Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

ArchAngel

Arcane
I think I am going to raise my score to 7.5/10, mostly due to experiencing some more cool quests and some more really good environmental effects (forest, night, storm, lightning creating light for 1s).
For higher than that it needs more gameplay. I cannot ignore all the empty walking/riding and too many fetch or go there and kill quests. Also there is nothing to find while exploring except a simple random encouter here and there.
The main quest where you attack that bandit camp was cool, doing battles with a group was fun and it is a shame so far that was only one.

Overall this game is worth 20e or so, anyone that paid more was cheated.
It is eyecandy and has interesting combat system with terrible UI but just not enough interesting content to be more.
Also feels too low level. Like playing FP boring version of Baldur's Gate 1 where you start as lvl 1 but by end of game reach lvl 3. And can only be fighter or thief.
And of course severe lack of variety of enemies.

Habichtswalder

Literate
I think I am going to raise my score to 7.5/10, mostly due to experiencing some more cool quests and some more really good environmental effects (forest, night, storm, lightning creating light for 1s).
For higher than that it needs more gameplay. I cannot ignore all the empty walking/riding and too many fetch or go there and kill quests. Also there is nothing to find while exploring except a simple random encouter here and there.
The main quest where you attack that bandit camp was cool, doing battles with a group was fun and it is a shame so far that was only one.

Overall this game is worth 20e or so, anyone that paid more was cheated.
It is eyecandy and has interesting combat system with terrible UI but just not enough interesting content to be more.
Also feels too low level. Like playing FP boring version of Baldur's Gate 1 where you start as lvl 1 but by end of game reach lvl 3. And can only be fighter or thief.
And of course severe lack of variety of enemies.

Some things that you criticized are actually what makes the game so unique and memorable for me. I loved the "empty" walking/riding because the game doesn't care about the open world 40-seconds-formula and instead relies on its incredible atmosphere. Because there were no hidden secrets behind every corner everything felt much more meaningful - even if I just found a mundane non-interactive landmark or a little grave with some loot.
KC:D is kind of a "slow" game, maybe comparable to RDR2 (though I never played RDR). Animations take longer than in other games, the nature/atmosphere is not just the background where the actual game takes place but a feature for itself, stuff like that. I think it needs a certain player type to enjoy that, others might see it as flawed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom