Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

BattleBit Remastered — the 254-player, voxel-based 'Battlefield Killer'

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
I got this a little while ago and I liked it for the short amount that I played. I just have to get used to every class being able to revive fallen teammates.
It's neat, right? The revival/ticket system really rewards playing in squads too, though I'm not sure how long it'll take for people to appreciate that. :P

Supposedly the best way to rank up (i.e. unlock more stuff) is to play a medic, though that'll also likely mean getting pew-pew'd down as you follow someone you're healing into something dumb. The trouble with trusting others to be wise on your behalf!

puur prutswerk

Magister
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I got this a little while ago and I liked it for the short amount that I played. I just have to get used to every class being able to revive fallen teammates.
It's neat, right? The revival/ticket system really rewards playing in squads too, though I'm not sure how long it'll take for people to appreciate that. :P

Supposedly the best way to rank up (i.e. unlock more stuff) is to play a medic, though that'll also likely mean getting pew-pew'd down as you follow someone you're healing into something dumb. The trouble with trusting others to be wise on your behalf!
It mostly made me feel like an asshole, because I'm new to the game and didn't know. Some guy actually sounded in pain when I rushed past him and he begged me to revive him.

Luka-boy

Arcane
I got curious and checked the Steam reviews and forums. There is a lot of talk about the devs announcing they plan to implement Faceit anticheat in the near future.

Eirinjas

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Graphics remind me too much of Minecraft. Low-poly is fine, but why couldn't they style it any other way, maybe like Interstate '76?

Y7fGg.jpg

I agree. I think it looks like LEGO Call of Duty. I can't get past that.

Beans00

Erudite
Battlefield has been shit for like 15 years (2142 was the last good one) and dead for like 5 years.

What battlefield killer? It killed itself with 2042.

deama

Prophet
I tried playing this for a few hours couple weeks ago, but didn't like it much, refunded it.
I don't really play battlefield types of games, not modern ones at least.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
I think almost everyone sceptically regarding the graphics as some impassable wall, would get over it if they just tried BattleBit for five minutes. You really do forget about the “Minecraft” comparisons in no time.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I tried this game but could't like. Din't liked much the maps and honestly, I hit a headshot with a SSG 69, followed by a body shot at 100m and the enemy just turned 180 and with a single SMG burst, killed me. I hate this games that makes weak cartridge firearms outdps full power rifles against armor. It makes no sense. I loved playing BF1 with my M1903 springfield, I have over 1400 hours in BF1.

The unqiue thing that I hate in BF1 is suppression. This game, I din't liked graphics, din't liked gunplay, din't liked the guns presents in the game, din't liked the maps...

Beastro

Arcane
Lots of people packed into a small area with no room to maneuver

I'm instantly reminded of mortar spam from Battlefield 1 back when it was OP. Just sit in the back and watch your kill count skyrocket.

Meatgrinder gameplay is great if you don't actually have to participate in the meatgrinder.

:troll:
I loved using the mortar to warp inside of building spaces where I couldn't be touched and going wild shooting people.

The air hangers and the Enterprise island were awesome for that because an ammo crate was within reach, nothing could stop you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom