Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights (NWN & NWN2) Modules Thread

Apostle Hand

Liturgist
Batshit Crazy
Nwn would be much better if you could take more classes

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Gargaune, any chance you could compile a list of all EE-exclusive or EE-enhanced modules? Thank you!

Edit: And, if you're feeling particularly helpful, it would be awesome to have them sorted by recommended starting level, and "chronologically" (intended playing order, if applicable) as well! :)

rogueknight333

Arbiter
It is possible to set the search functions on the Vault to look for EE modules only, like this.

There are also various lists of modules some of which include information like recommended starting levels but unfortunately these are mostly very out of date and probably will not include the newer EE modules, among other omissions.

Gargaune

Arcane
Gargaune, any chance you could compile a list of all EE-exclusive or EE-enhanced modules? Thank you!

Edit: And, if you're feeling particularly helpful, it would be awesome to have them sorted by recommended starting level, and "chronologically" (intended playing order, if applicable) as well! :)
RK beat me to it, you can filter the Vault's search for Modules in the NWN EE category at the top. I'm not really in a position to categorise 'em, the two series I mentioned are just the highlights I recalled off the top of my head - the Alazander series consisting of SoS (1-8), CToT (8-14) and TotM (15-22), and the pair of Almraiven (1-3) and Shadewood (3-7). TotM can also work as a sequel to DoD (8-14), as you know. And we're expecting the Doom of Icewind Dale soon, which will presumably carry on with your OC PC from level 20, if that counts.

Shuruga

Educated
rogueknight333 and Gargaune covered it but I thought I'd just add that when I was scouring the vault for modules, the search function RK mentioned with "sort by votes" was a standard method for me to try to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Estarixq

Novice
Go with the EE, it's currently 2.39 euro on GOG, so it's not that much of a risk. Most module builders have moved to the EE and the modules made with the EE will be more compatible with it. It also features some nice QoL improvements like having an interface to automatically download and install widely-liked and acclaimed modules/campaigns like the Aielund Saga.
Agreed with Lacrymas, EE's the way to go now even if you're only interested in singleplayer, you've got a bunch of very worthwhile QoL improvements, including some more advanced party controls, a bunch of new graphical options, and UI scaling. You've also got some EE-exclusive revisions for community modules (Siege of Shadowdale and Crimson Tides of Tethyr, Almraiven and Shadewood), plus access to Tyrants of the Moonsea and the EE update of Darkness over Daggerford as paid expansions, check the review links in my sig.
Thanks for the replies guys, I'll go with the EE while it's still on sale!

Gargaune

Arcane
"With the death of the guardian white dragon, the world within the snow globe has disappeared. You must exit through the portal."

*click*

Rogue henchman unlocks the door.

FFS :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom