Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

Max Damage

Savant
Yeah, I'm sure one will get much reaction from Timmy98 who will just google a fix and play offline ever after. All this achieves is shrinking online pool for everybody, yourself included, such epic win.

ferratilis

Magister
Almost everyone I run into these days is a dexterity ballerina. Although, last night I ran into a guy using what looked like Bloodhound's Step from Elden Ring. I didn't even know such an ability exists in DS2. Since he was a mage, I guess it's some spell. He backstabbed me before I knew what's going on.

1WK212O.jpeg

XWi76O8.jpeg

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I don't understand this kind of "trolling", imagine being such a sad loser that you get joy from bricking someone's character.

I had a dickhead do something like this to me in DS3. I was lucky in that it didn't insert a ton of items, but it was trying to give you things that clearly shouldn't exist so you'd get picked up by a From automated ban, as far as I can tell.

Fortunately, dumping the items was enough to sort it out, but the one thing that he did that could've screwed me if I hadn't passed that point in the game already was that he increased my Dark Souls held which I don't think there's anything you can do about without actually editing your character. I also don't think that worked the way he wanted it to... not sure if the item has an internal limit far lower than what he tried to pass me or if it just has a display maximum. That could've borked the character or run for me otherwise. Was pretty annoyed in any case.

Bendu

Augur
I once got a soft ban in DSII vanilla because of a dickhead oneshotting the Ancient Dragon and messing up my savefile. Since than I manually backup my savefiles once in a while and use mods like Blue Acolyte (DS2) or Blue Sentinel (DS3). Never got a soft ban for using my backups or using those mods.

ferratilis

Magister
Thanks for the info. I installed Blue Acolyte, but I don't think it's working. Look at this little bitch, as soon as he spawned he teleported on top of that pillar and started shooting arrows at me. After realizing the arrows can't get me, he came down and one shotted me with a spell, even though my shield was raised and has good magic protection. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this isn't something you can just do in the game, especially getting on top of that pillar?

rAfZ0gL.jpeg

Bendu

Augur
Aren't you the invader in this case? He may have used parry walk to get there, but oneshotting you sounds like he was cheating.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom