Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Confessions of a dirty gamer

Vyvian

Educated
I had fun in Fallout 3 but only when it was filtered through New Vegas via A Tale of Two Wastelands with the gameplay improvements NV had over the original 3.

Iucounu

Educated
far-cry-3-review-Cenotetcm2174636.jpg

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
I have thalassophobia and when I was a teenager I was very scared of going underwater in Morrowind, because the monsters spooked me. So I avoided going underwater at any cost.
There's an upgrade at the bottom, could you go grab it for me? I'll use it to enhance your arrow quiver.

far-cry-3-review-Cenotetcm2174636.jpg

(Far Cry 3)

(didn't do it)
This looks absolutely delightful to me. People with phobias are weird.

Sweeper

Arcane
People with phobias are weird.
Fear of heights isn't a phobia, it's like having a phobia of standing next to bears or lions. It's perfectly rational to fear standing on a ledge with a several hundred meter drop below it.
Fuck you guys, I ain't a pussy, you're just dumb (and irrational).

HappyDaddyWow!

Educated
dragons dogma and DD2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Any from software game after bloodborne
I don't even think this is a confession, it's basically just common sense. I played Elden Ring for maybe 5-10 hours then quit when I realized there's literally nothing new and it's the same fromslop as last time but with an "open" world.
I don't need a "point", and you will not speak to The Daddy in this tone again peasant.
Well, this is easily the most pathetically faggy thing I'll read today. Thanks for that I guess.
No, peasant, it is not "pathetically faggy". Do not question The Daddy's authority again.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I loved Fallout 3 on my first playthrough, and think it's a genuinely good game.
The ending alone was a put off before they retconned it to sell DLC. I even went back to a previous save to add Fawkes to my party before I did the ending just because I figured you needed him in the party in order to avoid the "bad ending" only to discover Bethesda was completely retarded.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I loved Fallout 3 on my first playthrough, and think it's a genuinely good game.
The ending alone was a put off before they retconned it to sell DLC. I even went back to a previous save to add Fawkes to my party before I did the ending just because I figured you needed him in the party in order to avoid the "bad ending" only to discover Bethesda was completely retarded.
Why cheapen the moment? It is your destiny, after all. :lol:

Hagashager

Educated
*Trigger Codex with a statement*
Fawkes is a woman.

Learned
The "two weeks later" cinematic at the beginning of the DLC was a vanilla asset and IIRC some people theorized that Bethesda would retcon the sacrifice with a DLC, which they did.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
The "two weeks later" cinematic at the beginning of the DLC was a vanilla asset and IIRC some people theorized that Bethesda would retcon the sacrifice with a DLC, which they did.
Supposedly, the original intent was that you'd play your character for that character's entire life, because that would be cool? That's why it starts with your birth and why they force you to kill yourself at the end. But it's not a cool idea. It never was. It sounds cool, until you think about it. I'm guessing Bethesda didn't think about it ever and just realized that they couldn't sell the DLC if you were dead.

The Jester

Cipher
I had sex for the first time before I masturbaited for the first time. I am also still with the woman I lost my virginity to(and took hers in the process).

It's cool that you're close with your sister, but this is a RPG thread.

Anyway...
  • PS:T sucks and would've been better as a VN or short story. I'd rather play Might & Magic 1 though.
  • The best part of Arcanum is the manual.
  • Arkane Studios has produced exactly 0 good games.
  • BG1 is better than BG2, just as KotC1 is better than KotC2, and Fallout is better than Fallout 2. Sometimes less is more.
  • There's a good chance I played World of Warcraft for more hours than every Steam game I have combined.
  • 3.5E is the best edition of D&D.
  • The best mainline Final Fantasy is 6, but the best cinematic Final Fantasy is 8.
  • Chrono Trigger is pretty cool.
  • I believed Molyneux's horse shit about the features Fable would have on release. "It's going to have growing trees! Holy fuck!"
  • Part of the reason I hate ME2 and DA2 so much is that I thought DA:O and ME1 were awesome.
  • I was lurking the Codex since about 2006 but finally registered because I wanted to post about DA:O which was about to release. :lol: :negative:
Nigger this isn't "trigger the codex" thread.
Tell us something that make you want to commit seppuku.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I had sex for the first time before I masturbaited for the first time. I am also still with the woman I lost my virginity to(and took hers in the process).

It's cool that you're close with your sister, but this is a RPG thread.

Anyway...
  • PS:T sucks and would've been better as a VN or short story. I'd rather play Might & Magic 1 though.
  • The best part of Arcanum is the manual.
  • Arkane Studios has produced exactly 0 good games.
  • BG1 is better than BG2, just as KotC1 is better than KotC2, and Fallout is better than Fallout 2. Sometimes less is more.
  • There's a good chance I played World of Warcraft for more hours than every Steam game I have combined.
  • 3.5E is the best edition of D&D.
  • The best mainline Final Fantasy is 6, but the best cinematic Final Fantasy is 8.
  • Chrono Trigger is pretty cool.
  • I believed Molyneux's horse shit about the features Fable would have on release. "It's going to have growing trees! Holy fuck!"
  • Part of the reason I hate ME2 and DA2 so much is that I thought DA:O and ME1 were awesome.
  • I was lurking the Codex since about 2006 but finally registered because I wanted to post about DA:O which was about to release. :lol: :negative:
Nigger this isn't "trigger the codex" thread.
Tell us something that make you want to commit seppuku.

I prefer to tell you something that makes you want to commit sudoku.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom