Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Dominions 6 - Rise of the Pantokrator: The New Decline a.k.a ProfessionalThroneSitters MP Match (Ongoing!)

In what age should we play?

• Early Age

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Middle Age

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Late Age

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Did Ubar get domkilled by a random event?

Nah Ho Mo just finished the job. Ho Mo was defending fort from me but I guess he decided to teleport in and murder the las of Ubarites.

Dayyālu

Arcane
I see Abysia's blood saccing like a madman though, so not sure if the Pantokrator's temple checks were even necessary to snuff them out

I am deliriously happy to be in a fucking cave and don't have to deal with Heat5 bloodsac Abysia. Not that he's hostile or anything

But it's Heat 5 bloodsac Abysia

On other regards, I feel for Sauro: he parries me and he can't parry Mekone, but I'd gladly put up a great memebattle if I had the foggiest idea in how to deal the Wailing Winds+Dread Sacred spam

All the testing I run have horrendous results

EDIT: Also new patch, LA Pyrene out, prolly the most degenerate nation ever bar Hinnom and not even then

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
WTH, story events are on ?

View attachment 49099

This is the last freaking time I take misfortune scales.
Look here for foreshadowing to the domkill

I see Abysia's blood saccing like a madman though, so not sure if the Pantokrator's temple checks were even necessary to snuff them out
Ahh so this is WHY my dominion is so small and doesn't even cover my land.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
So here I am, domkilled by some unknown force, reflecting on this first Dominions MP games. Some thoughts :
- The plan was to break into blood as soon as possible, and use my pretender to get S/D/B access. While I believe it was not totally stupid, I fucked up by choosing an immobile pretender that ended up doing research, while any expander or titan would have been more useful. Bless was ok but Ubar has something like 1 sacred troop so I should have spent my design points elsewhere. Choice of scales was also not very good, but now I understand better how they work.
- I can understand why Ubar is considered top Tier. If left unchecked and able to develop in economy and research, their overpowered units will steamroll any semblance of opposition. Ifrits in particular will destroy any kind of regular troops. I believe I underestimated them and could have won much bigger with them.
- However, on the other end, if the economy fails, you won't be able to afford any good unit at all. This, with the lack of national summons and sacred, make Ubar very dependent a couple units. I should have used more camel raiders, they were reliable, cheapish, and with a wizard on board they would have made decent raiding parties, instead on wasting all my income on precious jinns and ifrits. Also all mages are expensive, so I lagged behind in research all the time. I must say I am a bit disappointed with Ubar, it felt very much a one-trick pony.
- Taking misfortune was a mistake. While I'm not convinced it plays well with Ubar, it did costs me two provinces on the first year taken by indies and indy heroes, who wrecked an expansion stack and cut my unfortunately shaped territory in two, depriving from a few provinces income for a couple months. Overall, considered how difficult this game was for me, I did not need the RNG to come and strike me further.
- Extension was painful, and when I started to get it done I was attacked by T'ien Chi on beginning of year 2. And then it went worse and worse for three whole years. The good side is that hardships makes you learn. I believed I learnt a lot.
- Like loosing three sultans in a single battle to some nerd casting Magic Duel because I did not realize they all got the +S path. It's six turns and 2500 gold worth gone in a whim. Even if I eventually won the battle, I believe this was the turning point. For 2500 gold I could have built a fort with an assorted stack. Here I ended broke and commander-less.

Bonus :
Absolutely Halal.jpg

My badly designed pretender.

Nevertheless it was overall great and complex fun. Diplomacy was interesting and really brought the game to another level. So thanks to all, see you next one.

Trash Player

Scholar
On other regards, I feel for Sauro: he parries me and he can't parry Mekone, but I'd gladly put up a great memebattle if I had the foggiest idea in how to deal the Wailing Winds+Dread Sacred spam
Sauro doesn't get WW natively though. Pretender?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Ho Mo doesn't even to be there for me to lose huh :negative:

Liquid form Heavy Infantry is some bullshit. I can't believe everybody is stuck trying to kill a fucking infantry with 1 fucking HP forever

Dayyālu

Arcane
I only say that the Kailasa battle was so fucking close.

G8MIl83.jpeg

Lack of reinving was a killer, the Devi needed just an inch more.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Yeah this is sort of a lesson learned as well. It's useless having 7 attacks if you are spent after killing skllingtons
7? Bro just hit your friendly Ulm, we can do better - quickness x multiple attack weapons x shields with secondary effects, I accept payment in installments.

Johannes

Arcane
Yeah I wouldn't have expected to win the battle with Ho Mo taking an impromptu vacation, nice relief. Having 100+ existing corpses in the province from the previous battle, for raising dead, played a good part.

Yeah this is sort of a lesson learned as well. It's useless having 7 attacks if you are spent after killing skllingtons
7? Bro just hit your friendly Ulm, we can do better - quickness x multiple attack weapons x shields with secondary effects, I accept payment in installments.
Quickness would just tire her out even faster

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom