shelves stocked with games not available on xbox and online nobody is making essays about the new Xbox exclusive COD cosmetics. But they sure as fuck will fellate Bloodborne till the end of time. Yeah, maybe it costs only 10 bucks to get all these xbox games for a month but who cares when everyone is convinced that its paying for 500+ reskins of the same two games?

I thin we can all guess the number.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom