Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Steam Deck - cRPGs

sser

Arcane
Developer
More of a JRPG, but Yakuza Like a Dragon runs really well on the Deck.

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
I'm playing ATOM - Trudograd right now and they made the Deck a 1st class citizen for playing it. Great work, it's very enjoyable.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm playing ATOM - Trudograd right now and they made the Deck a 1st class citizen for playing it. Great work, it's very enjoyable.
Those play well on SD? Hm, I'll have to associate my GOG library with this thing again.

Kind of a pain in the ass, but Galaxy worked OK. The EA client was the only one that was constantly fucky, but that piece of shit is wonky on desktop as well.

cruel

Cipher
It's a JRPG, not a CRPG, but when I was playing Trails in the Sky / Zero, it felt like those games were made for the Deck - very nice experience.

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
Those play well on SD? Hm, I'll have to associate my GOG library with this thing again.

Kind of a pain in the ass, but Galaxy worked OK. The EA client was the only one that was constantly fucky, but that piece of shit is wonky on desktop as well.
The build is tightly coupled with Steamworks inputs and so on, not sure the gog build will give you the same QOL, though.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

The build is tightly coupled with Steamworks inputs and so on, not sure the gog build will give you the same QOL, though.

Yeah, I'm not sure either. It seems to recognize executables as the Steam game they're from when I was messing around with it before, but I'm not sure if that's part of SteamOS or one of the plugins I'd had before identifying stuff. I might play around with it later and see if I feel the need for portable ATOM.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
71VedV9.png

About Linux for older games, Among ALL games in that list, only AD&D Deathkeep would`t run in Linux. In my steam library, I think that almost all games also run flawlessly. And yes, was playing BF1 while taking this screenshot. In fact, still playing(waiting in queue as there are few low ping operation servers available)

ind33d

Learned
most important thing about the Steam Deck is that it lets you play games while lying down, I am 100% sure that people have died from sitting all day and having a stroke

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom