Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I miss resized images

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Before the revamp (last year?), inline images in posts:
* Were full size by default, no matter how huge
* Would be resized (basically into a thumbnail) if put into a [ quote ] section

Nowadays
* Full size by default, no matter how huge
* Still full size in [ quote ] sections, but now you have to expand and scroll down to see what it even is

I liked it way better when I could see a thumbnail of the image and decide whether to click and make it big. Now it's put behind a curtain and I end up not bothering to look at things much any more.

Would be best of all if images automatically rescaled to a reasonable size even when not in [ quote ], so folks could straight up post high res screenshots etc. without having to choose between breaking the window or shoving into quote tags.

ds

Cipher
Patron
Where do you see images breaking the window? Everything gets scaled down to fit in the post width for me:

CSS:
.bbImage{height:auto;max-width:100%}

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Where do you see images breaking the window? Everything gets scaled down to fit in the post width for me:

CSS:
.bbImage{height:auto;max-width:100%}
You're probably right, maybe they don't punch out of the window. I do see plenty that are colossally huge without my approval though :)

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Well ackshually you can resize images after clicking on them.

1683213273058.png

2SiTlim.png

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
You can also upload an image, and then click the image when it appears at the bottom of the post editor and it lets you insert a thumbnail which will blow up when clicked.

I've started doing that on my giveaways.

Also on the giveaway note, is there any chance of us getting the "Choose from a list" function back anytime soon? It's really useful for doing raffles.

Zombra

Patron
After seeing a few more planet killers, I thought about this a little more and it would be nice if huge images defaulted to scaling down to a modest size, like the size of a YouTube video preview, not the whole window. Then if a poster wanted to make it huge they could drag it bigger I guess.* Seems like a lot of folks aren't aware of scaling controls and just post colossal shit regardless of how annoying it is to scroll past.

*Even better: suppose they can't. Would that be so bad? If a reader wants to upsize a gigantic image they can always click on it.

ds

Cipher
Patron
I can see the point of automatically downsizing images in quotes but I like the full-width images otherwise, especially in image-heavy threads - would be annoying to have to click every image just to see all details.

Maybe train your middle finger muscles so you can scroll faster. Or adjust your scroll wheel settings. Or use a user style to set a custom max-width. Or use a narrower browser window size. So many options.

Zombra

Patron
Maybe train your middle finger muscles so you can scroll faster. Or adjust your scroll wheel settings. Or use a user style to set a custom max-width. Or use a narrower browser window size. So many options.
All these options are dumb. Turning my 16:9 monitor into a phone width screen is not a solution. But thank you for your problem solving spirit.

Also agree that there's no perfect solution that works for both image threads and text threads. Willing to go out on a limb and say readability of text threads is more important.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom