Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II is snubbed by Codex

Is the prophesy true?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cheesedragon117

Educated
Thrown instead of throne? Really? This entire thread has been a waist of time...

Maybe DD2 is "snubbed" by the 'dex because although it accomplishes a lot of things, it still doesn't clear Elden Ring in the sum of its parts? Maybe the combat, build, enemy and boss variety are extremely lacking by comparison? Maybe the story is unfinished? Maybe Insuno's style and method of punking the player is objectively inferior to Miyazaki's?

I'll be honest, I already got tired of DD2 and haven't even booted it up in like 3 weeks. So maybe I don't have a leg to stand on because, full disclosure, I haven't beaten the "final" boss. But I got tired of it in ways I never would have in my initial playthrough of ER. The dread of inventory management and having to walk everywhere has completely overshadowed the excitement of potentially finding a new location or fighting a "new"boss (The same thing I've fought 10 times but with "gore" in its name). And the quest where the Sphinx asks you to grab your Beloved (another unexplained mechanic) and hand-carry them all the way to the shrine to "see the depth of your insanity"? Yeah, no... you just know Itsuno is taking the piss at that point...

Anonona

Learned
And the quest where the...
Probably you are not really interested seeing as you are tired of the game, but about that quest...

You don't have to carry your beloved, any NPC will do, including your own pawns. It just raises their affinity a bunch. You can also use the magic bottle of the first riddle to carry a person in your inventory. Also you can grab a person, use a Riftstone while carrying them and teleport them with you, so you can set a Portcrystal beforehand

Cheesedragon117

Educated
Oh, and as an aside, my lack of final-boss-defeating isn't a skill issue, but a refusal to spend hours farming a full inventory of the appropriate consumables. It stems largely from an unwillingness rather than an inability.

Honestly, if only the laws of video games allowed it, I wish I could just beat the rest of the game with my Elden Ring character instead of the Arisen. The Tarnished could make Gremory or whatever his name is his bitch in a few seconds, in a flurry of slashes, lightning, dodges and properly locked-on attacks. And solo, too. Meanwhile the Arisen takes a few minutes to get anything going, be it a greatsword swing, a spell, or recovering from a hit. He has to whore consumables just to cling to life, Oh! and don't forget, he's absolutely nothing without a full cadre of his sycophants :P

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Does any one else remember The World Ends With You 2? A niche fanbased hyped up a game for years, wouldn't shut up about it and finally got a sequel made. It sold very poorly and now the franchise is dead.
Huh, I liked The World Ends With You but never knew it had a sequel.

deuxhero

Arcane
Does any one else remember The World Ends With You 2? A niche fanbased hyped up a game for years, wouldn't shut up about it and finally got a sequel made. It sold very poorly and now the franchise is dead.
And Square-Enix's ethics department destroyed that one like Capcom's destroyed DD2. The girl in the player's party outright has shorts painted onto her body, clearly not intended, because SE wouldn't let it have panties.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom