Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jagged Alliance 3 from Haemimont Games

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Now that I think about it, it just makes sense someone described as "prim and proper" would ironically get a nickname like "Buns" from her male-dominated mercenary peers. Of course they mean it to refer to her butt but she doesn't know that and wear the nickname with pride.

Just my headcanon.

razvedchiki

Erudite
postpone your visit in the refugee camp until you are ready. gather armor pearcing rounds and any gas masks you can find. then do an ambush of your won by placing your team in good firing positions around the colonel. sent one guy with heavy armor if possible to speak with him.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Finally got around to playing this, and I'm glad I did. Sure, it's not as good as JA2, but frankly nothing likely ever will be. This though? This is worthy of being a sequel even if it isn't as good. My complaints so far are mostly minor, maps feel small and some of the mercs I would have liked from the last game are gone. Oh, and you can't actually place explosives. Come on, let me place C4 isn't of throwing it around like an idiot.

I'm really digging the whole "characters automatically move out of cover to fire, then back in when they're done". Overwatch seems like a system designed to ensure everyone can get an interrupt even if they wouldn't in the past. I haven't actually used any of the character's active special abilities yet. This particular bit is blasphemy, but I like the dialog system more than in the last game. Minus the whole "THIS ACTION WILL HAVE MAJOR CONSEQUENCES!" I'm loving these machine gun encampments, which I'm sure I will until the enemy gets one and cuts down my team in one turn.

Currently, I have a team of my custom character, Igor, Ivan, The Fox and Kalyna. (Whatever the Ukrainian chick's name is) The opening island went pretty well, outside of making some assumptions about red barrels that turned out to be incorrect. Currently ended up at The Good Place after getting on the boat, it's going...well, we're there at night at least. Feeling out the enemy isn't going well, I do not have enough knives to take out these guys stealthily, and something tells me going loud is going to end badly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom