Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Ezekiel

Arcane
Nifft Batuff: Banjo and Kazooie as a pumpkin in the level Mad Monster Mansion.

ferratilis

Magister
Whenever I ran into Jews in this game, trouble followed.

DdUMCvo.jpeg

P9aYzvO.jpeg

qjvDufW.jpeg

b63gh7A.jpeg

retroarch-2024-05-04-02-30-18-30.png

retroarch-2024-05-04-02-38-16-64.png

retroarch-2024-05-04-02-38-47-77.png

Ol boy fell to a quarterstaff backstab. Cleric/Thief is a fun class. In the end it was my cleric/thief and fighter/thief trading backstabs and chugging invisible potions. A few treasured companions were chunked, most of my team were either incapacitated from traps or dominated early on.

jackofshadows

Magister
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png

Turns out, I've missed the edgiest quest ever from 1.5, thanks to someone from Olympus thread for pointing it out.
When I told about this quest to a friend of mine, he said there's a missed opportunity to present mother with the kebab.

Anyways, did a FO2 run after all these mods
image.png
image.png
image.png

By the way, that's what I thought of when was playing Nevada with its le train which was retarded (there's no way railway track could be operational at that point) and lame when they instead could've somehow utilize the Oil Rig assets and make some kind of a space station where you would set off at in the end game.
image.png

Forgot to try Avenger vs him instead but traditionally was playing the Rig in iron man mode.
image.png

Again, while comparing this to the global mods I think it's a shame no one would try to expand further in terms of level and overall stakes, all were trying instead to scale everything down compared to FO2. Which could be too ambitious though for any modder team.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Playing Tomb Raider Remastered.

Here's an interesting comparison shot of the original graphics vs remastered graphics.
Notice any difference in the textures?

Ignore Lara's character model, I'm using a mod that makes all her outfits barefoot :M
Just look at the wall textures, particularly the trim at the bottom of the wall...

20240508155234-1.jpg

20240508155236-1.jpg

Tel Velothi

Cipher
Ignore Lara's character model, I'm using a mod that makes all her outfits barefoot :M

But here's the guy that will talk about how world is degenerate
I saw barefoot Lara and I knew it was you Jarl :3

Also - I've heard even that "reversed to original" graphics are not exactly the same as in REAL original. There are differences and not that small.
Gotta love that liminal space and empty, desolate feeling of early TRs

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Also - I've heard even that "reversed to original" graphics are not exactly the same as in REAL original. There are differences and not that small.
The biggest, most important difference is that TR1 original graphics have an increased draw distance which ruins the vibe of places like St. Francis Folly, which in the original is so tall you can't see down to the bottom. But with the draw distance increase you can, which ruins the first impression.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
The most amazing thing about Blood Omen 2 to me is how the ultra-puritanical Sarafan don't at all seem to mind that their lord is some kind of alien abomination with a burning green head.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png

Turns out, I've missed the edgiest quest ever from 1.5, thanks to someone from Olympus thread for pointing it out.
When I told about this quest to a friend of mine, he said there's a missed opportunity to present mother with the kebab.

Anyways, did a FO2 run after all these mods
image.png
image.png
image.png

By the way, that's what I thought of when was playing Nevada with its le train which was retarded (there's no way railway track could be operational at that point) and lame when they instead could've somehow utilize the Oil Rig assets and make some kind of a space station where you would set off at in the end game.
image.png

Forgot to try Avenger vs him instead but traditionally was playing the Rig in iron man mode.
image.png

Again, while comparing this to the global mods I think it's a shame no one would try to expand further in terms of level and overall stakes, all were trying instead to scale everything down compared to FO2. Which could be too ambitious though for any modder team.
Vindicator Minigun.
That's all that a Man needs.

Tel Velothi

Cipher
The biggest, most important difference is that TR1 original graphics have an increased draw distance which ruins the vibe of places like St. Francis Folly, which in the original is so tall you can't see down to the bottom. But with the draw distance increase you can, which ruins the first impression.
You can see ruins which ruins the vibe. I get what you mean man - it's the same with Morrowind's fog - and how infinite draw distance simply ruin the vibe of being lost + makes the world feel 5x smaller

jackofshadows

Magister
Vindicator Minigun.
That's all that a Man needs.
Technically, avenger is better actually with my build but that's kinda irrelevant at that point. Hence also the notion about raising the stakes etc. You can do a Rig clean up with far less min-maxed build, obviously speaking.

jackofshadows

Magister
Bozar is awesome w/o (before) sniper because of its "piercing" round and because of its accuracy (which is good while your skill is low or you lack PER). Later on it's clearly lose to other miniguns, I did use Bozar at the Rig just because did buy out way more ammo for it beforehand.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Another questionable texture change in Tomb Raider Remastered.

20240509161755-1.jpg

20240509161749-1.jpg

The original Palace Midas map was set completely underground, as you can see from the ceiling texture.
The remaster changed it to be open air. You can see the blue sky above you. This completely changes the vibe of the area, and not necessarily for the better because it doesn't make a lot of sense. Up to this point, you've been progressively going deeper underground. Saint Francis Folly is a mountaintop church and its main attraction is a vertical pit with several mythology-themed trap rooms (Neptune, Atlas, Thor, Damocles). You descend to the bottom of this pit to progress to the next level, the Colosseum.
In the Colosseum level, you again go downward to reach the next location.
It makes sense for everything to be underground.

But they made it open air for no reason.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom