Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Hibernaculum - sci-fi survival horror dungeon crawler from Wormwood Studios' Victor Pflug

Hydro

Educated
how is build variety in this game?
I predict it being very limited with the major emphasis on atmosphere snd style. Which would be disappointing really.

Hydro

Educated
I draw my conclusions from that little info I am given. I am not expecting this to hit the builds variety of say Underrail.

What’s that Elvira? Sounds horny.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Animation/SFX test for Hibernaculum, Horror Sci-Fi RPG game that builds upon classic dungeon crawlers from a forgotten era. Survive the many dangers the Ship has to offer in your own way, with in-depth character creation & wide varying combat, quests, survival management and a driving grind to auger your character into the deepest reaches of... The Hibernaculum.

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
I am not expecting this to hit the builds variety of say Underrail.

Mention Underrail is completely retarded, since this game belongs to a different sub-genre. The games that draws inspiration from have nothing to do with build variety. It's like expecting puzzles from a strategy game.
Hibernaculum should be judged only if it manages to be a good successor of those games that tries to ape. The core pillars of those games are atmosphere, puzzle-solving, exploration, and to a lesser degree survival.

I predict it being very limited with the major emphasis on atmosphere snd style. Which would be disappointing really.

Lands of Lore was also limited combat/build wise, doesn't mean it was disappointing.

Hydro

Educated

Mention Underrail is completely retarded, since this game belongs to a different sub-genre. The games that draws inspiration from have nothing to do with build variety. It's like expecting puzzles from a strategy game.
Hibernaculum should be judged only if it manages to be a good successor of those games that tries to ape. The core pillars of those games are atmosphere, puzzle-solving, exploration, and to a lesser degree survival.

Lands of Lore was also limited combat/build wise, doesn't mean it was disappointing.
The question I replied to was about builds.

Victor Pflug

Wormwood Studios
Developer

You replied to a question directed at me - but go ahead and explain how environment/room objects & enemy disposition & mindset affects attack rolls for us :)

Victor Pflug

Wormwood Studios
Developer
featuring analog hardware & several period specific synthesizers (MT-32 era).
I dabble in music production in my spare time and love all that analogue stuff, can I ask which ones you use?
Anything I can afford that has a pedigree p much lol - I build my own units though.

Attachments

• SYNTHBUILDTHUMBNAIL1b.png
    SYNTHBUILDTHUMBNAIL1b.png
    863.2 KB · Views: 16

Victor Pflug

Wormwood Studios
Developer

Gonna tackle this as you seem to be in the scant few actually willing to discuss game mechanics lol

So - Elvira has zero influence on Hiber combat mechanics. We lean on yeah, Lands of Lore but really more Westwood's earlier EoB, & build on that.

AD&D 2e is the foundation for us as it was for Westwood but, well, like the Hiber literature out there mentions; we bring cRPG sensibilities and a survival mindset into THAT system.

Or at least God help me, I'm trying.

Hydro

Educated

You replied to a question directed at me - but go ahead and explain how environment/room objects & enemy disposition & mindset affects attack rolls for us :)
Aww man sorry for hijacking the question. When you’ll be able to tackle your butthurt, I’d be glad to hear more about those cool mechanics :smug:

kangaxx

Arbiter
featuring analog hardware & several period specific synthesizers (MT-32 era).
I dabble in music production in my spare time and love all that analogue stuff, can I ask which ones you use?
Anything I can afford that has a pedigree p much lol - I build my own units though.
Is this Eurorack shenanigans or pure building your own shit from scratch? I'm less up on that, but kudos if so. The sounds in your videos are fucking outstanding in my opinion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom