Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

ArchAngel

Arcane
Literally anything blizzard touches turns to shit dude.
Recently yes. Starcraft 2 was their last good game. D2 Remastered also is decent but that one was made by outside studio.
But D4 is way less shit than D3 and I am only playing it because it came to Gamepass.
And it is still better than LE. Hopefully POE2 delivers, until then I might try D4 season 4 (I want to try summoner Druid, season 4 is supposed to have buffs for minions) and that new aRPG with more souls like combat that is coming.

motherfucker

Educated
D2 Remastered also is decent
D2 remastered was atrocious technically, ridiculous load times(m2 SSD and all that) and FPS roughly equal to that of D4. Biggest disservice to the game that could have been outside of fucking with mechanics/content.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
You also don't really want to kill anything along the way as level scaling makes it pointless to do.
Bro what? During the campaign, areas are set to a certain level so if you don't level you'll eventually start getting your shit kicked in. You never played past the first two acts, did you?

You need to finish the campaign to unlock tier 3 anyway and that needs lvl50, so I ignored 90% of side quests, did the aspect dungeons and ran thru most mobs and still ended lvl52 at the end.(and that was after they locked wt3 to lvl 50). There is zero incentive to level while traveling to quest objectives.

Just play path of exile (it's better) :smug:
I have.. since closed beta. I've played it too much. Campaign is still worse in PoE. But during endgame you feel like you have a goal better than what D4 does.
D4 campaign is terrible. In most quests half the time you are just going to the quest objective that is in random place without any structure. What I mean is starting at town then you are sent to a place at the corner of the map, then you need to interact with something and go to another location that is on the opposite side of the region (later quests are even ping-ponging you around different zones too). You also don't really want to kill anything along the way as level scaling makes it pointless to do. Another terrible aspect is scripted unskippable dialog that drags too long.
That depends if you are playing it as a RPG with cool cinematics and passable conversations or you are playing it as a Diablo like where all you want to do it finish and level up so you can play endgame.
By your comments you were playing it as 2nd options when it is designed to be played as 1st one.

I would be kind of like playing C&C games campaign as practice for MP afterwards. So you skip all movie parts and complain about all missions with no base as those do not exist in MP later.

Except C&C story and fmvs are entertaining, while Diablo 4 ones are insanely bland and boring.

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
That depends if you are playing it as a RPG with cool cinematics and passable conversations or you are playing it as a Diablo like where all you want to do it finish and level up so you can play endgame.
By your comments you were playing it as 2nd options when it is designed to be played as 1st one.
This is some kind of bizarro world shit take.

"The reason everyone else thinks D4 sucks ass is that it's 2RPG4U! :obviously:"

Are you high?

ArchAngel

Arcane

Are you high?
Everyone thinks is sucks ass because of lack of proper endgame and too casual character building systems, at least those are most of the reasons I read about. And I agree with those.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Are you high?
Everyone thinks is sucks ass because of lack of proper endgame and too casual character building systems, at least those are most of the reasons I read about. And I agree with those.
I've seen a variety of comments about how the campaign and campaign ending sucks too. I agree with those. I don't even know how anyone can be bothered with endgame given how boring the entire gameplay loop is tbh.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane

Are you high?
I've seen a variety of comments about how the campaign and campaign ending sucks too. I agree with those. I don't even know how anyone can get be bothered with endgame given how boring the entire gameplay loop is tbh.
Gameplay loop does suck unless you can minimize using basic attacks.
I just need one of two uniques and at least for druid I can make gameplay loop fun.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
-50% just half a year after release on Steam
sm.png

covr

Prophet
Patron
There's supposed to be some big update in May - any chance to make this game better? I have not played it, but might check in in a month or two. I am not interested in MMO shenanigans, just pure single player campaign experience. Is the game better now vs at release?

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
For just pure single player campaign experience, the game is OK. You'll still encounter some players in open world though.

Game is fundemenrtaly flawed on many levels so just new itemization won't save it, they need some expansion level of upgrades for D4.

Yosharian

Arcane
There's supposed to be some big update in May - any chance to make this game better? I have not played it, but might check in in a month or two. I am not interested in MMO shenanigans, just pure single player campaign experience. Is the game better now vs at release?
Yeah so supposedly the latest PTA had some quite decent changes, people are saying that the game might be significantly better. I picked up the game since it's 50% off, gonna try it out when S4 drops. I did enjoy what little of the SP campaign I experienced in the open beta so I'll probably just play through that and then quit when I get bored.

abija

Prophet
Better? It's heading at full speed towards D3 seasons soulless crap. This time with 3-4 production teams instead of a small mentenance crew.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Two biggest improvements coming are UI for Aspect crafting which is super irritating right now and big boost for companions, both skeleton and animal. Also some endgame stuff but that is less important as endgame sucks in any combination in D4. Real endgame improvements need 30 new bosses with more mechanics and well as fixes to resource generation, more skills for classes and stuff.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The plot thickens...
sm.png

Blizzard Cancels Blizzcon 2024

After careful consideration over the last year, we at Blizzard have made the decision not to hold BlizzCon in 2024. This decision was not made lightly as BlizzCon remains a very special event for all of us, and we know many of you look forward to it. While we're approaching this year differently and as we have explored different event formats in the past, rest assured that we are just as excited as ever to bring BlizzCon back in future years.

Over the next few months, we'll be sharing more details about our launches coming later this year, including World of Warcraft: The War Within and Diablo IV's first expansion, Vessel of Hatred. To celebrate these upcoming releases and to bring our communities together in new and special ways, we will soon share some exciting plans for other industry trade shows and conventions like Gamescom. We can't wait to tell you more about those plans soon. We're also looking forward to the Overwatch Champions Series' stops at both Dreamhack Dallas and Dreamhack Stockholm. And we're thrilled to be planning multiple, global, in-person events to commemorate the 30th anniversary of Warcraft, which will be held in addition to the in-game celebrations across our Warcraft games throughout 2024. While these events are distinct from BlizzCon, we're harnessing all of our creativity and imagination to ensure that they carry the same spirit of celebration and togetherness.
https://www.techpowerup.com/321891/blizzard-cancels-blizzcon-2024

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom