Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry Stupid Wizardry 8 Newfag Question...

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
I never finished wiz 8.
Then make haste, I hear a madman named Marten stole the Destinae Dominus. A new age is about to begin, don't miss it !

For an interesting perspective of what might have been the 'real' Wizardry 8 if DW Bradley had continued at Sir-Tech, check out Wizards & Warriors. It came out at around the same time (maybe a year earlier, I don't remember), but it has much better dungeons. However, it is more linear, feels rougher around the edges (especially the interface) and generally looks worse (although the animations are pretty great, as is the enemy variety).

It was notoriously difficult to get running on modern systems, but now it's pretty playable thanks to dgVoodoo (a DirectX wrapper). Sorry to plug my own thread, but http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...-running-near-perfectly-on-modern-oss.117830/

I feel it's an underrated game. You can run away from most encounters and it generally plays much faster than Wiz 8. The classes are great and multiclassing is reminiscent of earlier Wizardries, although it's much easier in W&W (no more rerolling for 1 hour to get a decent Ninja) and tied to specific quests from different guilds.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom