Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Veloren

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Veloren

Welcome to Veloren!​

Veloren is a multiplayer voxel RPG written in Rust. It is inspired by games such as Cube World, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dwarf Fortress and Minecraft.

Veloren is fully open-source, licensed under GPL 3. It uses original graphics, musics and other assets created by its community. Being contributor-driven, its development community and user community is one and the same: developers, players, artists and musicians come together to develop the game.

In-game screenshot
In-game screenshot
In-game screenshot
In-game screenshot
In-game screenshot
In-game screenshot
In-game screenshot
In-game screenshot
In-game screenshot
In-game screenshot
In-game screenshot

Development of Veloren started in mid-2018. There are around 20 active developers working on the game, with another 20 artists, writers, designers, and composers contributing as well. Over 150 people have contributed to the project. Veloren currently has builds for Windows, Linux, and MacOS.

What are you waiting for?

https://veloren.net

Late Bloomer

Scholar
From their website regarding Steam

Will the game release on steam?​

We do plan to have a steam release in the future but it won’t happen until we think there is enough content for it to be ready for Steam. We believe that a steam release could turn away some players permanently if they are not satisfied with the first version they play. Moreover, as of right now, the game is not meant to be played by many, as it’s in pre-alpha. Many players would have demands and expectations that exceed the ones of a pre-alpha content which could harm the good development of Veloren in some ways.

Myobi

Liturgist
I like this, I'll keep an eye on it, thanks for sharing.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Been following this for a while.
I don't think it's quite there yet, but already fun to dive into at least for a while.

And definitely very promising if they can keep up the momentum.

ADL

Prophet
Veloren is great. It has already surpassed Cube World and I can't wait to see what another 5-10 years of open source development will lead to.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom