Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Helldivers 2

Tehdagah

Arcane
Warframe and Fall Guys required account registration after the games were released. Zero outrage.

Inb4 "people on Congo can't play Helldivers 2"
https://www.eurogamer.net/sony-admitted-the-great-psn-hack-five-years-ago-today

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/classr...-steal-sony-playstation-players-personal-data

I think there's a few more reasons than being able to play with people in the Congo.
EA was hacked as well, Apex Legends is still one of the most popular Steam games.

they specifically talked about how it would make it easier to ban people and police what they say and do in the game. this was a big one for me. #1, people saying gamer words or griefing have been the tiny exception that proves the rule: this isn't actually necessary and we don't need hall monitors. leave game/kick player is always an option. if you're friendless to the point where you get "harassed" by random people all the time, the problem is you. so this, and the fact that sony is the least secure console network (also the fact that pc players shouldn't have to deal with any console bullshit)
Do you think Epic, EA etc don't do the same?

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Don't play EA games or games on Epic.
Seriously, people are making this out as some sort of approaching doom. If Sony is going to start forcing this account shit to play their games... don't buy them? I haven't touched any ubisoft/ea games for ages for that exact reason. It's not like we're living in some sort of gaming dark age. I could spend the next 5 years trying to clear my backlog without feeling like I was finished with it.

There's always going to be easily exploited suckers for companies like Sony to feed on. I say leave them to it and move on. I've got games from 5 years ago I still want to spend 100+ more hours in. If you don't as well, you've got shit taste or have been living under a rock.

rumSaint

Novice
Don't play EA games or games on Epic.
Seriously, people are making this out as some sort of approaching doom. If Sony is going to start forcing this account shit to play their games... don't buy them? I haven't touched any ubisoft/ea games for ages for that exact reason. It's not like we're living in some sort of gaming dark age. I could spend the next 5 years trying to clear my backlog without feeling like I was finished with it.

There's always going to be easily exploited suckers for companies like Sony to feed on. I say leave them to it and move on. I've got games from 5 years ago I still want to spend 100+ more hours in. If you don't as well, you've got shit taste or have been living under a rock.
This is the way.

People cry that publishers are acting like assholes forcing lootboxes, shitty games, season passes and then they still buy it. Like what do they expect? It always baffles me how people can spend like 100$ on cosmetics in game, and then come to cry on leddit that company released another skin that is recolor for 150$.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
It is important to know why the players won this time, so the victory can be repeated in the future.
They didn't win. Sony now know they have to force a PSN account at launch and can't add it later. Every PS game going forward will have this as a requirement. Probably even if it's single player. It's not even a bloody nose for Sony. They learned a way to turn the dildo sideways as they fuck you and you think it's a win they didn't do it this time.
Warframe and Fall Guys required account registration after the games were released. Zero outrage.

Both games are online multiplayer only. Of course they'd require an account.

Caim

Arcane
Is the game worth getting if you don't have friends to play with? Just go with randoms?
Depends. Do you like being paired with one of these groups at random?

- Expert speedrunner who just bolts off, leaves you in the dust and the time you catch up the area's objective has been completed
- Absolute bumblefucks who get you killed, then get mad at you if you tell them to stop
- Dudes who just murder you intentionally, then get mad at you if you tell them to stop
- Some Chinese dude who yells at you in Chinese for reasons you don't understand

deama

Prophet
- Absolute bumblefucks who get you killed, then get mad at you if you tell them to stop
- Dudes who just murder you intentionally, then get mad at you if you tell them to stop
- Some Chinese dude who yells at you in Chinese for reasons you don't understand
I don't think I mind those.

- Expert speedrunner who just bolts off, leaves you in the dust and the time you catch up the area's objective has been completed
I mind this one though, are there a lot of these?

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Even difficulty 8 is full of tards who bring mortar spam to bug exterminates and somehow don't know you can kill shrieker nests and spore spewers with EAT/RR/Quasar from across the map instead of losing 10 lives in a row to them.

The Decline

Arcane
Is the game worth getting if you don't have friends to play with? Just go with randoms?
Depends. Do you like being paired with one of these groups at random?

Man that really doesn't match my experience so far. I put everyone on mute and I haven't run into anyone intentionally trying to fuck up the game. I have encountered speedrunners before though only a couple times.

ultimanecat

Arcane
You can solo comfortably up to a certain difficulty, some players even solo the harder difficulties, but you’re not really playing the same game once the goal starts being to avoid enemies and whatnot.

Difficulties 4-6 are where the the worst players congregate. Difficulty 7 may have some numpties trying to collect the “currency” only available in high difficulties, but they are at least playing to finish the mission and probably not trolling.

Once you get to levels 8 and 9 anybody you’re playing with pretty much has to know what they’re doing at least a little bit.

Worst experiences I’ve had are getting kicked from the game randomly or occasionally people throwing me into the shitshow when reinforcing. Sucks but honestly not that aggravating.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Worst experiences I’ve had are getting kicked from the game randomly or occasionally people throwing me into the shitshow when reinforcing.
Throwing you towards a bile titan or tank is totally expected and a meta move at this point. Throwing you into a horde of hunters is a noob/dick move.

Just play difficulty 9. Trial by fire and in a few games you realize it's really not that hard.

That being said, the game has completely run it's course with me even without the Sony drama. There's nothing to do in it and they keep nerfing the good guns.

https://www.eurogamer.net/sony-admitted-the-great-psn-hack-five-years-ago-today

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/classr...-steal-sony-playstation-players-personal-data

I think there's a few more reasons than being able to play with people in the Congo.
EA was hacked as well, Apex Legends is still one of the most popular Steam games.

they specifically talked about how it would make it easier to ban people and police what they say and do in the game. this was a big one for me. #1, people saying gamer words or griefing have been the tiny exception that proves the rule: this isn't actually necessary and we don't need hall monitors. leave game/kick player is always an option. if you're friendless to the point where you get "harassed" by random people all the time, the problem is you. so this, and the fact that sony is the least secure console network (also the fact that pc players shouldn't have to deal with any console bullshit)
do you think i give a fuck?

I don't think I mind those.

I mind this one though, are there a lot of these?
the reason people do it is because players like you like to stick around and kill over 9000 enemies for no real reason, wasting all the resources instead of progressing the mission :|

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom