Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Mortal Kombat 2 source code leaked

Baron Dupek

Arcane
https://exputer.com/news/games/mortal-kombat-2-code-leaked/

Major Takeaway
-Mortal Kombat 2’s source code has surfaced online and is available on GitHub for the community to download and scrutinize.
-The source code contains everything related to the game; all the canned assets, sprites, animations, and other particulars can be tinkered with in the code.
-Various fanciers on Twitter and Youtube have already documented the alluring details hiding beneath all of the leaked material.
-The leak will allow modders and the community to create more ports and mods that could breathe new life into the well-renowned nostalgic game.
-The source code shared on GitHub was revealed in the r/MortalKombat subreddit. The leak details all of the game’s canned assets, animations, sprites, and movesets that never saw the light of day in the version that was officially released.

The nostalgia of many fans has also shipped all over the web, documenting various details in the leak. One YouTuber, TehDrewsus, conducted almost a 3-hour live stream to explore the specifics of the surfaced Mortal Kombat 2 source code.

The YouTuber dives into details like the sprites of the Mortal Kombat 2 roster, background assets, sounds, coding, and much more. Moreover, TehDrewsus could seemingly not even explore half of all the leaked material. Another fancier on Twitter, Pegasus Kid, created a long thread to record all their findings.

When I was a kid I always found MK2 to be absolutely terrifying. It's the darkest game, but I think the original didn't had that darkness. MK1 is a cheese hongkong-ese kungfu movie with a silly plot and silly characters (and very awful comics which I collected). MK2 made me feel like hell was real... Many people feel like MK3 was a point of no return but I think they actually wanted to recapture the feel of the original game and also reconcile it with MK2's somber tone.

When I tried to make the 50 wins in a row to get Noob Saibot trick, my console crashed in fight no. 48.

Beastro

Arcane
When I was a kid I always found MK2 to be absolutely terrifying. It's the darkest game, but I think the original didn't had that darkness. MK1 is a cheese hongkong-ese kungfu movie with a silly plot and silly characters (and very awful comics which I collected). MK2 made me feel like hell was real... Many people feel like MK3 was a point of no return but I think they actually wanted to recapture the feel of the original game and also reconcile it with MK2's somber tone.

When I tried to make the 50 wins in a row to get Noob Saibot trick, my console crashed in fight no. 48.
I haven't followed the series since the Trilogy, but Baraka summed this up perfectly.

Haven't seen a wonderfully evil looking creation that good since the Alien Xenomorph:

228px-Baraka_mk2.jpg

iu

And I'm not surprised to see that every iteration of him ever since has looked less and less freakishly scary.

Baraka-via-Netherealm-Studios.jpg

Last edited:
Well for one you're looking at much more detailed models. But yeah the nosferatu mask had its own charm.

blessedCoffee

c3RyYWl0amFja2V0cyBmb3IgaW50ZXJuZXQgdXNlcnM=
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
:negative: If only the Fallout community could have this luck... I want the classic Fallout goodies leaked, dude.

Beastro

Arcane
Well for one you're looking at much more detailed models. But yeah the nosferatu mask had its own charm.
Yes, and it's a good reason why MK shouldn't have gone that route just as the majority of fully 3D model RTS' pale in comparison to their 2D predecessors.

Yes, and it's a good reason why MK shouldn't have gone that route just as the majority of fully 3D model RTS' pale in comparison to their 2D predecessors.
It was inevitable. MK was always about the graphics spectacle. And by 4 it was clear what they wanted to achieve with the series.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Bring back the goofy, over the top, 90s, brutal Mortal Kombat back!
Enough of this modern Mortal Kombat Marvel tier dogshit already.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom