Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ultima LRUMP - Low Resolution Ultima Map Project

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
This isn't Ravenloft, is it?

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I'd actually be more interested in text adventure descriptions from some old rooms of old games.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think it's from Super Mario Bros 3.

Yep.

And here's Hyrule: http://lrump.wordpress.com/2013/06/30/hyrule-from-the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-to-the-past/

place2.png

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
taxalot

How about an Utlima VII board game? :P

In this board game, much as in the original title, players assume the roles of classic Ultima personalities (presumably the Companions) and must work together to destroy the three generators, thwart the Fellowship, and ultimately destroy the Black Gate. There are also side quests to finish, dungeons to raid and clear, and a plethora of items to find and equip…including the Black Sword itself.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I get the disturbing feeling that an Ultima 8 with the old tileset is MORE FUN TO PLAY than the Ultima 8 we actually got. Just from that little video.

That's sick, mang.

mondblut

Arcane

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Holy shit, this is cooler than I was expecting. Someone should make a U1-4 style game out of this U8 map.

http://ultima8.ultimacodex.com/morgaelin/

An offshoot of Slashware, an old-school indie game developer that has since morphed into an IT consulting business, Pixals.co is slashgravatar’s attempt to keep the magic of the original Slashware going. He aims to eventually finish all of Slashware’s unfinished games, as well as pursue some “cool new projects”.

One such project is Morgaelin, which appears to be an offshoot of slashgravatar’s LRUM Project. Although at present he hasn’t released significant details about the project (other than some cursory development notes and a few screenshots), it would appear to be an attempt at an Ultima 8“demake” — a remake of the game using Ultima 4-era graphics and UI elements.

Ultima modders never disappoint!

Stabwound

Arcane
Holy fucking shit.

This is awesome!

:incline:

I'm familiar with Slashware; he's the guy that made a bunch of roguelikes back in the day, including CastlevaniaRL and a roguelike version of Escape From Mt. Drash. I can't believe this is happening. Pretty amazing; I hope he actually finishes it.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I am curious about how good this has the potential to be. Skeptical, that is ; the only thing Pagan had going for itself was its atmosphere which was remarkable. I sense no atmosphere from this video, and I doubt he can get a decent gameplay out of the U8 storyline.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom