Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company of Heroes 3 - set in the Mediterranean theatre

Cassar

Savant
Did this flop in sales/reception?
Critical reception was good but the community have been review bombing it on Steam. I find it a decent game with some good QAL improvements and four reasonably balanced factions but apparently it angered a lot of fans because it didn't have as many maps, balance passes and battlegroups/commanders as the 10 year old COH2...there's literally people who've played the game for hundreds of hours giving it negative reviews. I don't know about you but the only way I'd play a game for hundreds of hours was if I actually enjoyed it.

Not sure if these redundancies are anything more than the usual house cleaning that goes on after a big release or an indicator of a deeper malaise.

There was nothing good about this game's reception. The initial sales were very low and it droped so far that it almost has no players now. COH 2 has more than double its players. Meaning, almost double of a very low number. This being a console game made for controllers also angered a lof of people who claim various design aspects gimped or neutered because of that shit decision. The game feels and looks cheap and unpolished.

Gutting almost half the studio is not a redundancy nor usual. Its because every game they released in the last decade after COH 2 failed to engage people. Relic is probably a game away from not existing anymore. Their next game is gonna be a smaller, much cheaper one because of this. And almost 100% some console manure, who will of course fail again because of this

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
kQbK8ma.png

Yea, it's quite crazy...

DemonKing

Arcane
Recent patch (1.6) is actually quite good to the point where it's pretty much where it should have been at launch (only a year os so late). They finally have a Surrender option in multi, in game profiles with stats sorted out so you don't have to tab out to a webpage to check your standings, Replays and other basic stuff that should have been there from the beginning.

There's also some free new Battlegroups available and they've more than doubled the number of multiplayer maps from the initial offering.

Drakortha

Liturgist
They finally have a Surrender option in multi
Does surrender actually work this time? After all these years the surrender option in COH2 is still fucked. If someone on a team leaves the match and a team mate triggers surrender immediately after, it gets hung up waiting on a vote from the player who just left. The issue is even worse because the moment someone on a team leaves is the most likely time someone will decide they want to surrender... I got stuck in so many hung matches because of that shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom