Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Stoneshard - open world roguelike RPG - now available on Early Access

Unwanted

Cologno

Unwanted
Neither, quit ga
Knowing how to manage your project is a skill. This is why I was so impressed by Battle Brothers' developers. These guys knew what was essential and what was "nice to have, but not so important right now".
BB's dev basically got severe burnt out and had to push the game out of the door. They just had something that is solid enough to have an audience. Otherwise, they would have become another studio that overreached and lied forgotten. They are wiser than teams that fell prey to sunken cost fallacy and left the project in dev hell with unwanted drama to boot. But it is more like they took a sensible course after mismanagement and ended up being rewarded for it.

BB devs taking advantage of German subsidies if anything. It has nothing to do with what you're implying.
Exactly, they cucked to ESG money which implies they follow all the rules that go with it. Don't try to play it like some good thing.

Trash Player

Scholar
Germany didn't even have any serious game subsidies back in 2017, nor is EGS a thing back then. These things are only in the picture later. They are taking the money for MENACE, not BB. I am talking about Overhype around BB's EA, thanks.
Were you people even following the development? Or do you get some sort of collective amnesia? It was a massive bummer when they announced no further development, no DLC and no official mod support due to burnout a few months after the end of EA. There were a lot of cut features regarding the more simulationist side of the game, like factions, economy and so. Everyone was lamenting the waste of potential then. The first paid content DLC only happened ~18 months later after some strong tail sales.

Harthwain

Magister
Were you people even following the development? Or do you get some sort of collective amnesia? It was a massive bummer when they announced no further development, no DLC and no official mod support due to burnout a few months after the end of EA.
I actually was - and quite close, too - and I don't recall any mentions of the alleged burnout.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom