Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Metaphor: ReFantazio Thread - Atlus JRPG by Persona Veterans

Jinn

Arcane
Those Bosch inspired enemy designs are fucking glorious.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
1713938344193.png

incline

REhorror

Educated
This is a friggin' recline.

I can't think of a GOOD reason why a Fatlus game with hot girls not having romance.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine

S.torch

Arbiter
Who's going to be their target audience now?
Good question. The game seems to be "romance but without romance". You will be forced to level up, talk, carry, and do everything for these guys that tag along with you, but you won't be able to develop any meaningful relationship. Basically a gacha system of shallow character developing.

Also, the same guys who are saying this is incline are probably the same guys who claimed FF16 was major incline. Not very good signal.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Is it just me or does the game look really bad in these screenshots? Just look at the ground, the sky or the hero model here:
Metaphor-ReFantazio_2024_05-07-24_004.jpg

And what is up with these character models? Catherina looks like some talentless modder slapped some animal ears on her and added some dirt:
Metaphor-ReFantazio_2024_05-07-24_031.jpg

Hopefully, the game will look better on a proper machine.

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
Is it just me or does the game look really bad in these screenshots? Just look at the ground, the sky or the hero model here:
Metaphor-ReFantazio_2024_05-07-24_004.jpg

And what is up with these character models? Catherina looks like some talentless modder slapped some animal ears on her and added some dirt:
Metaphor-ReFantazio_2024_05-07-24_031.jpg

Hopefully, the game will look better on a proper machine.
Shit character art style can not be fixed with 4k.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Yeah, that's true. I'm not a big fan of the art style in general. To me it feels like a bizarre mix of different styles which don't work together. Some people in this thread seem to like it, though, so maybe I'm just missing something.

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
Yeah, that's true. I'm not a big fan of the art style in general. To me it feels like a bizarre mix of different styles which don't work together. Some people in this thread seem to like it, though, so maybe I'm just missing something.
Enemy design is completely fine.
It's just the characters that look ABSOLUTELY out of touch, tbh.

REhorror

Educated
I like the character designs, they hot.

Reading this new preview, it might not be that bad:
https://www.gematsu.com/2024/05/met...rty-formation-gauntlet-runner-facilities-more
The protagonist will meet and befriend various people over his journey. As he continues to deepen these bonds, these followers will become his strongest supporters. Interaction with these followers is also an important part of the journey, as the strengthening of these bonds can lead to Archetype awakenings as well as the acquisition of various other abilities.
Not sure if I should pre-order tho.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom