Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Nobody forced them, it's the canon they chose to showcase.

Barbarian

Arcane
Paladin is seriously overpowered in 5e isn't it? Along with Cleric. No other classes come close.

Two most powerful classes by far. Bard maybe 3rd place.

Also honour mode really makes the game so much better and more challenging. Specially on the matter of action economy. No more 9 attacks per round with fighter bs.

Larianshill

Arbiter
I've never once felt powerful when playing paladin in BG3, but that's probably because I went for the shield build in the game with nerfed Shield Master. A bunch of enemies you'd expect paladin to be good against, also have radiant backlash for no reason at all (Raphael is a notable example, but not the only one), and I'm pretty sure there's more of them on the harder difficulty too.
Cleric is pretty good, mostly carried by spirit guardians - it has the same problem as the paladin with radiant damage, but you can just choose necrotic.

Yosharian

Arcane
Paladin is seriously overpowered in 5e isn't it? Along with Cleric. No other classes come close.

Two most powerful classes by far. Bard maybe 3rd place.

Also honour mode really makes the game so much better and more challenging. Specially on the matter of action economy. No more 9 attacks per round with fighter bs.
Swords Bard is probably the strongest martial (lol) class in BG3. Sorc is the best caster.

Barbarian

Arcane
As a solo character maybe not, but as part of a group cleric is certainly op. Shadowheart is by far the best companion to have as the only cleric. No other class comes close on the matter of buffing and utility.

Combined with Paladin it gets even more ridiculous. Bless + aura of protection with a 20 charisma pally means 5 + 1d4 on every single saving throw. That is seriously unbalanced. And it is not larian homebrewing, that is the ruleset.

The items in the game also push things in that direction. Hellrider's pride might be the single best item in the game even though most don't speak about it - that is considering how early you get it. It allows you to give your entire party blade ward as a bonus action.

I've never once felt powerful when playing paladin in BG3, but that's probably because I went for the shield build in the game with nerfed Shield Master. A bunch of enemies you'd expect paladin to be good against, also have radiant backlash for no reason at all (Raphael is a notable example, but not the only one), and I'm pretty sure there's more of them on the harder difficulty too.
Cleric is pretty good, mostly carried by spirit guardians - it has the same problem as the paladin with radiant damage, but you can just choose necrotic.

My first playthrough was with a pure class assassin on tactician. Many fights were slogs and uphill battles, specially bosses with high-hp. You had that one sneak attack where you hoped to roll high damage and you had that one guaranteed crit if you surprised enemies(very situational). Felt very underpowered compared to every single martial or caster class.

High charisma and high strenght pally on the other hand will buff himself and the entire party to hell and back and have the single highest damage potential of any class.

The one thing that bit me in the ass playing oathbreaker was getting "aura of hate" upon reaching level 7 on chapter 2. Took me a while to realize pretty much all enemies in the chapter were getting extra damage equal to my charisma modifier.

Balduran buttfucking a dragon/gay squid sex is 100% a Sven thing, Larian made a previous game based around a degenerate dating sim where you fuck skeletons, lizard men, and dwarves. Deutcher humor at its finest.

So how did Karlach serve the Exemplar of Tyranny for a couple years as a bodyguard w/o noticing anything was wrong. I’m assuming Lord Hair Metal was whipping his slaves on the reg…. She’s just that stupid?

Padzi

Arbiter
Because the Upper City was cut from the game so late into development, I have the feeling that cut content for the upper city was partially transported into the lower city, and that is one of the main reasons why act 3 is such a mess.
yea act 3 is full of cut corners. im guessing ACT 3 was supposed to be dedicated to the Bhaal temple and Orin. Then they just shoved Cazador's mansion into a random location on top of the city wall and placed whats-his-faces' coronation inside a guard barracks.

It's still by far the strongest act of the game. It's way more ambitious, has way more interesting quests, etc. I had way more fun with act 3 than with acts 1 and 2.
Yes. Cazador's mansion AND Raphael's house should be in upper city.

Nomad_Blizz

Arcane
not sure what's wrong, maybe my save file got corrupted or sth. I haven't played since patch #1 and now the game crashes constantly when starting a conversation with someone ingame. I left off right after starting act 3.

Barbarian

Arcane
Coronation ceremony filled with nobles happening in some fist barracks in the lower city is probably the most in your face "yes this shouldn't be here we rushed it" moment

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
The hardest difficulty setting adds special abilities to enemies, and for several fights this means radiant backlash that screws over paladins, though the only fight where it presents tremendous difficulty is the one against the disciples of Shar.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
> For some reason every single deep gnome in the game is a homossexual

You lost me, I'm trying to think why you would say that but I only remember encountering them in the Underdark, I don't remember them being particularly flamboyant or anything?

No, it is literally that. That female gnome you track down for the runepowder vial for instance asks you to tell her (female) lover that she is dead. One of the gnomes participating in the dig asks you to save his "husband" trapped inside with Nere and both rant about it if you save them. Then there is Barcus and Wulbren. There are also more I probably don't remember.

That is I think the most woke thing in this game. There are more homossexual couples than straight ones. Older games usually went the route of placing one token pair of sodomites somewhere for being INCLOOSIVE. Larian took it deeper and made faerun a land of faggotry.

One thing I will hand it to the belgians is that most homo couples in the game are lesbian. Less repugnant than shitpushers for sure.
The rare married couple near the Myconids hate each other and winning the quest is liberating the wife from her idiot husband or whatever.

Stunning and brave

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
The rare married couple near the Myconids hate each other and winning the quest is liberating the wife from her idiot husband or whatever.
Yes, but thanks to Belgian autism, we're at least allowed to get the "bad" end to the quest by freeing the husband from mental slavery.

Barbarian

Arcane
> For some reason every single deep gnome in the game is a homossexual

You lost me, I'm trying to think why you would say that but I only remember encountering them in the Underdark, I don't remember them being particularly flamboyant or anything?

No, it is literally that. That female gnome you track down for the runepowder vial for instance asks you to tell her (female) lover that she is dead. One of the gnomes participating in the dig asks you to save his "husband" trapped inside with Nere and both rant about it if you save them. Then there is Barcus and Wulbren. There are also more I probably don't remember.

That is I think the most woke thing in this game. There are more homossexual couples than straight ones. Older games usually went the route of placing one token pair of sodomites somewhere for being INCLOOSIVE. Larian took it deeper and made faerun a land of faggotry.

One thing I will hand it to the belgians is that most homo couples in the game are lesbian. Less repugnant than shitpushers for sure.

Stunning and brave

Ok, but those two are dwarves.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Cleric is pretty good

There is any D&D video game where clerics aren't pretty good?
The upper city could've been a piece of DLC they are adamant about not doing.

If Larian is doing a DLC IMO they should just pick some DOS1 "skill lines" and spells/skills and adapt into 5e spells and subclasses.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom