Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

911 Jumper

Educated
SSX Tricky
Remember when McDonald's used to have the game on the GameCube in these enclosures?

gQOsBAc.jpeg
Never seen them before. Those analog sticks on the purple and spice controllers have been destroyed.I actually had SSX Tricky on the GameCube – despite also having a PS2. Doing tricks with the GameCube's tiny GBA-style d-pad was an awkward experience. Tricky is my favourite entry in the series, though in hindsight, the “It's Tricky” / “Tricky” sound effects you get every time you land tricks can get annoying.

Hell Swarm

Educated
This is out tomorrow. It's a PS1-style horror game. Seems to be getting positive reviews (also available on PS5 irc)

Stuff like this is why I hate retro revivals. It is nothing like a PS1 game. It doesn't even look like a PS1 game because they confuse FMV renders with what the games look like. The camera doesn't work with the control system it's promoting and then they give an option to use 'modern' controls which destroys the balance. Tank controls limit movement making enemies a threat via no good escape options. Modern controls you can run circles round a monster and are never pressured by anything.

Likely waifu bait garbage so 0/10. Should have been a RPGmaker game.

911 Jumper

Educated
Stuff like this is why I hate retro revivals. It is nothing like a PS1 game. It doesn't even look like a PS1 game because they confuse FMV renders with what the games look like. The camera doesn't work with the control system it's promoting and then they give an option to use 'modern' controls which destroys the balance. Tank controls limit movement making enemies a threat via no good escape options. Modern controls you can run circles round a monster and are never pressured by anything.

Likely waifu bait garbage so 0/10. Should have been a RPGmaker game.
I agree. No interest in these PS1 revival projects myself. I'd rather play a real PS1 game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom